ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus Luka refuses to play defense.

Glad to see LA show up tonight as I really expected them to take the night off.

Agree. Jokic, next in votes, should have gotten the final 1st team slot.

But it’s not like he was snubbed either. Still All NBA.

Guess my main point is no brainer guys like Durant, Ja, Harden, Kyrie, etc - all clearly top 15 players, don’t get courtesy nods for resume, marginal, bullshit, or oft injured seasons.

Larry June commercial 🍊😍

Last edited:
Have it on pretty solid authority that Mitch will be retiring in the next 1-2 years. I believe, at a minimum, he wants to see the Memorial Coliseum renovation complete which I think is late next summer.

The one wild card to all of it is if Cal announces he is gone after this season which is what some people have speculated (Drew Franklin and even Tucker to an extent).

Mitch would then be in the position of moving his timeline up to let his replacement hire the new bball coach or hiring the new coach himself and then maybe having to go an extra year or 2. Don’t know what Mitch would do in this position.

I’ll own it if I’m wrong but I believe my contact on this one. He’s been right way more than wrong.

Reactions: jayroon and wcc31
Queens: LIC and Astoria food scene are pretty dope actually. Best Asian and Indian food on the east coast are there.

Also… AD getting helped off court in wheelchair and subsequently being laughed at by Chuck and Shaq (for being a pussy) is telling of his Charmin-soft reputation.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Considering Cal recently said he isn’t going anywhere for like 6 years I guess we don’t have to think about him slowing Top Button down at all.

I'm not sure how college basketball writers keep up with it now, it's exhausting. And it doesn't even include graduates, Oscar or Reeves could bounce in late July if they wanted to.

Creighton was a bucket from the Final 4, and looked to return their entire team, or close.

Now, they're essentially losing everyone. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. If you can't get a group of mostly non-NBA guys to run-it-back as the best team in school history looking to win a title, what are we even doing?
If the NCAA or whoever doesn’t get a handle on this, CBB is cooked. And the coaches have to hate it - how in the world do you build a stable program and culture in this environment? Just throwing a bunch of pieces together every year and hoping for the best. It’s not sustainable.

I crack up when I see goons blast Cal on portal/draft losses like we are the only program that struggles holding folks. Blast him for his late game bed shitting and horrible rotations but a ton of folks are just losing their projected starters a few months before the season starts. Making those dudes actual employees (what they are) and having actual contracts should have happened years ago. You are never going to be able to control it otherwise.

Lol at Bilas and all those goons who acted like you could just implement the Olympic model into something like CBB and everything would work itself out.

No transferring without sitting out a year after a freshman year, unless a coach leaves. Those kids went through the recruiting process and know exactly what they are getting into with their chosen school. Also, actually enforce the one time transfer rule. If a guy transfers twice, he has to sit out a year that second time. Simply enforcing those two things would improve matters greatly.

If the NCAA or whoever doesn’t get a handle on this, CBB is cooked. And the coaches have to hate it - how in the world do you build a stable program and culture in this environment? Just throwing a bunch of pieces together every year and hoping for the best. It’s not sustainable.
Kinda understand why Jay Wright dipped out when he did tbh

I see a lot less of the “they deserved to get paid” crowd now that college sports are sucking complete ass

heres an idea. A free education WAS and still IS worth something. If a free education doesn’t appeal then maybe that kid should go to the G league or Istanbul. I’m gonna cheer for the states flagship program I’d love to see a little pride (non homo) be injected back into the program

The sports writers are responsible for this. They whined for years about the previous transfer rules. OMGZ these kids are being exploited! ITS NOT FAIR THAT A COACH CAN LEAVE BIT THESE KIDS HAVE TO SIT OUT A YEAR!

Maybe the NCAA should adjust the current free for all and institute trades instead of simple transfers. That could be fun.

So if we want to go after an elite scoring wing then we need to be prepared to give up Oscar and kick in some cash.

and if UL wants a new small forward they will have to give up a second-string guard and their rights to ownership of Muhammad Ali that they claimed when he passed.

-Sports writers are absolutely not responsible.

-I love the chaos, not because it's good for the sport, but because the NCAA had decades to fix this. When was the Sonny Vacarro meeting with University Presidents, 2001? Instead they stuffed every orifice full of shoe company money on the back of free labor. Coaches moved to take big bags of cash after recruiting kids and making promises. Everyone pointed fingers and admonished, mostly poor black families, that were digging in back allies for leftover scraps. Emmert dug in until politicians got involved and without reason just opened the flood gates. We have countless models around the world of how this SHOULD work. How they can attract the best young talent and be a junior league for the NBA/NFL. They just refuse to do it, and in true capitalistic nature, the product is finding new avenues. G-League, prep leagues, overseas, waiting until the very last days of transfer market to select the team offering the most cash. Good for the kids. If the old rich bastards can't figure out how to control the system and won't acknowledge where we're at. F*ck em.

Rack Chad on the Nolan Ryan documentary. The man owns almost every pitching record, yet didn't win the Cy Young one single time. Just goes to show that it's stupid to let these journalism nerds that never played a sport vote on all this shit.
He has 7 no hitters, the next closest is 4. His no hitters and strike outs will never be beaten.

Rack Chad on the Nolan Ryan documentary. The man owns almost every pitching record, yet didn't win the Cy Young one single time. Just goes to show that it's stupid to let these journalism nerds that never played a sport vote on all this shit.
He has 7 no hitters, the next closest is 4. His no hitters and strike outs will never be beaten.
Also has like 4 1-hitters so he was dang close to double digit no hitters

That's a little harsh. What year should Nolan Ryan have won the Cy Young?
  • The year he finished second Jim Palmer had a better year from an ERA and W-L record perspective. Ryan had twice as many K's, but Palmer had more shutouts.
  • The first time he finished third he lost to Catfish Hunter and Ferguson Jenkins
  • The second time he finished third he finished behind Sparky Lyle (who?) and Jim Palmer. Palmer and Ryan had very similar numbers that year although Ryan had many more Ks. Ryan had the second highest WAR (which hadn't been invented), but the guy who had the highest (Frank Tanana) finished 10th. Also, they cared about W-Ls back then and Ryan was 19-16 that year.
  • In 81 - a strike shortened season - he finished 4th but it may have been his most dominant year. He had a 1.69 ERA that year, but he finished behind Fernando Valenzuela, Tom Seaver and Stever Carlton. Fernando V had 8 shutouts that year while Ryan had 3.
So it's not like he was losing to scrubs. And there were valid arguments why he didn't win each time.

That's a little harsh. What year should Nolan Ryan have won the Cy Young?
  • The year he finished second Jim Palmer had a better year from an ERA and W-L record perspective. Ryan had twice as many K's, but Palmer had more shutouts.
  • The first time he finished third he lost to Catfish Hunter and Ferguson Jenkins
  • The second time he finished third he finished behind Sparky Lyle (who?) and Jim Palmer. Palmer and Ryan had very similar numbers that year although Ryan had many more Ks. Ryan had the second highest WAR (which hadn't been invented), but the guy who had the highest (Frank Tanana) finished 10th. Also, they cared about W-Ls back then and Ryan was 19-16 that year.
  • In 81 - a strike shortened season - he finished 4th but it may have been his most dominant year. He had a 1.69 ERA that year, but he finished behind Fernando Valenzuela, Tom Seaver and Stever Carlton. Fernando V had 8 shutouts that year while Ryan had 3.
So it's not like he was losing to scrubs. And there were valid arguments why he didn't win each time.
I can not imagine being dorky enough to go pull those stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT