ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every player on the court should be able to knock down a 3. Don’t have to be great or shoot a lot but you have to be a threat.

Every coach in America understands this except ours who often plays lineups with not only 1 but even 2 guys who can’t be that threat.

Handicapping all night, still know idea but think Two Phil's gets a piece.

Wife wakes me early to help clean house because cleaning lady is coming. 3rd world problems.

Artisan bread from Kroger, toasted with butter is my go-to breakfast lately. Good texture.

Good luck.

I’m Oaks Day! That wonderful day Louisvillians wait year round for- schools closed, businesses let employees out early. There’s a tremendous and palpable buzz and pride in the city! For amateur handicappers around town, it marcus welby Christmas.

And BBdK will be taking it all in … California. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m Oaks Day! That wonderful day Louisvillians wait year round for- schools closed, businesses let employees out early. There’s a tremendous and palpable buzz and pride in the city! For amateur handicappers around town, it marcus welby Christmas.

And BBdK will be taking it all in … California. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Mercy

Churchill absolutely showed out yesterday. Helps when you couldn't script the weather any better.

We were up in the Matt Winn room. 6th floor, overlooking the finish line. Incredible setup, open bar, 4 course meal, more TV's inside than a sports bar. They crushed that new addition. Would welcome a repeat visit to check it out in the offseason.

The new setup at 1st turn seemed to be hopping. Did hear this morning because of the stadium seating it was a chore to get drinks.

Fly-by of the Paddock to check out the eclectic assortment of patrons. Uppity east-enders mingling with southend white trash. Tattoos and bolt on's on full display. Decadent and Depraved indeed, Hunter would be proud.

This sleepy little river town always nails this week. Can't imagine flying across the country to avoid the once-a-year festivities.

Thurby was like old school Oaks. Place was great yesterday.
Been that ways for a few years now. Tuesday and Thursday are the day for locals now.

Today will be a mess down there.

As a non horse junkie that can no longer stand huge crowds I totally understand getting out of town for this week.

Bradshaw will make a hell of a 4 at USC if you believe Sisk.

I mean, I don’t really believe it, but it sounds about right for 2023 John Calipari.

Small ball.

lol

real-ones-real.gif

Amazing how the NCAA took a great product and let it get to this. Tell these clowns the transfer stuff is over. Don't want to do a full year - make it a half season ban. Further, set a clear drop dead date on LOI and stick with it. It's in the interest of the players (NIL / going to college) to know that the health of the game is important.

Amazing how the NCAA took a great product and let it get to this. Tell these clowns the transfer stuff is over. Don't want to do a full year - make it a half season ban. Further, set a clear drop dead date on LOI and stick with it. It's in the interest of the players (NIL / going to college) to know that the health of the game is important.

The “great product” has been deteriorating since:

1. People realized they could make ridiculous $$$ playing basketball.

2. Those same people realized they really didn’t need college that much.

I mean, Emmert showed no prep at all for this shit show but the product has been dwindling for awhile.

Well the real issue came when it was decided the players should t be tied to a university anymore than a coach so we allowed a transfer portal.

Since then it’s slowly grown to an abused stupid system.

You should be allowed 1 transfer, after that though you’ll have to sit out a year and it will be a lost year of eligibility!

Granite it was 21 years ago, but my first job out of college paid $30,000/year and consisted of me cold calling people to scam them into taking out high interest mortgage loans exceeding the value of their homes and would eventually help collapse the world economy.

So it's pretty funny to hear anyone say "yeah, basketball players don't make that much overseas."

K. Guess they should just graduate and go get that $250k/year job selling medical devices at 23 years old instead. Way better gig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT