ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
That really sucks and no spring game either.

At least it appears Ming and the boys are dialed in this year. I just want to grab onto something positive.

How’s the rifle team looking?

We’re really gonna miss the 15 snaps Vito could’ve given us this year between the real injury, the “injuries” that were suspensions, and the ejections due to targeting.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
It’s obvious Pitino hates UK. I think we’d all love for him to come back to be honored but I don’t think he ever will.

He didn’t even record a message for the reunion. Only thing that brought him back was Keightley’s funeral.

I’m sure his ego is high again now that he has another major job. He showed some humility at Iona. That is gone now.

Reactions: Col. Angus
It’s obvious Pitino hates UK. I think we’d all love for him to come back to be honored but I don’t think he ever will.

He didn’t even record a message for the reunion. Only thing that brought him back was Keightley’s funeral.

I’m sure his ego is high again now that he has another major job. He showed some humility at Iona. That is gone now.

Or he wants Cal gone like the rest of us and is adding pressure to catch him with a fourth team himself.

It’s been hard around here lately, but think positive!

Reactions: UKMKG
You know who wouldn't have put up this s*it? Happy F***ing Chandler.
Mitch and Cal would have gotten a midnight visit, and the next day announced they were moving on.

You don't say no to someone that looks like this.

ABChandler.jpg

Last edited:
Cal's first year at UK, I was back in KY and went to a game. Stayed afterward to sit in the small gathering of the crowd to listen to Cal's postgame.

I think it was Pratt who asked Cal to explain to the fans the dribble drive motion offense. Cal's response was something like "Oh, it's way too complicated for these people to understand. I could never explain it well enough for them to get it."

I sat there thinking, I did multi-dimensional discrete time Fourier transforms in grad school, and my brother studied quantum mechanics. But we wouldn't be able to understand the offense?

It was right around that time that a big article on Cal came out in the national media - was it Sports Illustrated or ESPN? - where Cal said he learned the dribble drive offense on a napkin at dinner one night.

I knew then and there that he was totally full of shit.

Last edited:
OK, so I'll get it going today. My wife and I are thinking about a spontaneous Spring Break trip to Savannah and then over to Charleston. We're looking at places to stay and things to see as we've never been (I went to Kiawah once with a friend when I was 18, but I wasn't in charge of anything.).

OK you low country exerts, let's have it.

Reactions: grantbob and wcc31
OK, so I'll get it going today. My wife and I are thinking about a spontaneous Spring Break trip to Savannah and then over to Charleston. We're looking at places to stay and things to see as we've never been (I went to Kiawah once with a friend when I was 18, but I wasn't in charge of anything.).

You could stay a week on Kiawah. Have day trips to Savannah and Charleston. Im heading to Kiawah in June myself.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit

No expert, but us and the kids had more fun than I expected doing a crabbing excursion on the May River in Bluffton.

Took the crabs we caught to Hudson's Seafood House in Hilton Head and they cooked them up for us. Was cool eating on the back deck of the restaurant and watching the fishing and crab boats pull in to drop off freshly caught seafood right off the boat.

Kind of in between Savannah and Charleston, but was a pretty fun, memorable day.

HHI has better options than Kiawah for accommodations, eats, things to do, etc...without losing it's low country feel. It is only 45 minutes from Savannah for a good day trip.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Surprisingly, our shit season and expected early loss hasn’t totally killed my interest in the tournament. Looking forward to the weekend.

Helps Carolina, Duke, Louisville, Indiana and Kansas are out. Just need UCLA ousted and I’ll be fairly comfortable - Tennessee and Bama next.

This got me wondering just how bad our primary shooters drop off in the NCAA-T vs their average:
  1. Lamb: 55.6% (+8.1% vs. average) in 11 games
  2. Grady: 14.2% (-27.3% vs. average) in 1 game
  3. Booker: 26.7% (-14.4% vs. average) in 5 games
  4. Murray: 18.8% (-22.0% vs. average) in 2 games
  5. Reeves: 31.5% (-8.3% vs. average) in 2 games
This turned out even worse that I thought...

And I nearly forgot that Murray went 1-9 against IU in 2016. Hard to believe Reeves just surpassed that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT