ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remembered the game last night but didn’t watch it anyway. Quite the clunker for Nantz to go out on, though he did get a buzzer beater in that semi.

Shit gets real for the baseball team next week. At UL then LSU on the weekend.

I quit smoking (cigarettes ) about ten years ago. The morning coffee without a couple heaters is still the toughest to get over for me.

My wife still can't believe this is one and the same.
1200x0.jpg

Reactions: pretzel__logic
Some of you idiots actually defended this s***.

General Conference weekend! The 193rd Annual Conference to be more precise. We need this at this time. We wish Ruby T were here with us. Many moons ago, the dream of King Nebuchadnezzar was revealed to the Prophet Daniel. In it, the king saw a great image, a stone cut from the mountain without hands destroyed the image, and the stone grew and filled the whole earth. Daniel interpreted that dream for the king as a future event: “And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people . . . and it shall stand for ever.” The words of life, contained in Holy Writ, as well as the words of living prophets, and the teachings confirmed and given through the Lord’s Holy Spirit, are the words that strengthen us, for all of these words teach of Christ, who is the Great Mediator of all humankind. We know that our sweet angel, Ruby T, is safe and happy, despite the immense pain and emptiness that seeks to consume us. We will continue to fight “against the dying of the light.” We will continue to have faith. We will continue to keep the covenants we have made individually and as a family effectuated through the restored Priesthood of the Great High Priest. We know that all truth is of God. We seek to apply the truth and light that have been bestowed upon us and await further light and knowledge that surely the Lord has promised to those who seek to follow the path trod by the Man of Galilee. The prophesy foretold by Daniel is established this day on the earth and that kingdom will never be destroyed. In other words: “The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.”
Joseph Smith Jr. @russellmnelson

#thechurchofjesuschristoflatterdaysaints #love #noregrets #peace
#peaceispossible

Reactions: 80 Proof
My birthday is coming up this weekend and I’m at the point in life that I have spent the past year thinking I was already the age that I’m turning on Saturday.

Holy shit, mines on Monday and had the same thing happen to me. In an effort to combat this mind plague, I'm taking my son to Carowinds to celebrate. It'll be his first time riding big coasters. Gonna be a blast.

Happy early birthday UCL.

I always thought it was "mudded" as well, but a quick Google search corrected my thinking. Either way, if a chick gets mutted or mudded, you can only assume both recipient and giver(s) enjoyed themselves immensely.

Reactions: 80 Proof
We did the classic Indy/Gatlinburg double header this weekend. Indy for my 11yo baseball tourney, then gatlinburg for a quick spring break getaway. I’ve made my point about gatlinburg in the past, so I won’t rehash it. But I will say this: it is absolutely NOT for the poors. You can’t do anything down there but spend money. Family of 5 (plus a toddler) $200 for the aquarium, $100 for pancakes, $300 for the Dixie stampede, $140 for the skylift, $300/night cabin. Even McDonald’s was double for my iced coffee in the morning. It’s gotten outrageous. But the smiles on the kids faces are #whywedothis

- My assistant took off this week so kids didn’t get a “spring break vacation” so I could work and keep things together.

What a mess I’ve made of things. Say what you want but a good inside sales person/assistant is crucial to any sales job.

- Spring break to do’s start tonight. Super Mario Bros at The Escape. Never been there but have been told it’s better than most theatre’s.

Tomorrow Escape Room down at 4th street and then from there we’ll piece together the zoo and/or aquarium in Newport. May even possibly catch a river bats baseball game or Lou City Soccer if that’s in town.

Good enough

- Interest rates up yet? Good night things are picking up regardless.

- Masters on Easter is going to be fantastic. Kids out searching for eggs, ladies inside gossiping about who knows what, fellas on the back deck watching golf and shooting the shit.

- Really need a new/different beach destination. I love St Augustine/Crescent Beach in Florida, but after last years stolen car mess I just want to see something else.

- Lebron publicly stating his OT minutes last night didn’t help his “load management”. JFC I’ve never disliked a mega superstar so much in my life.

- With UConn winning it, and Pitino going back to the Big East I sure feel a shift back to that league being atop college basketball wouldn’t be a bad thing. Especially since UL went straight to the cellar of the ACC.

At Disney… good lord there are some bad tattoos here.
I’m in a 140 minute standby line for Slinky Dog Dash behind an overweight 50-year old mom in biker shorts who has an ornate tat on the back of her arm of a skull with a bouquet of flowers growing out of the top of it.

On the plus side my son is wearing a shirt that says “Great White” which I think you all would appreciate.

Meh, Pitino can't have much time left. Though he did sell his soul, so he could live forever.
UCONN looking at Big 12, gives them 4 teams east of Mississippi.
Lot of rumors of additions, SD St, Boise, Colorado, etc.
The Pac-12 will see itself out.

UCONN looking at Big 12, gives them 4 teams east of Mississippi
Every other sport: “Let’s have regional conferences so that natural rivalries occur, thereby increasing popularity in our sport and also improving the travel experience of our players.”

College Sports: “Let’s break up regional rivalries to sell more underperforming conference TV packages even though it seems to decrease interest in our sport. Also, even though the universities we represent have been touting a commitment to fighting climate change, we’re gonna have our student athletes fly up to 6 hours each way to play conference games.

I don’t think UKO was a current basketball type of player but the roster building is something else

So at the moment we are preseason #1 with a roster of

DJ Wagner
Rob Dillingham(ineligible probably)
Reed Sheperd
Justin Edwards
Aaron Bradshaw

That’s the team right? With a few walk ons I don’t know.

Got it!

The media is such scum! Why bother with a ranking until teams are sorted out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Mehico
So at the moment we are preseason #1 with a roster of

DJ Wagner
Rob Dillingham(ineligible probably)
Reed Sheperd
Justin Edwards
Aaron Bradshaw

That’s the team right? With a few walk ins I don’t know.

Got it!

The media is such scum! Why bother with a ranking until teams are sorted out.
If that’s the team Cal should be tarred and feathered (since we can’t fire him).

Reactions: roguemocha
Heading back to Lex from STL. Had fun but time to get home to the dog.

I love recreational marijuana states as you can stop off on an exit and get gas, sit down restaurant tacos and weed. Novel idea.

Stupid part is you can only get 15g being out of state. Sell me your product, I will give you money. Doesn’t make sense.

I hate this on a large scale, b/c players clearly hate playing here...and once again, we let a kid come here early to sit and use the program, while contributing nothing.

...but aside from Dickinson, I'd be pretty damn thrilled with Bradshaw, Ware, and some type of stretch 4/5 from the portal. We don't need 6 goddam centers, or even 3. Being FORCED to play a modern style without some lug camping out in the lane or 'twin tower' temptations would be quite refreshing.

Livingston announcing a transfer will be the icing. Dude started most of the season, despite not deserving to, and played on the wing as his CAMP wants...yet from all indications, he's still gonna bounce. Lmao.

I don’t know Wayne. Honestly whatever has plagued the last 2 teams of entitlement or whatever it’s called, I’ll be happy to see it gone and DJ Wagner raising the expectations of his team mates to demand more.

Edit: I forgot Ware is still around. I like that.

Reactions: WayneDougan
This roster needs fewer bigs. In fact, the previous roster needed fewer bigs which made the late addition of Ugo so inexplicable.

EDIT: If we also end up losing Oscar and Collins, there's do doubt that another big man will be needed. I'd just like to have one who isn't an offensive disaster.

Last edited:
Hey idiots, we aren't gonna enter next season with 5 players (freshman). Keep this in GYERO.

Probably get roasted here, but the way players are leaving everywhere every season now for numerous reasons I just don’t see the type of kids that will come here to sit behind Wagner, Edwards and Bradshaw.

I’ll be a huge fan of anyone that comes here knowing the bulk of minutes are distributed though, and I’m wildly curious who we can bring in.

I have a lot of hope Reeves gets feed back from the NBA and comes back.

A starting five of:

Wagner, Reeves, Edwards, Bradshaw, Ware

And like I’ve already said, this wildcat fan will be on cloud 9 come Novemeber.

Add Reeves, Theiro, CJ and one of Oscar/Dickinson to that list of 5 freshman and we will be good.

Then maybe try and add the stretch 4 from Harvard that Cal already spoke to and Abmas from Oral Roberts, whom Cal tried and get last season, and we will actually have the #1 team, on paper at least, and the possibility to be great.

Big ol IF.

Reactions: jayroon
We did the classic Indy/Gatlinburg double header this weekend. Indy for my 11yo baseball tourney, then gatlinburg for a quick spring break getaway. I’ve made my point about gatlinburg in the past, so I won’t rehash it. But I will say this: it is absolutely NOT for the poors. You can’t do anything down there but spend money. Family of 5 (plus a toddler) $200 for the aquarium, $100 for pancakes, $300 for the Dixie stampede, $140 for the skylift, $300/night cabin. Even McDonald’s was double for my iced coffee in the morning. It’s gotten outrageous. But the smiles on the kids faces are #whywedothis
Did you at least hit Papa John’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT