ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Lol, we'll hopefully return Livingston, Adou and Ugo. That's like 10% of our offensive production. Yet we're a 1 seed. K. We haven't been a 1 in 8 years, maybe time to stop penciling us into that spot.

-Transfer portal looks to be insane this year. Geez.

-Love the reports our new offense is getting from Spring Practice.

-You can skip the Basil Haden Dark Rye. Not great.

-"Mike Trout has had 3 swinging strikes in only 24 of his 6,174 career MLB at bats." Ohtani is just unreal.

-Masters should be an intersting watch. Practically all the big names at LIV have been playing like dogshit. PGA guys seem to be out for blood. If LIV has a bad Major season, and it appears that will most likely be the case, who is the first to come crawling back? I haven't seen a second of LIV since that first tourney on YT. Not one highlight other than them flying on a ridiculous jet.

-Masters should be an intersting watch. Practically all the big names at LIV have been playing like dogshit. PGA guys seem to be out for blood. If LIV has a bad Major season, and it appears that will most likely be the case, who is the first to come crawling back? I haven't seen a second of LIV since that first tourney on YT. Not one highlight other than them flying on a ridiculous jet.
Depends on length of contracts. Some were two years, some longer. Then, you have a waiting period, I believe, to get back into PGA. So, maybe Euro Tour will be option for some.

Can you imagine having the best hitter and possibly pitcher in both of their primes, and still have a terrible baseball team?

And then to know you have an LA budget and limitless dollars to get talent, but you still suck!

I’d take a Dean Smith level production right now. He may have squandered elite talent in terms of “only” winning 2 titles but at least he employed an entertaining style of basketball down the stretch of his career (once the shot clock was instituted) and went to ELEVEN Final Fours and always seemed to have Carolina in the hunt.

Re: Boston- my better half took a temporary position at her pharma company's HQ which is in Boston. So she'll basically be commuting up there and back a few days at a time from May-August. Some decent perks as they'll pay for me to go up a few times, and we'll spend our own dime to spend a couple of other weekends going up and down the coast. I'm not sure if this is a precursor to them wanting her to move up there full time, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

We already spend a fair bit of time up there, my sister and niece are in a little NH beach town an hour north of Boston- but I don't see, short of it being some kind of unlikely life-changing money, that she'd want to leave home again. Her accent is way too southern and she doesnt like snow. I'm up for whatever- too hot down here for my liking anyway.

I've been solo parenting all week, beginning the same day that demo started on a master bathroom. It's going about as smooth as you'd imagine with a 14 month old. My daughter currently opposes anymore clothing than a diaper. In 3 days she's gotten hold of a nutella jar which paired well with the white couch, toss and turned so much in her crib that her diaper came off before peeing all over everything, and poured most of a green squeezer pouch all over her head and face in the 30 seconds in took me to open the door and grab an amazon package off the porch. We both wouldve loved to have another kid or two if we were fortunate enough to get started much earlier- but I dont know how you all with large families do it. Gives me anxiety to think about another one running rampant.

I assume, per usual, that we'll have at least one additional player leave that we thought would stay, and one transfer that wouldve been a solid player next season.

I'm riding with Houston. Thats who I *need* to cut these nets down.

^Probably the replacement for Kriisa at Arizona.

- I'm not saying he made a mistake by going to GU, but man...Cooley is gonna feel it for the rest of his life every time he goes back to Providence. Those people are SCORNED. It'll make Beard's first visit to Lubbock look like a triumphant return.

- Have to go to downtown Louisville tonight for an event at the Galt House. Probably won't be any traffic issues at all, what with the NCAA Regional occurring simultaneously right down the street.

- That "Southern Hoops" documentary was riveting. Who cares about womens basketballsucka, but that Pat Summit segment about her final years struck a nerve. Dementia is the absolute worst.

- Thought that big 6-9 kid from Wyoming might be a good portal addition until I saw that he wants to go to a place that will help him develop his post game. NOPE.

- Rick's gonna mess around and get Ian Jackson to flip, then add Boogie Fland and the Carbuccia kid from the '25 class. He's a MAN POSSESSED.

- I don't trust anyone who chooses Miracle Whip over Duke's.

Turns out you need more than 2 players to have a great major league baseball team. Who knew?
They currently have a 200M payroll which is the 5th highest payroll in baseball.

Pretty sure that should pay for enough players to make them “great”, but I bet those two stars just wish they were good!

The Angels spent a quarter billion dollars on Anthony Rendon and he barely even played last year. Mike Trout was great as always, but he missed 40 games and has continued injury concerns.

Just because you spend a boatload of $$$$ on a baseball player doesn't mean he's going to be great.

Really enjoying the weather right now. Nice little combo of BONE CHILLING COLD and sunny and mild all in a 12 hour span. My allergies have gone bonkers. Basically drinking an entire bottle of hot sauce w Wendy’s chilli just to try and clear my head up.

Baseball season officially kicked off this week. Hoping for some decent weather this weekend but looking like damp, muddy and cool.

What a bullshit start to spring. I hate this state.

I’m definitely all-in on Houston. Love to see my boy kelvin get some redemption.

My toddler is obsessed w Sing 2. I’d never seen this movie as of last Friday. It is now the film I’ve seen the most. Really good kids movie, tbh. Definitely in the top 5 (animated) for me:
1. Toy Story
2. Up
3. Despicable Me
4. Sing 2
5. Coco

Clark - I absolutely love those little apple sauce pouches. We get them for the baby but I bet I’ll eat 2-3 at a time. Nice little sugary pick me up. They should make bigger ones w some alcyhol imo (maybe they do??) Cricket? Seems like something you would know

If Texas loses this weekend you think we start hearing some Cal to Texas rumors fire back up? Kinda wish pitino had waited a lil bit- I know Mitch would never, but can you imagine if there was some pitino back to Kentucky buzz by the bbn for a few weeks? The internet would break. Oh well. Looks like a nice class Cal has coming in next year!

I am sitting in my office chair (Herman Miller Aeron)… looking down at a wet Madison Square Garden from 30th street. Completely pissed. Again. Joy stolen, continually..

My Atlanta CFO Is in town to take me to drinks tonight No doubt I will run into filthy Vol fans as an electric reminder of how bad Cal sucks. Hope I keep it together as I throw down top shelf brown water.

My kid who is on 2 separate competitive academic scholarships is currently bombing a 4 hour Calc 2 class which may impact his full-time status if he fails. Apparently, his prof is a newbie turd that is failing 3/4 of the class. Kinda sucks that this dude can financially scuttle a family by being an incompetent douchebag. Normally, I side with the teacher in such instances, but my son has straight A’s in Chemistry,, so he has some cred.

Coming down to Lex next week for his initiation. Surprise.

Went to a networking event on Tuesday. Buckle up, y’all. We are in for a monster market correction. Big time developers are folding tent after the bank crisis. No where to park money or get it.. yay! NY Government stopped 421a tax incentives for affordable housing to punish evil developers who make too much money. Now with banks in the shitter, nowhere to get loans from the banks… and none of the tenants have been paying rent during and after Covid, because of a non-eviction edict from Albany. Perfect storm.

Love this tune from this random mountain ginger.

What the Angels have failed to do is develop any talent for years. Really mind boggling how they could be this bad.

Speaking of Trout, of course he's a great player and all....BUT I've seen him in person 4-5 times including the games on Saturday and Tuesday in the WBC. I've also watched him on TV or course, although not that much since his team has always sucked. My point is this - I don't believe I've ever seen him do anything of note at the plate. You would think that a player regarded as one of the best of all time and best of his generation would produce more noteworthy plate appearances.

Re: Boston- my better half took a temporary position at her pharma company's HQ which is in Boston. So she'll basically be commuting up there and back a few days at a time from May-August. Some decent perks as they'll pay for me to go up a few times, and we'll spend our own dime to spend a couple of other weekends going up and down the coast. I'm not sure if this is a precursor to them wanting her to move up there full time, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

We already spend a fair bit of time up there, my sister and niece are in a little NH beach town an hour north of Boston- but I don't see, short of it being some kind of unlikely life-changing money, that she'd want to leave home again. Her accent is way too southern and she doesnt like snow. I'm up for whatever- too hot down here for my liking anyway.

I've been solo parenting all week, beginning the same day that demo started on a master bathroom. It's going about as smooth as you'd imagine with a 14 month old. My daughter currently opposes anymore clothing than a diaper. In 3 days she's gotten hold of a nutella jar which paired well with the white couch, toss and turned so much in her crib that her diaper came off before peeing all over everything, and poured most of a green squeezer pouch all over her head and face in the 30 seconds in took me to open the door and grab an amazon package off the porch. We both wouldve loved to have another kid or two if we were fortunate enough to get started much earlier- but I dont know how you all with large families do it. Gives me anxiety to think about another one running rampant.

I assume, per usual, that we'll have at least one additional player leave that we thought would stay, and one transfer that wouldve been a solid player next season.

I'm riding with Houston. Thats who I *need* to cut these nets down.

Been there, done that. Good times!!!!

With the Big East rebounding from the football exodus and being as good as it has been the last 7 years there’s really a Power 6 in college hoops. I mean the Big East was better than the ACC this year and is always better than the wack ass Pac 12.

It’d be really fun to attend a Big East tourney in MSG, especially with Pitino back in the mix at St John’s. Not that I want to experience Northeastern college bball fan on a regular basis but in that venue and in that environment it would fun as shit to take in once.

Big East tourney is to NYC what SEC is to Nashville.

Word on the street is Mrs Cooley forced the move for "family" reasons".

Trout has no memorable at-bats because he has no meaningful at-bats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT