ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been hitting those mid range shots the last few games and nobody said a damn thing. We live by the sword and die by the sword.

If he is too beat down to sit there tonight and do the post game then I’d like to know 2 things.

1) if that’s true then why is that? Not feeling well? Pissed? Underlining issue?

2) Why weren’t you too beat down after the UT/Auburn games? You were more than capable of passing out the backhanded compliments then you fvcking loser.

We have been hitting those mid range shots the last few games and nobody said a damn thing. We live by the sword and die by the sword.

If he is too beat down to sit there tonight and do the post game then I’d like to know 2 things.

1) if that’s true then why is that? Not feeling well? Pissed? Underlining issue?

2) Why weren’t you too beat down after the UT/Auburn games? You were more than capable of passing out the backhanded compliments then you fvcking loser.
I said something. Stop taking them. They are ine****inficient. You have to be elite world class (50%) just to be average (1.0ppp). Nobody else coaches for this shot. Other coaches have publicly said they want us to take this shot. Please for the love of everything that is holy, stop taking these shots!

The midrange/3 point shooting dichotomy drive me batty. We take crappy shots all the time and the only thing keeping us from being garbage is our ability to offensive rebound. Offensive rebounding and shot selection aren’t mutually exclusive.

We fix that ratio and Cal is the best offensive coach in college basketball.

Addendum:

I am drunk. Please buy me more beers plz

Last edited:
My Uber driver this morning claimed Wheeler’s surgery was to remove bone spurs from his a$$. He was dead serious. Is this accurate? I’ve been so busy I haven’t dug into CatPaw as much as usual.

* Ellen Calipari wearing Wheeler's jersey for Senior Day festivities because Sahvir had surgery that morning is an all-time BBN WTF moment. That's up there with Tubby having to start Dwight Perry because one of his goofball assistants submitted the wrong lineup card and poor Dwight didn't even have his name on the back of his jersey.

* 🤣 at ending the season at Arkansas with Adou Thiero as the starting point guard. Great roster construction, you fat loser.

Fun fact: Sahvir randomly shows up to Asbury home games solo on the regular.
Maybe he's got measles 🙄

We're going to be 1-4 to close out this season

They should dock the fat bastard's pay for skipping post game interviews after losses

Savhir can't play in a game or make senior day, but he apparently doesn't miss too many nights at the bars

Stack stole Cals lunch money the last minute of both halves

When does spring practice start?

Sent this to KSR this morning…

There are 6 nba players who shoot > 50% on mid range shots (min 2 shots a game). Of those 6, only 1 is above 52%. Durant is at 57%

If only 6 of the most elite players in world can hit this %, why do we continue to take 35% of our shots from this range?

You have to make an elite % (50%) of these shots to just be AVERAGE, which is 1.0 pts per possession.

On the year, we shoot around 38% from mid range and take 35% of our shots from there. .76 points per possession on these shots means we have to average 1.14 pts per possession on the other 65% of our shots just to average out to 1.0 pts per possession, which again is average!

Why do we continue to take these shots is beyond me. Kentucky has shown the rest of their offense is great (3pt %, FT shooting, offensive rebounds).

They do these other things great! It's the equivalent of having 3 tests for a college class and making an A+ on first 2 then just saying you are going to completely throw away the last one to take C average.

These shots are inefficient. No other coach wants them. Other coaches want us to shoot them. It's beyond coaching malpractice

Without the “I haven’t seen him” obvious response, does anyone have an actual update on Cason Wallace?

Shavir is out “a couple of weeks”.

I thought we solved the injury bug in March with the new strength and conditioning coach?

Reactions: RunninRichie
My Uber driver this morning claimed Wheeler’s surgery was to remove bone spurs from his a$$. He was dead serious. Is this accurate? I’ve been so busy I haven’t dug into CatPaw as much as usual.
Heard he had surgery on this tailbone so this checks out.

Reactions: wcc31
Savhir can't play in a game or make senior day, but he apparently doesn't miss too many nights at the bars
That is a pretty bold statement. That said, it’s Cal’s fault that stuff like this gets thrown around. I know he is trying to protect the kids in these circumstances but all it does is leave it open to speculation.

Also, at this point there are very few people who are buying his BS so even if he is telling the truth it’s a chicken little situation. Which just pisses them off even more and leads people to shut him out. It’s the classic example of a toxic relationship.

Since Rupp Arena opened in 1976-77, UK is now 41-6 in Senior Night/Day games. By coach, Joe B. Hall went 9-0, Eddie Sutton 4-0, Rick Pitino 7-1, Tubby Smith 9-1, Billy Gillispie 1-1, and Calipari is 11-3.

It is the fifth double-digit loss season in Calipari’s UK coaching tenure (since 2009-10). Five seasons with at least 10 losses ties Tubby Smith for the most in UK history.

All the money needed, all the facilities, all the resources, fan support, tradition, prestige; still not enough to simply think about or possibly enter the postseason with some modicum of confidence anymore, as if that's some kind of tall order or big ask.

Champions Classic - too early
Out of conference games - Not league play
League play - We're fine
Senior Day - we've done enough
SEC Tournament - a nuisance

And finally, I think he's come for March. It doesn't matter. He's tired and beaten up.

I give up on wondering what it's going to take for anyone in position to have the balls to fix their own made mess that is the basketball program, but its value has been stripped barren like a blue chip company acquired by some soulless PE firm. All that made it what it was is gone, and is soon to be bankrupted and sold for scrap.

Been sad to watch it all unfold, but it's the truth.

Having a senior PG quit the team, skip senior day, then having the coaches wife be the only person standing behind that players jersey. In a line of embarrassing shit... that has to take the cake. Uncharted territory for sure.
An Uber driver breaking the news on butt surgery that none of the other local SCRIBES have reported is also UP THERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT