ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Random thought on Sahvir Wheeler (who is still a c-word, but I digress) --> you can't overstate how much that guy bailed us out when he transferred here last year. We had gone from Point Guard U, to watching Bum Ass Hagans and Devin Askew leading our team, and were heading into 2021 without a legit PG. And then the two-time reigning SEC assist leader falls in our lap.

I'm bringing this up because I'm certain Cal put his all time sales pitch on this guy about coming to Kentucky, only to later have to take away his starting spot and watch him become completely expendable overnight. He can eat a bag of richards, but the position he's found himself in sure does suck. Coach BEGS you to transfer here, then suddenly doesn't need you at all

He had every chance to keep his starting job and has really just been a little bitch about it the whole way. We're talking about a senior, not a teenager. The position he found himself in was 100% self inflicted. Meanwhile, his team lost last night after giving a helluva an effort... when they would've won comfortably with even a mediocre back up pg.

I'm full in on conspiracy mode on this because it's so strange.

UK Athletics sent a press release Monday afternoon about six players going through Senior Day festivities and Cal even talked about it on the radio show. So either Cal and UK straight up lied, Sahvir scheduled a surgery on his own and didn't tell anyone, or he somehow scheduled a non-emergency next day surgery on Tuesday.

Cats avg. 84ppg in 78 by running, a slew of mid range j's and a couple of workhorses in the paint. Goose got 41 on a boatload of them in the title. It's called efficiency.

You numbnuts are too caught up in the NBA, highlight reels and shooting 3's because Nate Oats does.
I’m gonnna assume this is trolling? He doesn’t really think how the game was played 45 years ago with no three point line is a good argument for shooting a 17 footer in todays game. If this is real it’s up there with Henson>Davis take

Did anyone pay attention to Toppin's post game comments last night? He said it was is fault that Vandy went on that run. He was selfish. He got fussed at by Cal and clapped back. He said that he wanted to get taken out of the game. Said that he needs to be better. . . etc.

This team is soft as hell mentally. When your 22 year old "leaders" are acting like spoiled high school sophomores, you have a fundamental problem within your program. This team is toast.

I would take it further, Strokes. The entire program is soft.

After every win we get treated to slick video packages, smart ass social media posts, Cal gloating, fans booking final four tickets, etc. It's like we have no respect for ourselves or how hard it was to become the absolute best. After losses nothing.

Think about the shit we've been shoveled the past eight months:

-Stoops calls out people at media day then gets his ass kicked by that idiot Shame Beamer in Commonwealth.

-Lose at Ole Miss in impossibly dumb fashion, get dog walked at Tennessee, and lose AT HOME to Vandy.

-Our f*ck wad basketball coach tells us to be patient with a senior laden team and a lottery pick freshman.

-The list for depressing bball losses, improbably continues to stack up, Evansville, St Pete, South Carolina, Vandy.

I mean damn.

Last edited:
I'm full in on conspiracy mode on this because it's so strange.

UK Athletics sent a press release Monday afternoon about six players going through Senior Day festivities and Cal even talked about it on the radio show. So either Cal and UK straight up lied, Sahvir scheduled a surgery on his own and didn't tell anyone, or he somehow scheduled a non-emergency next day surgery on Tuesday.
Yep. How do they not know about this surgery until the actual day of the surgery? It's not as if it was presented as "emergency" surgery and Cal hinted that Wheeler was still "groggy" when he talked to him yesterday afterwards, which would imply that he went under anesthesia.

Reactions: wcc31 and 80 Proof
There were tense moments and heaters being ripped, I guarantee. Likely nervous fidgeting with a Tupperware, too.

Afterwards a silent march to the curb with a garbage can, wondering how it came to this.
"You want me to make the birthday brownies I'll make the GODDAM brownies, John. But I did NOT sign up for this SHIT."

-Ellen Cal yells towards her husband, as he launches a Waste Management bin down the drive. Brad listens to his parents fighting as he sits by his bedroom door, slightly ajar. Brad ponders using heroin.

Ellen last night was Yoko screaming with the bongo next to Chuck Berry. Just no earthly F'n business participating in something as solemn as Senior Night so irreverently. I am increasingly angry about this, as you can probably tell.

Anyone who was in the building when Happy sang MOKH, or the 92 Senior Night when Cawood and the Unforgettables said goodbye, or John Stewart's posthumous ceremony should never look at that stupid asshole the same way again, honestly. I certainly won't.

And Lord knows asking her slob of a husband to put a jacket on for 6 kids playing their last game at Rupp was already too much to ask.

I mean what in the hell are we watching anymore, folks. What happened? Chuck Berry's look of disgust is my permanent face for the rest of Cal era until it mercifully ends.

Last edited:
Possibly my least favorite part of the whole debacle is Cal having the audacity to attempt to tell Billy Joe Wildcat that Wheeler didn't attend SENIOR DAY because of an unexpected surgery. Kim Jong-un would roll his eyes at how terrible and unbelievable that lie is. It shows utter contempt for the audience to think that anyone is dumb enough to even consider it.

Actually, come to think of it, Cal increasingly has the BMI and wardrobe of Kim Jong-un while creating famine for his people, too. Maybe we've got a roundeye Korean dictator coaching our basketball squad.

Last edited:
Sorry just trying to lighten the mood today. These swings have been insane. From the USC game dregs of the barrel to winning like 9 of 11 after that, to thinking a week ago we’re on a run at the perfect time to immediately losing to Vandy on senior night is some epic stuff.

Reactions: RunninRichie
My neighbor with all the problems just can't get out of his own way. Around 10 am this morning, he decided to rake up several piles of leaves in his backyard then set them all on fire. Could barely see my yard from upstairs. These were not well-placed, either. 4 of the piles were around a tree that grows over my yard where we have a tree going their way.

About 20 mins later, the FD shows up and the Fire Chief is red-faced and destroying him. I was absolutely trying to eavesdrop but couldn't hear everything. The look on my neighbor's face as he's extinguishing each of the 12 something piles he turned into infernos tells me everything. Seeing the Chief out there raking up and having 2 other FF come back to help put them all out was something.

After I realized my house wasn't in danger, popped onto neighborhood FB and the hen across the pond is documenting the entire ordeal and he's getting lit up by the hood.

Florida Man going to Florida Man.

- Glad Jalen Carter is blowing off all the false narratives ESPN is plastering all over their website. Unreal they tried to headline like he was at fault for a wreck or a death. Was he just as big of an idiot, hell yes, but that doesn’t mean headlines should read “NFL top 5 prospect arrested for crash leading to a death”.

I guess clicks matter!

- Was sick yesterday with some sort of stomach virus and really wasn’t feeling it today. However, I had a 100 barrel delivery and other stuff to do. No time to lay around sick.

- Not sure why I’m starting to buy into ESPN’s sales pitch on Anthony Richardson, but it’s working on me. Surreal feeling after watching first hand how he isn’t NFL material when UK’s defense had him shook AF.

- I bet PTI loves the pitch clock for baseball.

- All this Wheeler nonsense made me forget how timid Thiero was last night. Man I never expected that type of scared performance from him. Always seems composed and within himself.

- In a season where game to game ups and downs have no relevance at all, I think UK upsets Arkansas Saturday.

You guys already think I’m an idiot so posting that thought is fine by me.

School cancelled tomorrow. Get your babysitters lined up 😉.
I know you’re just waiting for an opening to spout your usual political garbage, but literally everyone that has someone in school in the district got both a text and a phone call.

But thanks for letting GYERO know about FCPS’ schedule, everyone ‘preciates ya’.

EDIT: I dislike how soft and woke FCPS has become as much as anybody, but I’m not going on a UK message board looking to stir shit up about it either.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
School cancelled tomorrow. Get your babysitters lined up 😉.

I was just told this, and for added nonsense in Bullitt County the Thursday/Friday of March madness are Bullitt days where school is out too!

WTF, 2023 when teachers get out for a damn basketball tournament?!?

I know you’re just waiting for an opening to spout your usual political garbage, but literally everyone that has someone in school in the district got both a text and a phone call.

But thanks for letting GYERO know about FCPS’ schedule, everyone ‘preciates ya’.

EDIT: I dislike how soft and woke FCPS has become as much as anybody, but I’m not going on a UK message board looking to stir shit up about it either.
at least we can agree on the wokeness 😉, that’s a win, even if you don’t approve of my posting habits.

Did you all cancel school for rain?
Dear FCPS Families:

In light of forecasts calling for dangerous weather conditions, all Fayette County Public Schools will be closed on Friday, March 3, 2023. This will be a school cancellation, not NTI.

This decision is based on information received during a late afternoon briefing with local emergency management officials in which we learned that the threat of severe weather had worsened.

New forecasts anticipate severe thunderstorms, possible tornadoes, and damaging winds with gusts as high as 60 miles per hour. The possibility of widespread power outages and flash flooding throughout the day will make travel conditions difficult, especially for high-profile vehicles like buses.

The safety of our students, staff, and families is our number one priority and we encourage everyone to focus on being weather aware as conditions may change quickly throughout the day on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT