ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Random thought on Sahvir Wheeler (who is still a c-word, but I digress) --> you can't overstate how much that guy bailed us out when he transferred here last year. We had gone from Point Guard U, to watching Bum Ass Hagans and Devin Askew leading our team, and were heading into 2021 without a legit PG. And then the two-time reigning SEC assist leader falls in our lap.

I'm bringing this up because I'm certain Cal put his all time sales pitch on this guy about coming to Kentucky, only to later have to take away his starting spot and watch him become completely expendable overnight. He can eat a bag of richards, but the position he's found himself in sure does suck. Coach BEGS you to transfer here, then suddenly doesn't need you at all.

* Can't believe Jason Isbell allowed anyone else to cover Cover Me Up. If you know his story, and how insanely painful and personal that song is, I just hope to Hay-Zeus that Morgan Wade paid him a boatload of money to cut the track.

I'm also not sure how Wallen can look anyone in the face after singing this one. Just makes no sense.

* Road trip update (about halfway thru a 2-week jaunt)....

- spent last weekend out in the woods running the start/finish aid station for our friends Red Dirt Ultramarathon. Camped out. Did a little running in the woods. Were fed all weekend by a couple that filled up a dozen crock pots with different gumbos, chilis, etc, and knocked it out of the park with dutch oven peach and apple cobbler. Unreal.

- drove on out to Leadville for a week in the mountains with our dog. Some good hiking, a day of skiing at Ski Cooper, and generally hanging out with buds.

- flying to Vegas tomorrow for our 1-year anniversary. Yeah, we're a little different. Doing the Jackpot Ultras 100-miler Saturday morning, and we'll finish up Sunday, exactly 1 year after taking the plunge. Got a room at the Venetian. Trying to figure out if the Elvis vow renewal ceremony is worth is.

- head back to Denver, pick up our car, then drive to Houston where she's directing a St Patrick's Day-themed race. Finally land back home on 3/12.

* I saved a great clip from a Brooke Blaze pron and did a little editing to really showcase the Cal/UK situation. In the background is her white guy husband watching with a video camera in his hand (he's labeled "Cal"). She's on the bed on all fours while her Bull date gives her a huge BBC, and she's labeled "UK."

SAE -- I can send this to you if you'd like, but it's not cut out for TCP, unfortunately.

* Coaches who win can literally get away with murder (like Nate Oats, for example), but the tide has turned in Lexington. Calipari is just another employee, and it's about gd time someone had the balls to sit the man down and explain to him what his job obligations are and where his salary comes from. Bailing on the postgame show every single time because you're tired/worn out is completely unacceptable. Go win a couple more titles and you can tell Tom Leach to GGP for all we care. Limp into the tourney as an 11-seed, and your boss is in control now.

* I'm thru trying to figure this f'ing team out. At this point I marcus welby put money on us losing by 40 to Arkansas, then making the FInal Four.

* Speaking of which, didn't bradyjames put $1000 on the Cats to win it all? 🤣

* Random thought on Sahvir Wheeler (who is still a c-word, but I digress) --> you can't overstate how much that guy bailed us out when he transferred here last year. We had gone from Point Guard U, to watching Bum Ass Hagans and Devin Askew leading our team, and were heading into 2021 without a legit PG. And then the two-time reigning SEC assist leader falls in our lap.

I'm bringing this up because I'm certain Cal put his all time sales pitch on this guy about coming to Kentucky, only to later have to take away his starting spot and watch him become completely expendable overnight. He can eat a bag of richards, but the position he's found himself in sure does suck. Coach BEGS you to transfer here, then suddenly doesn't need you at all.

* Can't believe Jason Isbell allowed anyone else to cover Cover Me Up. If you know his story, and how insanely painful and personal that song is, I just hope to Hay-Zeus that Morgan Wade paid him a boatload of money to cut the track.

I'm also not sure how Wallen can look anyone in the face after singing this one. Just makes no sense.

* Road trip update (about halfway thru a 2-week jaunt)....

- spent last weekend out in the woods running the start/finish aid station for our friends Red Dirt Ultramarathon. Camped out. Did a little running in the woods. Were fed all weekend by a couple that filled up a dozen crock pots with different gumbos, chilis, etc, and knocked it out of the park with dutch oven peach and apple cobbler. Unreal.

- drove on out to Leadville for a week in the mountains with our dog. Some good hiking, a day of skiing at Ski Cooper, and generally hanging out with buds.

- flying to Vegas tomorrow for our 1-year anniversary. Yeah, we're a little different. Doing the Jackpot Ultras 100-miler Saturday morning, and we'll finish up Sunday, exactly 1 year after taking the plunge. Got a room at the Venetian. Trying to figure out if the Elvis vow renewal ceremony is worth is.

- head back to Denver, pick up our car, then drive to Houston where she's directing a St Patrick's Day-themed race. Finally land back home on 3/12.

* I saved a great clip from a Brooke Blaze pron and did a little editing to really showcase the Cal/UK situation. In the background is her white guy husband watching with a video camera in his hand (he's labeled "Cal"). She's on the bed on all fours while her Bull date gives her a huge BBC, and she's labeled "UK."

SAE -- I can send this to you if you'd like, but it's not cut out for TCP, unfortunately.

* Coaches who win can literally get away with murder (like Nate Oats, for example), but the tide has turned in Lexington. Calipari is just another employee, and it's about gd time someone had the balls to sit the man down and explain to him what his job obligations are and where his salary comes from. Bailing on the postgame show every single time because you're tired/worn out is completely unacceptable. Go win a couple more titles and you can tell Tom Leach to GGP for all we care. Limp into the tourney as an 11-seed, and your boss is in control now.

* I'm thru trying to figure this f'ing team out. At this point I marcus welby put money on us losing by 40 to Arkansas, then making the FInal Four.

* Speaking of which, didn't bradyjames put $1000 on the Cats to win it all? 🤣
I was drunk at the Grizz game and bet $2k on it. Good times!

There’s nothing wrong with mid-range jumpers if the alternative is a shot clock violation or a forced prayer as the shot clock winds down. A lot of you all forget that.

Cal literally said he WANTED to take mid-range jumpers.

A lot of......actually, no. Only YOU forget that.

Well, Cal is Tom Osborne only he didn’t retire in the 90’s. The fullback dive is very effective when you are running a triple stack option. I’d recommend not running the triple stack in 2023, but if you are, you might as well do the fullback dive.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
If Cal's tenure was an "Old Yeller" metaphor, I'd say we're at this point in the film.

8218401811_5e507d72a2.jpg

I could be wrong, but I bet the treatment of Wheeler made the parents feel some sort of way in that they didn’t want Wheeler there or they wouldn’t be there so the staff set up a surgery to mask it.

Cal may have a long list of millionaires, but he has a long list of kids that were done wrong too.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
I could be wrong, but I bet the treatment of Wheeler made the parents feel some sort of way in that they didn’t want Wheeler there or they wouldn’t be there so the staff set up a surgery to mask it.

Cal may have a long list of millionaires, but he has a long list of kids that were done wrong too.
How was Wheeler done wrong? There are five spots and he lost his job. That’s basketball. Dudes who were done wrong were the guys playing behind the likes of Skal, BJ Boston, etc.

-you misspelled Chris Rodriguez, hank.

-oh ffs, wheeler didn't get "done wrong" he got outplayed/lost his spot. This is division one athletics. Coffee is for closers, mother****ers.

^he could've worked hard and accepted his 12-15 min a game role like a good teammate (we would've won last night), instead he bitched out.

Last edited:
Cats avg. 84ppg in 78 by running, a slew of mid range j's and a couple of workhorses in the paint. Goose got 41 on a boatload of them in the title. It's called efficiency.

You numbnuts are too caught up in the NBA, highlight reels and shooting 3's because Nate Oats does.

You mean the 1978 Championship team wasn’t bombing 3-pointers 8 years before they were introduced in college basketball???!

It’s incredible how hard you work to post dumbass takes, for the sole purpose of being an argumentative dick.

Last edited:
All Cal would talk about ad nauseam after Wheeler was benched for Wallace was how well he was playing off the bench, how important he was to the team and he kept gassing the kid up over and over. That kid wasn’t done wrong.

Frankly, I’ve had it with the pendulum swinging way too much in favor of kids’ feelings and constantly worrying about their emotional state (WHAT IT IF WAS YOUR SON?!!) This is high level D1 basketball and it’s a business.

And you know what? Getting cut, losing your starting position or whatever else that revolves around adversity can help you toughen up for the long haul in life. Or at least it used to. Wheeler may have a future playing pro ball in Europe but eventually that ball is going to stop bouncing and he’s probably going to have to enter the business world. It used to mean something to get your ass kicked here and there in life and use that as fuel to drive you to do better. But that’s ok, we’ll keep pacifying kids from these younger generations and prevent them from facing the music.

Meanwhile we didn’t have point guard last night and lost to Vanderbilt on Senior Night.

Frankly, I’ve had it with the pendulum swinging way too much in favor of kids’ feelings and constantly worrying about their emotional state (WHAT IT IF WAS YOUR SON?!!) This is high level D1 basketball and it’s a business.
But we have a mental health CRISIS in this country and having hurt feelings is the same as having a torn ACL. How can you be so insensitive!?!

How was Wheeler done wrong? There are five spots and he lost his job. That’s basketball. Dudes who were done wrong were the guys playing behind the likes of Skal, BJ Boston, etc.
Not for me to say whether he was or not done wrong, but with an obviously planned minor surgery and no sign of family support at senior night it’s clear someone from his family feels pretty strong about it.

As a fan I knew if Wheeler was our main PG we were screwed. I also, like everyone else here, saw that Wallace was our best option.

As an uncle of a kid that was a senior at Bullitt East this past season that wanted to quit because he wasn’t playing much even though he started as a JR, I had to teach him you don’t quit because you never know. It never led to playing time but he got to enjoy something else that was a lot more!

For Wheelers parents to not teach the kid, or show up in support in any way that I can remember even before senior night it’s awkwardly obvious something is felt wrong there.

Oct 16, 2014
"This isn't communism," Calipari said. "So if one group deserves to play a little bit more, they will. It's not communism. If two guys separate themselves and need to get more minutes because you all look and say, 'That kid is so good, he needs more minutes,' it's not communism. They'll get more minutes."

On a scale of ways to handle the situation last night Cal and Wheeler managed to pick the absolute worst one.
It could have been worse.

Like Ellen could have come out wearing the jersey as a dress and ripping heaters during the ceremony. That would have been worse.

Welp, last night I figured out pretty quickly that I definitely do still care about UK Basketball as much as always. No chance of sleeping.

No way we should lose to touching Vandy. Especially without their big man. Embarrassing.

As was Wheeler's senior night debacle. IF he had really had tailbone surgery that day and it couldn't wait, I forgive him. If the surgery was because he is butt-hurt, then touch him.

I wan't to believe he is hurt and that he'd be playing if he could. Contrary to reports I've read on here, I personally saw the kid cheering his ass off and supporting his teammates from the bench in both the UT and Auburn games. I don't give any fux if he goes to bars or not.

The 30 mid-range jumpers that keep getting quoted actually includes all of those missed runners and bricked 5-footers. A little misleading, but still pathetic.

I'm not usually too mad at 15-ft jumpers. Toppin, Reeves and Wallace are usually pretty damn good on them. Hell, even Oscar. We couldn't hit them last night, though. Take it to the rack.

When we went inside, we usually profited. We got to the line 35 times last night. It might not be "modern basketball" but I would've pounded it inside even more. It would've been nice if anyone was left on the court who could actually drive to the basket.

We finally turned Reeves loose like we'd been asking for, and he couldn't deliver. 4/17 and 1/8. And he missed 3 FTs. Hopefully, that was his "off" game and he is his usual self during the postseason.

Reactions: wcc31 and jayroon
*Video of Happy Chandler singing MOKH concludes*

*Ellen Cal holds up a framed WHEELER jersey.*

*One of the BLUECOATS, obviously not Doug, points up to the catwalk in the rafters*

*The crowd slowly all turn their attention to the sky*

*A single tear comes to Ellen Cal's eye*

*It's him. In the rafters, its him. Savhir Wheeler. He's in a backless hospital gown, heavily drugged. Against his bottom surgeon's orders- it's him*

*This is Senior Day. A day for the Seniors. And this. This is UK basketball.*

*Vandy Wins*

*Video of Happy Chandler singing MOKH concludes*

*Ellen Cal holds up a framed WHEELER jersey.*

*One of the BLUECOATS, obviously not Doug, points up to the catwalk in the rafters*

*The crowd slowly all turn their attention to the sky*

*A single tear comes to Ellen Cal's eye*

*It's him. In the rafters, its him. Savhir Wheeler. He's in a backless hospital gown, heavily drugged. Against his bottom surgeon's orders- it's him*

*This is Senior Day. A day for the Seniors. And this. This is UK basketball.*

**Mitch runs over to Lexus Club member who is drinking a beer out of a coffee cup and has him arrested.”**

Welp, last night I figured out pretty quickly that I definitely do still care about UK Basketball as much as always. No chance of sleeping.

No way we should lose to touching Vandy. Especially without their big man. Embarrassing.

As was Wheeler's senior night debacle. IF he had really had tailbone surgery that day and it couldn't wait, I forgive him. If the surgery was because he is butt-hurt, then touch him.

I wan't to believe he is hurt and that he'd be playing if he could. Contrary to reports I've read on here, I personally saw the kid cheering his ass off and supporting his teammates from the bench in both the UT and Auburn games. I don't give any fux if he goes to bars or not.

The 30 mid-range jumpers that keep getting quoted actually includes all of those missed runners and bricked 5-footers. A little misleading, but still pathetic.

I'm not usually too mad at 15-ft jumpers. Toppin, Reeves and Wallace are usually pretty damn good on them. Hell, even Oscar. We couldn't hit them last night, though. Take it to the rack.

When we went inside, we usually profited. We got to the line 35 times last night. It might not be "modern basketball" but I would've pounded it inside even more. It would've been nice if anyone was left on the court who could actually drive to the basket.

We finally turned Reeves loose like we'd been asking for, and he couldn't deliver. 4/17 and 1/8. And he missed 3 FTs. Hopefully, that was his "off" game and he is his usual self during the postseason.
You sound like a battered wife with two black eyes trying to stick up for her husband.

"It's not his fault, I should have had dinner ready sooner" 😿

You mean the 1978 Championship team wasn’t bombing 3-pointers 8 years before they were introduced in college basketball???!

It’s incredible how hard you work to post dumbass takes, for the sole purpose of being an argumentative dick.

Of all people who could not comprehend the intricacies of the vaunted mid range jumper that is now a lost art, despite still being one of the more highly valued shots in basketball, you were the first person to come to mind when I posted it. You really need to stick to running up mountains and leave the complexities of sports to those who actually understand them.

Oh...my dumbass takes don't take much work at all, however, trying to dissect your blatantly ignorant replies is the equivalent of brain freeze while downing a double scoop of butter pecan on a nice summer day.

I will anxiously await your soon to come yearly Reds forecast about how they will field a contender once again.

~best....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT