ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn’t a Spanish or French pro basketball player make as much as an MLS player in america?
According to the internet, the average attendance at an MLS game is 20K+. The average attendance for a Series A league basketball game in Spain or Italy is like 5K.

Reactions: 80 Proof
The minimum they make is $80k. That would be the least notable scrubs. To go play in Europe as a teen - early 20s. The big names make millions without worrying about NCAA BS.

The majority of leagues in European basketball pay an average of $500,000 to $800,000 per season, which is a respectable wage. The top players can earn up to $4 million a year.

Did Anth really just find a random article on the internet and use it as proof. Check out this line:

"Out in Africa, the Basketball Africa League (BAL) has so far identified itself as the best competition in the continent, with players typically making $4,000 - $7,000 monthly. The top players, however, earn about $35,000 per month."

Lol... sure.

Here's one from an actual American playing pro ball in Europe (from Quora)

"Overseas pros make a huge range of salaries:

The Top

In Euro league: the best 30 players make somewhere between 1 and 3 million USD per year

In the top national leagues such as the ACB, VTB, ESAKE, BSL etc. most players will make between 5–10k a month

On top of this: house, car, food, and sometimes even taxes is paid for the players

The Middle

As you move down the ranks, payment gets a lot muddier. You have players in lower leagues getting paid more than players in higher leagues because they are popular and can draw a crowd. Veterans command more money than rookies and bigs often command more than guards. Then you have to consider each players value if they are considered an import or a local.

It is all very confusing, but between 1k and 3k a month is pretty good in the mid level leagues, any more you are doing really well.

The Bottom

One of the very cool things about the European system is you have a huge range of players that are getting paid to do what they love.

At the lower levels the contracts get much more creative as well.

Often players that are just getting their start will take a contract from 0–300ish a month just to build their resume and hope they can move up. These contracts often include food, travel, and a place to live. Sometimes the teams will set the players up other jobs in order to make some extra money.

Even below that you have players getting paid by the game, or paid only with incentives to win. This multi tiered system is awesome because it allows for serious competition for a much larger group than in the US. The other really great thing is that even the small teams draw a committed and rowdy crowd."

I don't even remember what we're arguing about.

My point was, given the NIL money that's available in college, it's in the players' best interest to make sure the product stays good. The guys on our team can make more at UK than just about any league other than the NBA.

I don't even remember what we're arguing about.

You said no one outside the NBA made good money playing basketball. Several people said that wasn’t true, including anth providing a link saying the top euro players made millions. You then lold at the source and provided a competing link confirming the top foreign players made millions. You then said you forgot what everyone was arguing about.

You said no one outside the NBA made good money playing basketball. Several people said that wasn’t true, including anth providing a link saying the top euro players made millions. You then lold at the source and provided a competing link confirming the top foreign players made millions. You then said you forgot what everyone was arguing about.
That’s funny as hell when you’re high

- Sure could use some @WynnDuffy tonight.

- Generally I’m good with that dad life, but weekends like this - Derby and our first sustainable legit weather weekend- are giving me the itch. Instead I’m home watching my daughter, now drinking alone on my deck listening to Dave Matthews thinking about some raucous Derby’s eve nights with BBdK and PTI while my wife is out to dinner with friends.

- Speaking of, you really can’t be a dad without a second fridge stocked with a random allotment of brews.

- My daughter’s favorite song is a Daily Affirmation by Snoop Dogg. I remember first time I saw that dude on MTV and he was just menacing, like don’t F with him. Now, he’s making toddler songs.

- It’s still inexplicable to me how Uncle Kracker gained a modicum of fame.

- I love some of our pieces - Wagner/Edwards/Reeves for instance, but if Oscars back, you need ALL shooters around him - not some F’ing 5-man who hits’m good in practice.

- Sure could use some @WynnDuffy tonight.

- Coincidentally, just opened Catpaw for the first time since a couple days after we lost to…whoever it was we lost to. Just haven’t wanted to think about anything related to my lifelong passion, the CATS. Thanks, Cal. You are such a piece of shit.

- Took advantage of a sale the Arbor Day Foundation was running and ordered a bunch of flowering trees to liven up a few places in my sylvan lot. Dogwood, crabapple, redbud, some wild looking orange/yellow butterfly bushes. Going to plant those sons of bitches today while ripping on a pen and listening to some agreeable tunes.

- Reds could actually be interesting when we get past the service time date and CES, McLain, Abbot get called up. Jay Bruce still sucks, tho.

- I bet Wayne owns a gas grill, and wears an apron with some cheeky saying while he mans it.

- Who is having all the sex these days? Is it just the gays? The transvestites? Goatfu**ers? It’s not ~40 something white suburban dads, apparently.

- I hope all the horses win.

Just got to top golf and I love seeing these nerds roll in with their cleats, glove and full set of clubs 😂.

I know there’s a few of you in here. Go to an actual range, this is basically arcade golf.

My bets on the toughest race to bet….
5-8-14-22 boxed for exacta, trifecta and superfecta.
Not suggested for copying since anything can happen with all the firsts for these horses.

Nah, Summer move-in is mud-June and we’re playing mid-July.

I don’t think anyone will enroll and leave, they might decide not to play but that happens mid season too.

- Have been indisposed all weekend with travel basketball and Derby plans. Never had a chance to break the race down for you guys but just understand that I didn’t win any money so . . . yeah. A random crapshoot.

- I had the 2nd and 3rd place finishers in my exotics but I didn’t believe in Mage. I wisely tossed the Japanese horses, but foolishly believed in Tapit Trice. I knew he was a plodder that wouldn’t like that early inside position but I didn’t listen.

- Two Phil’s ran the best race in my opinion. Stayed close to the pace and finished willingly.

- Prat moved a little late with Angel. He had a rough weekend. Bad Oaks ride and the late move yesterday. . . not great.

- Lots of scratches and no super horse/favorite, but this Derby came up looking good. Respectable times/pace and good efforts all around. Everyone gets orange slices, peppermints, and Capri-Suns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT