ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randoms:

- We didn’t go to the Low Country for Spring Break. Chose a “stay”cation instead. Saw the Reds win Monday night. Visited Flightline at Lane’s End on Tuesday. Going back to Keeneland for opening day tomorrow.

- Visiting horse farms in Bluegrass country is a really cool, affordable event if you’re into those sorts of things. Beautiful scenery. Small groups. You see the superstars. Not as hectic or “commercialized” as a bourbon tour either. I can’t recommend it enough.

- I don’t trust people who say “munster” instead of “monster.” Always thought those people were a little off.

- Give me Family Circus over Ziggy by a small margin. Also “Nancy” was always underrated. She was always fighting for attention with Beetle Bailey.

- So Applebees is just going the Kohl’s route and try to give away as much food as they can as long as you walk in their door. Seems like it’s coming down to them and Chili’s for the box-chain restaurant last man standing contest.

- What are y’all even wearing tomorrow?!?!

I'll just look at the roster on October 15th and cheer for those guys, I guess.
Honestly that’s where I’ve been. Its sad- I want to get excited about next year’s team NOW, but you literally have no real grasp on who’s coming/going, who will actually play, etc.

Spend October to December learning names and numbers, December to maybe February figuring out the roles, and then hope March works out.

^ this is the fan experience as well as the coach’s experience I think

Louisville just lost their only good player. El Ellis in the portal. They need to bring in at least two star players to even think about going .500 or better at this point. I don't think it's happening. Less than ten wins is on the table again.

Reactions: Col. Angus
1674076215109.jpeg

Louisville just lost their only good player. El Ellis in the portal. They need to bring in at least two star players to even think about going .500 or better at this point. I don't think it's happening. Less than ten wins is on the table again.
Per them they are better off with out him. Top 5 recruiting class coming in. SKYYYYYY

Per them they are better off with out him. Top 5 recruiting class coming in. SKYYYYYY
I saw one say "He probably didn't want to come off the bench."

You might say I shouldn't worry about little brother, don't punch down, etc, but Louisville basketball is a much greater consistent source of joy for me than Kentucky basketball. I'm gonna love who loves me.

It's amazing that UofL could quadruple their amount of wins from 2023 to 2024 and STILL not have a winning season.

My nephew, senior editor of Golf Digest covering the Masters, bumps into Mike Eaves (fraternity brother) and start chopping it up about me…

This is the closest I’ll get to Augusta National.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Hit up the Midwest this week. Saw a gal pal in STL and one in Bloomington. Good times.

The cards stadium is legit. But still, touch them, pretended to be bummed about them losing but i was definitely not.

Talking to a bunch of people from south Illinois and 99.9% hadn’t been to Chicago. Wtf? I guess when STL is so close they don’t think about it.

Brent Chrysler tonight, bunch of Etown boys heading up, I’ll be Ubering there and back, no point and worrying about parking.

-if we're honest, it's always been a niche sport*. TV numbers and dollars have always been significantly less than cfb/pro football and other sports.

^outside of the urban northeast, KY, Kansas, Indiana and NC college basketball is/has been something to occupy time between bowls and spring practice.

*not that there is anything wrong with that.

Jaden Bradley leaving Alabama. That’s 4/5 starters this year gone.

Guess we will see what Oats is made of next season!

• Wow
Reactions: jayroon
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT