ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giants only gave Jones 2-years guaranteed. So it’s not like they backed up the Brinks truck. They can, and may, pull out if he proves shitty (again).

To Jones defense, they have had arguably the worst coaches, OLine and WR rooms ever assembled. He looked dynamic last year just by having Saquon to hand off to.

The WRs were more injured than CJ Frederick

Reactions: jayroon
I have already completely lost faith in the whole “finding sharpshooters in the transfer portal will cure us!” mentality. It just doesn’t work. Those guys don’t work well under Cal. Just gotta hope we land 5 star McDonald’s all Americans with a little bit of dog in them and hope they can shoot 35% in the one year they’re on campus.

Last edited:
Not entirely. We just need THREE of them, instead of all the pressure being on a single guy to carry us from deep every year + other respectable shooters on the goddam floor when they play to actually allow us to GET SHOTS and not be able to key in on the 1 we typically have out there.

Grady & Reeves were both as advertised overall at 40%. Mintz was a very valuable, albeit streaky player. CJ was injured the entire time, so that's whatever.

So 3 of 4 have been pretty damn solid. Maybe add 3 in a single year, vs 1, so when we have an injury or shit game from our lone shooter, which tends to happen, perhaps we aren't a lost cause outside the paint.

(this will never happen, obvs)

Last edited:
Rack. The biggest issue by far is opposing coaches knew they only had one, maybe 1.5, dudes to worry about guarding outside 15 feet. We had to be the easiest team to gameplan for after CJ became compromised.

The portal strategy should be to load up on as many capable guards as possible. Sick and tired of having 3 true guards on the roster while a bunch of forwards just take up space on the bench (or worse, the court).

The last time I thought we were good we had two NBA guards on our team (Maxey and Quickley). Unless we have that we're going to struggle. Much more important than just a sharpshooter imo (although Quickley was clearly a sharpshooter).

Was worried when I saw “Zach Edey is in the transfer portal” because hooo boy can you imagine but thankfully that was a Twitter rumor

I know making promises to kids has been happening since recruiting was a thing but I'm really noticing an undercurrent in some of these offseason reports regarding the promises Cal seems to be making to kids/camps in regards to position:

*Livingston's camp didn't see him as a 4.
*Collins never wanted to play the 5.
*Bradshaw wants to be a 3/4 at 7ft => Probably where Cal's comments about playing multiple 7 footers came in.

Talk about hamstringing your lineup versatility.

Hence to the idea Cal is a used car salesman!

Can’t imagine mustering up enough ability to lie to a kid to straight face tell a 7 foot 18YO, hell yea I see as a 3 man and we’ll play you there!

That said, if I was Collins I wouldn’t be going anywhere if I heard that was the plan and I’d be starting at the 4.

No, I understand the real world just fine. The fact of the matter is dolts like yourself won't accept that the detriment of society the last number of years is a direct result of the anything goes/anything is accepted viewpoints. You're out of your league, but keep being you....it's amusing.

I hope you have a trans grandchild

Matt Jones, just so you know - I'm giving those tickets up this year so you can go to The Masters.

You're welcome.

You’d have a hard time convincing me we don’t need a 5 and let these FR start.

Wagner
Sheperd
Edwards
Bradshaw
Any 5

Any bench combo

And I’m plenty confident we get back to what UK basketball is. If somehow Reeves stayed and Sheperd came off the bench that would be huge.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT