ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advance notice is a good thing, I’d think.
Yeah I’m not necessarily bashing this decision too bad, compared to some things. Sure I’m surprised but if it gets as bad as they say, then good call. And obviously if it gets too bad, my kids will be glad they are home and I will be glad as well.

Advance notice is a good thing, I’d think.
Of course it is. But what LLSA fails to realize is that literally every single one of us that are in the FCPS district receives a text, phone call, AND an email letting us know. Not to mention, a lot of people here aren’t even in FCPS district.

Yet, he just thinks it’s his “civic duty” to let everyone know.

He’s just here to push his usual political bullshit.

Yeah I’m not necessarily bashing this decision too bad, compared to some things. Sure I’m surprised but if it gets as bad as they say, then good call. And obviously if it gets too bad, my kids will be glad they are home and I will be glad as well.

You will bash the decision if the weather turns out to be nothing but will be grateful if it’s bad out and your kids are at home.

You should run for school board

giphy.gif

All my clients canceled today because of the weather so I was like sweet, sleeping in today, until I get the text that no one has opened the gym.

So here I am, sitting at the front desk @5:30a on a Friday. So basically,

“F*** MY WHITE ASS” also.

Have no doubt though I will be starting the weekend at 11:30a.

Skynyrd, Otis Redding, The Okie St hoops team, Marshall football,Ron Brown, Wendell Ladner, Post Malone and Payne Stewart all died in a plane crash. Good luck Brady.

• Haha
Reactions: UK-BILL
Going to miss the old timer pilots. Captain that flew us back last week came out and shakes everyone's hand in first class, picks up the mic to tell some dad jokes then struts back up front to do what he's done for 30+ years. That type of confidence always puts me at ease. That and knowing you can't do a GD thing if that plane or pilot f-up. Have a coke and enjoy the flight!

So I turned on the TV to check out the local weather forecast and I think this is probably one of the only times I have ever watched the Lexington morning shows. Can anyone tell me why someone would watch those shows? I am not lying when I say I turned from ABC to NBC to Fox to CBS at least 25-30 times over a 15 minutes span and every channel was on a commercial break every time I flipped through except WKYT once and WLEX once. It seems like commercials were all they were showing. It's worse than watching a NASCAR race.

• Sad
Reactions: WynnDuffy
Please give us 12-13 posts on how it’s going at the airport today. Was your early morning Uber expensive? Did you get delayed? What snacks did you pick up? Did you make it to your doctor’s appt?

TIA
We’re no lounges open? Did it cause you to miss your weed doc appt? Pressing issues for sure.

So I turned on the TV to check out the local weather forecast and I think this is probably one of the only times I have ever watched the Lexington morning shows. Can anyone tell me why someone would watch those shows? I am not lying when I say I turned from ABC to NBC to Fox to CBS at least 25-30 times over a 15 minutes span and every channel was on a commercial break every time I flipped through except WKYT once and WLEX once. It seems like commercials were all they were showing. It's worse than watching a NASCAR race.

I’m literally watching one of these shows right now. The UK hockey coach is on Fox56 begging for money to get his team a plane ticket to Boston so they can play in the national tournament they qualified for by beating those fn Tar Heels on the ice. Our hockey cats have a GoFundMe somewhere. Please find it and donate so they can play ice ball.

Meanwhile our fat dumbass Coach can’t do shit with all the money in the world.

Football is almost here.

Has there been a time period that didn’t have “new pilots”? You think all of a sudden a bunch of planes are going to start crashing? You don’t think it’s mostly computer flown now? You think there are smarter people driving cars with or without a license than the worst pilot?

I will say when we took a helicopter over the Grand Canyon the pilot was definitely 10 years younger than me and I was like meh I don’t know about this.

One advantage of dying in a fiery and cataclysmic plane crash is that your estate would profit handsomely from the ensuing litigation. Wife and kids would be set up for generational wealth. Plus, you may even get a permanent memorial outside the terminal, on which Kelsey’s emotional therapy golden retriever could urinate prior to entering the security line.

The new-hire first officer on my fleet is a nightmare. It took him 50 hours to get through Initial Operating Experience. Worse yet, talking to his instructor, out of his 25 landings in the simulator, 15 ended up in the dirt. Not one of them was on the centerline of the runway. They said his radio work is like that of a private pilot. He has no situational awareness.

Some seek the glory of a fiery plane crash death. Their egos need such pomp and circumstance. The simple man will carry an oversized laundry basket down rickety basement stairs one day against his beloved wife's constant warnings.
A true GYEROMAN death.

Going to miss the old timer pilots. Captain that flew us back last week came out and shakes everyone's hand in first class, picks up the mic to tell some dad jokes then struts back up front to do what he's done for 30+ years. That type of confidence always puts me at ease. That and knowing you can't do a GD thing if that plane or pilot f-up. Have a coke and enjoy the flight!
I was told years ago the perfect pilot is mid-40's with a little grey hair at the temples. Old enough to have a ton of experience and not take any risks, young enough where he's not gonna have a heart attack in the cockpit.

One advantage of dying in a fiery and cataclysmic plane crash is that your estate would profit handsomely from the ensuing litigation. Wife and kids would be set up for generational wealth. Plus, you may even get a permanent memorial outside the terminal, on which Kelsey’s emotional therapy golden retriever could urinate prior to entering the security line.
Calipari Airlines: Ending Generational Poverty One Crash at a Time. Most people keep saying get me to my destination, get me home... Our mission is much bigger than that.

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
I was told years ago the perfect pilot is mid-40's with a little grey hair at the temples. Old enough to have a ton of experience and not take any risks, young enough where he's not gonna have a heart attack in the cockpit.

Captain Sully thinks this is bullshit.

This is where we're headed with air travel:

On February 24, 2009, Sullenberger testified before the U.S. House of Representatives Subcommittee on Aviation of the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure that his salary had been cut by 40 percent, and that his pension, like most airline pensions, was terminated and replaced by a PBGC guarantee worth only pennies on the dollar.[65] He cautioned that airlines were "under pressure to hire people with less experience. Their salaries are so low that people with greater experience will not take those jobs. We have some carriers that have hired some pilots with only a few hundred hours of experience. ... There’s simply no substitute for experience in terms of aviation safety."[66]

Guys, guys. Please don't worry. There have always been new people being hired to fly massive airliners who have no skills or aptitude for the job. You just let them get a few fiery crashes under their belt (rookie mistake! LOL) and you'll have a new generation of Chuck Yeagers in no time.

- GYERO is at its best in large chunks. Been sitting here lmao. 😆 Good stuff.

- In LA (or as I call it - La La Land lol) for the next few days visiting friends. Near Venice. I get the California lifestyle. Beautiful place.

- Umm great posting overall PTI but BBN more or less predicted how this thing would go when Cal chose to recruit Wheeler over other guards. Just doesn’t make a ton of sense to recruit a PG who can’t shoot in 2023. He can still be a valuable piece. Not sure what the hell is going on. Between he, Hagans and Askew - wtf.

- I can’t think of a combo that makes me laugh more than Larry and Leon on Curb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT