ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBN already filling the role of villain in this narrative. Bullshit. The divide is going to continue.
That little kid was going to bounce for getting benched even if all of Rupp Arena showed up wearing "We Want Wheeler" shirts for the rest of the season.

Turning the end of his time at UK into a bullshit version of UK fans turning on a player is another example of the media taking the most dramatic version of a story and inflating into being the ONLY version of the story.

Do we have someone spending $800k a year in NIL money like Diaz is at Miami? On one player? He's spending over a million a year on just hoops. Can he write that off?
Times have changed. Mike Repole, NY horseman/energy billionaire, announced he is getting into the NIL game for ST Johns.
Seems real easy if you have a dedicated money stream to become competitive. Will the novelty wear off for these guys or will they encourage others to step up?
Recruiting has never been easier if you have the cash.

Do we have someone spending $800k a year in NIL money like Diaz is at Miami? On one player? He's spending over a million a year on just hoops. Can he write that off?
Times have changed. Mike Repole, NY horseman/energy billionaire, announced he is getting into the NIL game for ST Johns.
Seems real easy if you have a dedicated money stream to become competitive. Will the novelty wear off for these guys or will they encourage others to step up?

On the flip side, it’s a terrible waste of money for any responsible business owner too.

It has got to work for everyone, but fools get separated from their money everyday too!

Good christ, made that GD 10 Center post in jest before going to HOB.

And of course, "Keep an Eye On"

Pretty incredible how dismal Wheeler was this year.

I mean in 2021-2022, he certainly wasn’t the answer but he had some brilliant play - namely slicing Carolina up for 30.

He was awful this year then quit.

Last edited:
I understand that, but when all benefits go to the school on the money you spend on NIL, even those wanting the vanity of it will go away if their tastes for success isn’t satisfied.

In Diaz case, this is year will allow him to spend more.

For St Johns I’d bet that goes well too, just a hunch.

Neither are UK which is already, for lack of a better term, raping it’s fans for as much as they can with little reward.

Good luck finding a Craft willing to toss money around like a Ja Morant in a strip club!

At Miami it's John Ruiz, not Diaz. I thought he was just a PI lawyer and had been to his office years ago. But evidently he's a billionaire with side businesses. I say evidently because you never know with these types around the Hurricane program. Always shady.

Reactions: krazykats

You ever heard Central Equipment Co &
TMFH?

We’ll be fine. Relax.

A great former podcaster once said that everything that has come out of Calipari's mouth this decade has bordered on intellectual dishonesty.

That great former podcaster was and is 1,000,000% correct.

Reactions: UKMKG
Contracts would solve 75% of this but many of you two-bit intellectuals just said "no" to that idea.
You are so dense. Players have freedom now and are being offered money. They won’t go backwards from here and don’t need a union to represent them to avoid such a stupid sounding idea.

• Haha
Reactions: WayneDougan
There are people (seemingly young UK fans) that have been caping up for Sahvir on Twitter. They already hate the fanbase and think ol’ Sahvy has been done wrong by the fans.

So here we are. Class warfare amongst the BBN with a 22 year old quitter as the catalyst. THIS is the new Kentucky Basketball!
Cal’s tweet had more people talking about people being vile in the comments than people being vile in the comments.

Streisand effect and such.

You are so dense. Players have freedom now and are being offered money. They won’t go backwards from here and don’t need a union to represent them to avoid such a stupid sounding idea.

This is what I'm talking about when I say "two-bit intellectual". Your brain is all saw dust and sour mash. A shitty product reduces the popularity of the game - meaning less money for the players. Further, these guys are already signing contracts in some form in regards to NIL. But I guarantee they aren't multi-year and have out clauses for the sponsoring company. A structured contract between the school and the player (involving financial terms) would be in everyone's interest. And as for freedom, again, the player could choose to sign a one-year deal.

That's the hierarchy.

1. Cal
2. Me
3. The team (maybe)
I noticed that too and I wonder if Cal has already told these guys how mean we all have been to him and the team this year and that it's them against the world. I truly believe Cal actively despises us. It's a cult of personality here at the moment and in that type of dynamic anyone who's not a true believer is an enemy.

This is what I'm talking about when I say "two-bit intellectual". Your brain is all saw dust and sour mash. A shitty product reduces the popularity of the game - meaning less money for the players. Further, these guys are already signing contracts in some form in regards to NIL. But I guarantee they aren't multi-year and have out clauses for the sponsoring company. A structured contract between the school and the player (involving financial terms) would be in everyone's interest. And as for freedom, again, the player could choose to sign a one-year deal.
The only way you can do this legally is if you make them “employees” which brings about a ton of other legal issues (workers comp, healthcare issues, Unionization rights) that schools have zero interest in doing without congressional oversight

Ultimately nothing will change without federal legislation bc it can’t.

Caleb Love transferring.

200.gif

Exactly!

Wayne in here acting like a typical corporate exec who makes decisions that people it will affect roll their eyes at because how it sounds is not how it plays out.

I promise the practicality of what you’re stating is even dumber than your defense of it.

• Sad
Reactions: WayneDougan
The only way you can do this legally is if you make them “employees” which brings about a ton of other legal issues (workers comp, healthcare issues, Unionization rights) that schools have zero interest in doing without congressional oversight

Ultimately nothing will change without federal legislation bc it can’t.
I think ultimately a few major reasons college athletes wouldnt realistically want any part of being an employee is bc employees can have actual consequences and accountability, as well as their scholarships becoming taxable income at that point.

I believe in the current legal action on this against the NCAA- the NCAA is actually citing case law from a case determining if prisoners are actually employees of the prison- which is interesting.

-I just heard on a podcast that Morgan Wallen has 36 of the Billboard Top 50 songs 😂 that’s pretty wild.

Trying to verify, I went to Billboard’s website and it’s a pay for site only now…lol at anyone that pays for that.

-Changing your own oil is a waste of time as we’ve most all established, what isn’t though is changing head lights and taillights. Cheap, super easy and takes about 5 minutes tops on my vehicle at least.

-Wilbon has let Stephen A rub off on him too much, officially angry old yell til he’s red in the face personality. Hate it.

Cowherd>>PTI for me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT