ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami is tough but it’s UCONN’s to lose now. Based on their history it’s going to be #5 very soon.

They'll still take a rash over it, but that's a good point. Does anyone think that would have worked out, long term?

I'd resigned myself to UCONN winning another one, but...
Miami plays with their hair on fire, I'm not sure UCONN can beat them. You wanna talk about "dudes", Miami is a bad motherf*kjer

Good god, I’m going up to CT for Easter which the the wk after the F4. There is one cousin who will get mouthy and talk all kinds of shit the whole family dinner.

What’s the proper way to handle?

Remind him of the fact that they go by UCONN because very few of their fans can actually SPELL Connecticut...

or...

Find it on a map.

To reiterate PTI's sentiment: This bracket opened up perfectly for us. Years from now, we'll look back on this as an epic wasted opportunity to hang another. LOL

SIAP: Only two times has a 16 seed beaten a 1 seed (in the first round, obvs.). In both cases, the 2nd seed in that region went on to lose in the 2nd round. In both cases, Kentucky was in that region. In both cases, Kentucky played Kansas State. In both cases, Kansas State won. In both cases, Kansas State then lost in the elite eight to a total Cinderella.

Last edited:
4-5-5-9 seeds

On the surface it looks like mayhem. But San Diego State was a good team all year - 31 wins now - and should have been seeded better than 5. Florida Atlantic had about the best record in the country and is legit. They were criminally underseeded as well. UConn had a midseason lull but otherwise was a solid top 10 team most of the year. And Miami won the ACC.

29 wins, 29 wins, 31 wins, and 35 wins for the Final Four teams. No slouches. If anything, it shows that a couple of them should have been seeded much higher.

Last edited:
No McD's All Americans in the Final Four.

Who is the highest rated recruit still playing? I see Donovan Clingan of UConn ranked #39 in 2022, and Harlond Beverly of Miami ranked #42 in 2019. Am I missing any?

I'm sure most of you all have seen this before, but this background of Calipari and Pitino's history and beef with each other is really well done and pretty fascinating. And the story of Cal *reportedly* telling a recruit not to go to St. John's because the coach was dying of cancer, when the guy wasn't even sick, will always crack me up.

Reactions: jayroon
The guy pushed him in the hip while he was in the air shooting. Definitely a foul. Definitely effected the shot. He might have missed it anyway. Doesn’t matter.

In real time, there was no perfect viewpoint (especially from the ref that called it) to say that was a foul. NO ONE could see it was until the replays.

In real time, there was no perfect viewpoint (especially from the ref that called it) to say that was a foul. NO ONE could see it was until the replays.
I saw it immediately in real time. Granted it was from the camera angle.

How are you able to know what a referee sees?

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT