ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indestructible chicken thighs, charred on a grill with apricot glaze is height of simplistic BBQ. Sublime.

Dettling 6-grain mash, 62-mo Cask Strength bourbon is so f*cking good. Aspirational pour.

Poker night Friday here at the house for my nephew’s old-guy bachelor party. Uncles and cousins drinking of my collection, eating barbecue and smoking Cuban sticks. No doubt typhoon will squash any plans. I got a custom felt fold out poker table matched to my dining table dims. Haven’t broke out that shit since my Louisville days.

RIP Denny. Denny was the hero of my deceased Father In Law. You realize that when the tendrils of your loved one’s, loved ones die… they die even more.

My son barely squeaked by on his UK GPA to keep his competitive scholarships rolling. Kid was a turd the last week in anticipation of bad news.

Went to the Frying Pan on the West Side Highway with the company for drinks. I pointed out, on the skyline, that I worked on several big time residential buildings (Foster, Stern, Nouvel, 108 Leonard)… then I realized how old I was sounding 🥺.

Add Jaylen “dunning kruger” Brown and his social commentary along with Tatum who has been anointed despite accomplishing nothing. I can’t stand anything about Boston.

And they are coached by Joe Effin’ Mazzula from the WVU debacle

-This isn't me razzing a friend, I honestly have no idea what PTI's point is 75% time. He's a weird bird.

-Huggins was obviously hammered. He started that conversation like he was with a group of buddies at the 19th hole. He was talking about dildos and trans people like :15 seconds into the call.

-Iowa and Iowa St 20+ athletes in a gambling investigation. Yikes.

-Cal(Berkley), has to be one of the worst histories in MBB, looks to be approving a 100M practice facility in the near future.

-I know it's cool to hate the Lakers, and all our former players, but I'd love to see AD get another ring while dominating the post season.

-Tried Pine Room in Lou after Derby. Great little spot. Cauliflower app and pork chop were dope. Manhattan was perfect. I guess that's the old Basa guys? Kind of a bummer they didn't have more Vietnamese choices. Worshipped Basa.

Love Pie Room. Best meal I’ve had since Ruby’s the night of Patty’s Day or when I hit Galatoires in New Orleans after hurricanes all day on Fat Tuesday back in 2017.

NBA such an insane product.

Branch out and watch more sports. It's the worst major sport by a mile right now (and the ratings reflect that).

Every possession is devalued because of how easy it is to score now with the current rules in place. Nearly every possession (at least until the final 3-4 minutes) ends in a wide open 3 or uncontested layup.

And that's just the start of the league's issues.

I think NBA talent and preparation - especially among playoff teams - is almost too good at this point. It's very formulaic - and I don't mean that as a dis. Their sets are so clean and the skills are so great that on TV I often find it a little boring in that you realize that statisically speaking it's likely going to be a close game going into the 4th. Going to the game changes everything though... it's so impressive in person.

It’s ridiculous in person, they’re all so big and athletic. @B.B.d.K. Would be aroused all game.

If you don’t get the product fine, but the playoffs are so fun. I’ve watched more this year than in a long time.

I want the Lakers or Suns to win. But right now, it’s going to be tough to beat the Nuggets. If Murray is hitting it’s impossible to beat him and Joker.

And Embiid is crazy. #300 center shooting 3s.

NBA is def high skill but every team plays the same way bc the analytics are the same for all the teams which makes the product kind of boring to watch.

Corner 3’s
High ball screen
Lots of FT

Possession after possession

I think NBA talent and preparation - especially among playoff teams - is almost too good at this point. It's very formulaic - and I don't mean that as a dis. Their sets are so clean and the skills are so great that on TV I often find it a little boring in that you realize that statisically speaking it's likely going to be a close game going into the 4th. Going to the game changes everything though... it's so impressive in person.

You obviously missed game 4 of the Lakers/Warriors....LA 6/25 from 3P; GS 12/41. The overall execution was shillito park-esque. Horrible flow. 30 turnovers. Curry and James looked like they were in a h-o-r-s-e contest. This has been the rule for most post season games vs. your Lakers/Celtics example of the 80's.

So the Lakers-Warriors the other night was a shit show? Thought it was pretty entertaining with some great defense. Lakers are the best defensive team in the playoffs. They completely shut down Klay. Steph can’t do everything.

I can't frickin wait to see a defense with Walker, Afari, Wallace, Jackson, Weaver, Childress, and Lovett all on the field at the same time. Loaded. Any of them could have been the best player on the defense in some other seasons.

Can we get this guy to Cincinnati already?

Color me skeptical of anything Marc Maggard says.

The Suns / Nugs game was an art form.

Regular season blows.
I would tend to agree, but I went to a meaningless Orlando-Cavs game right before the regular season ended and then effort was 100%. I think the majority of those guys put significant effort in every time out.

Reactions: jayroon
Shorts:

- The NBA is rather homogenous these days. Not sure how one could argue it isn’t. That said, I do like not being able to pencil in the Finals matchup before the season starts anymore.

- It’s not so much the amount of Kentucky players in the playoffs, it’s that so many of them play huge roles and step up. These aren’t empty stats guys. How do we only have one championship?

- Got Dave Parker’s autograph in the creepy bingo hall-feeling Empress Chili in Highland Heights that was attached to the Thriftway - now the front door to NKU’s campus - in 1986. Got Sabo’s autograph in the parking lot of the Drug Emporium in Ft. Thomas which is now some megachurch. Got all the Bengals autographs at Wilmington College during training camp every August 1986-1990.

- The Nolan Ryan doc on Netflix is excellent. His wife- who he’s been with since she was 16 - is one of those older ladies you can just tell was smoke back in the day.

Who can match Nolan Ryan on the overall sports fan approval ratings? Barry Sanders. Jordan.

- I’ve always treated NBA rooting interest based solely on UK but if there was a slight softness in my heart it would be for the Celtics. My dad knew Dave Cowens, NewCath alum. That said, F today’s Celtics. Tatum is a Dookie doosh. I hate Brown and Mazulla can absolutely eat one. Meanwhile, as annoying as I find LeBron, I wouldn’t mind AD getting another.

Would rather Riley/Bam, Murray, Randle/IQ, Maxey or Booker win, though.

- Among the top things about having a kid is seeing their relationship with your parents. It’s pretty cool. My mom is probably my daughter’s favorite overall person and my dad can make her crack up just walking into the room. She has a similarly great relationship with my wonderful in-laws.

- Pretty incredible that every portal interest we’ve heard and has been a big or a perimeter-challenged wing. Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT