ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there for this and had it occurred about 30 minutes later, there would have been a bunch of dead high schoolers. I *GET* rolling eyes about tornado worries but I also understand the precaution from school officials.

Just to play devils advocate couldn’t you say well if it rolled through a neighborhood where everyone had gone home from work and school there would’ve been less dead had they stayed at work and school?

Like I said, most of those places are built out of concrete.

-We're moving into "sleepover" age with the quickness. Such a conundrum. As a kid, it's literally the best times of my childhood. Not even close. But, man, having several boys running around like banshees until 3a is just going to be a sumbitch. Vets, please advise.
I’m not a vet but a basement is crucial if you’re going to be “that house.” Every multi kid sleepover house I went to we always stayed in the basement. Otherwise it was a 1 or 2 kid at a time thing.

When we eventually move a finished basement will be high on the list to host stuff like that.

We just got hit with a confirmed tornado. Had 70-80 mph winds after getting the boat loaded that was unnerving. Pushed the envelope a bit too much today.

Rogue, no closing here yet we just got hit. Hopefully no schools or kids were damaged or hurt. Being cautious is nothing to mock.
Yeah, we apparently got some roof damage in Evansville.

Reactions: btodd0224
We just got hit with a confirmed tornado. Had 70-80 mph winds after getting the boat loaded that was unnerving. Pushed the envelope a bit too much today.

Rogue, no closing here yet we just got hit. Hopefully no schools or kids were damaged or hurt. Being cautious is nothing to mock.

You got room in the boat to take Rogue fishing today? I'll pay for the gas.

Just to play devils advocate couldn’t you say well if it rolled through a neighborhood where everyone had gone home from work and school there would’ve been less dead had they stayed at work and school?

Like I said, most of those places are built out of concrete.
Hey dipshit. Check out the first photo in the GD article. It shows multiple collapsed classrooms in a (wait for it) masonry building.

Had the tornado occurred at 8 am rather than 7:30 am, those classrooms would have been filled with school kids and pre-COVID lunatic teachers (so worth saving, imo).

STFU.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
You got room in the boat to take Rogue fishing today? I'll pay for the gas.
“I am the storm.”

I didn’t click the article and I said devils advocate, if you know what that means, you’ll understand that as a “what if” not an I think this should’ve happened instead.

Also, the principal ordered kids to stay on the buses which saved many lives.

The issue isn’t whether the kids are in a building when a tornado hits, it’s if they are on a bus or waiting on a bus or walking to or from school. Last time I checked tornados don’t send you an outlook invite with a date and time if their arrival, so playing it safe is the way to go.

Also, people seem to think that kids today are the ones canceling school. It’s the adults, you guys realize that, right? It’s not gen z being soft, it’s literally our generation. We’re also the ones handing out participation trophies in case you haven’t figured that out.

I know it makes me a bad parent but I can’t stand sleepovers. Those little assholes will play nerf hoop ALL night, right above my bedroom. It actually does sound like a tornado. I need a basement bad.

Well someone just tweeted out that our permanent football opponents are Mississippi State, South Carolina and Georgia. No UT is bullshit if true. I love hating and playing those losers.

• Wow
Reactions: entropy13
Hey dipshit. Check out the first photo in the GD article. It shows multiple collapsed classrooms in a (wait for it) masonry building.

Had the tornado occurred at 8 am rather than 7:30 am, those classrooms would have been filled with school kids and pre-COVID lunatic teachers (so worth saving, imo).

STFU.
So we were 30 minutes away from a lifetime of no Hank?

200w.gif

Tony Finau has elite calves, I am jealous. #FullSwing

If the tweet is true we could lose UL and UT as every year opponents which is absolute garbage.

Those are literally our two biggest rivals for like almost a century (I know we didn’t play UL for a long time but my whole life we basically have).

I mean, does anyone here seriously get up for Miss State and South Carolina (who we’ve dominated for most of the stoops era) really get up for those games?

No we get riled up and pissing vinegar for UL & UT.

The only thing we care about on sleepovers is:

1- Kitchen is closed for food at 10pm. If you didn’t know what time it is, that’s not my problem.

2- Kitchen is closed for drinks at 11pm. Again not my problem.

We don’t care how long they stay up playing Fortnite, Minecraft, Mario Cart or Call of Duty. But I don’t want to hear a single complaint when my 6YO or 3YO are ready to play and jumping all over anyone to wake up.

I won’t stop them, and again it’s not my problem so no tattle telling!

All kids must be gone by 1pm so my next day isn’t wrecked by extra kids being around causing me to not be able to do things in a fashion where I have to plan around them or their parents……..won’t be my problem. All messes are cleaned immediately after kids leave, and if my kids are smart they’ll have their friends help before they leave.

If any of these rules are broken and become my problem, no more sleepovers.

Amazingly it sounds very overbearing and authoritarian but most of the kids love our house more than theirs still which tells me what I remember about being a kid. Set boundaries and kids are usually respectful and happy to oblige………don’t set boundaries and you’ll be the only one that’s miserable frustrated for no reason really.

Hey chief don’t steal my thunder bro, I know you haven’t blocked me. I genuinely always liked you. Back in the days of urban active you were a real nice fella to be around. Also, why I never pile on you. Dude is a genuine guy.

That’s a joke just fyi.
Which part is a joke?!?!

Oh, so UKO was completely clueless and ignorant while trying to make one of his bullshit contrarian points, but instead confirming for the 1000th time he's a complete buffoon when it comes to sports inside the lines?

NO WAY!

-There are a LOT of people (and entire communities) in this state who've had their lives upended by Wind, Tornadoes, Flood in the past year after a few unprecedented weather events from which the state will be recovering from for years to come...hard for me to blame anyone for being extra cautious.

The NWS in Paducah recorded their lowest pressure in history earlier on this 2nd line coming through.

He posted KU’s 2-point FG% (which includes dunks, contested 20-footers, and everything in between) as proof that the mid range jumper is great.

You truly can’t make this stuff up. Psycho clown.

We're 30th in offensive efficiency. If you take out the scrub schools that don't really count we're 16th (e.g., leave in Gonzaga, St Mary's and Power 5 schools, take out Toledo, Detroit, etc.). What's your answer to that Mr. Sabermetrics PTI?

1- Kitchen is closed for food at 10pm. If you didn’t know what time it is, that’s not my problem.

We don’t care how long they stay up playing Fortnite, Minecraft, Mario Cart or Call of Duty. But I don’t want to hear a single complaint when my 6YO or 3YO are ready to play and jumping all over anyone to wake up.

All kids must be gone by 1pm so my next day isn’t wrecked by extra kids being around causing me to not be able to do things in a fashion where I have to plan around them or their parents……..won’t be my problem. All messes are cleaned immediately after kids leave, and if my kids are smart they’ll have their friends help before they leave.

Amazingly it sounds very overbearing and authoritarian but most of the kids love our house more than theirs still which tells me what I remember about being a kid. Set boundaries and kids are usually respectful and happy to oblige………don’t set boundaries and you’ll be the only one that’s miserable frustrated for no reason really.
1pm?!

10am is testing the limit in this household. Breakfast then it’s time to call Mom and Dad.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Just ordered the Uber which is 15 mins away, in laws just arrived, getting ready to go downtown for date night. I might as well be an 8 year old and the clock is 2PM on the last day of school. Lord get me TF out of this house and with a cocktail in my hand.
He give you an update on Wheeler’s ass?

Eh, even when the 4-6 extras leave I’m stuck with 7 so whatever, and most of the kids that come over love playing with our little kids so it’s just more “help” usually!
Yep. Back in the day, when my kids were young, GENERALLY speaking, your children having friends over (provided you have enough room in your house to separate them from you and your wife (or, if it's a nice day, a yard they can play in) provided a break. IIRC though, when it goes bad, it REALLY goes bad.

Activities that are fvcking GUARANTEED to start a fight: finger paints, crayons (if you don't have enough for everyone to have every color, and the mother of all fight starters, I mean NOTHING comes close to this. WATER BALLOONS. My ex-wife ALWAYS bought those things, and it NEVER failed to start WWIII in the backyard.

Stupid bitch.

Just ordered the Uber which is 15 mins away, in laws just arrived, getting ready to go downtown for date night. I might as well be an 8 year old and the clock is 2PM on the last day of school. Lord get me TF out of this house and with a cocktail in my hand.
Good luck navigating around the Arnold Clientele

Congrats @KingLlama on the big Kraken win in Columbus tonight. Hope you enjoyed the arena where UK lost to UAB in 2004.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy

Seems pretty spot on to me.

Always seems to be the one kid whose parents just assumed their kid was ours for the day too and they don't show up till much later. Assuming they got trashed the night before, don't care, or just shitty parents? Anyway that one isn't that kids fault but we keep that one on our mental list next time a sleepover happens as to discourage that invite. Maybe we are shitty too.

Always love the awkward conv when one of the step parents usually show up several hrs late and you see it's a divorced situation where custody etc issues and the they are talking some bs and you don't care

Reactions: krazykats
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT