ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew Thornton and The Bluegrass Conspiracy is an absolutely incredible story that no one (apparently) can tell well.
Lol… my wife who apparently never saw a preview of Cocaine Bear thought we were going to see a movie about the Bluegrass Conspiracy and then was extremely pissed off that they didn’t at least incorporate more of that into this movie.

By the way, when was the last time Elizabeth Banks made a movie that was worth a damn? Pitch Perfect 1, maybe?

Today is National Polar Bear Day. If you see one while out and about today remember they aren't just cute cuddly bears who drink Coca Cola. 😂

images

Reactions: Col. Angus
Have no idea why wheeler is shutting it down, if it’s true. Won’t save a year of eligibility, not going to nba…so what’s the point?

I mean if really hurt, OK but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Just need him to run point 7-8 min a game and he can’t do that?

-Had a fun little jaunt down to BG. Pregame beer and food at a little bar/restaurant and then back to her house to watch the game and imbibe a little more. Uber to Montana Grille (because we’re/BG is fancy) and ate, then back to the house to watch some old school Real World where it was WILD that everyone smoked, glad that’s changed so much.

We are 1-0 watching U.K. games together so she said we could watch a game together again.

She behaved like a lady, so she either has zero interest after this hangout or she’s smart enough to know if you hookup immediately Id be happy to continue you that but it wouldn’t ever be a relationship.

Sorry @cut_itloosedoubledeuce thats all I got.

Cal said we really need Wheeler back and I don’t think he’d bring it up if it weren’t an option but sitting out 10 games or whatever before the tourney sure is odd if they plan to plug him back in.

Reactions: Col. Angus
- Best game of the year and I forgot to DVR it. FML

- Beat Arkansas at Arkansas and I will get excited again. Still not sold, unfortunately.

- NO wind in Lexington yesterday equals golf time.

- Conference in Detroit last week and yes, not breaking news, but Detroit is an absolute shit hole.

- Feeling the sting of property values going up in Lexington.

- Do doctors follow up with patients anymore to see if they are getting better? Is that a thing of the past?

-Elizabeth Banks was very good in the hunger games trilogy *and* great in Love and Mercy...the latter is a *must* watch for music fans.

-it's been said but a 30 point beat down of a solid team is just the right medicine to treat BJW redass. The lineup issues being mitigated...even if out of necessity is a positive sign. We'll see, I reckon.

-Elizabeth Banks was very good in the hunger games trilogy *and* great in Love and Mercy...the latter is a *must* watch for music fans.
I couldn’t finish Love and Mercy and I love the story of Pet Sounds. But I thought that film - the way they jumped around - was painful.

• Sad
Reactions: rudd1
My family wants to head down to Nashville to catch a session of the SECT next week. Can you still go to other schools' websites and snatch up some of their allotment? I don't care if we catch a UK game or not. Those games will be too expensive for my budget anyway. They just want to roll down. Since Chase DiedIAF, I'll ask the questions now.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
CJ/Wheeler help give Wallace (and to a lesser extent Reeves) a few extra minutes rest, they're VERY important for that reason alone. Production is just a bonus, and will surely be needed at some point.

But The fact so many on here don't seem to understand that is weird.

-Still can't believe we were up 40 lmao. Damn that was fun!

Anth - might as well get used to playing against the holdbacks at an early age. Gonna be some grown ass men graduating from high school over the next decade or so.

Lotta regular holdbacks got that second free Covid holdback to go with it. And crazy-ass parents, combined with some school systems, jumped at the chance.

Reactions: jayroon
My family wants to head down to Nashville to catch a session of the SECT next week. Can you still go to other schools' websites and snatch up some of their allotment? I don't care if we catch a UK game or not. Those games will be too expensive for my budget anyway. They just want to roll down. Since Chase DiedIAF, I'll ask the questions now.
On Wednesday I have an entire suit I plan to give to customers or friends. How many do you have coming down?

CJ/Wheeler help give Wallace (and to a lesser extent Reeves) a few extra minutes rest, they're VERY important for that reason alone. Production is just a bonus, and will surely be needed at some point.

But The fact so many on here don't seem to understand that is weird.

-Still can't believe we were up 40 lmao. Damn that was fun!

-100%. They need to combine for at least 10-15 mins a game to rest the starters. Redass blinds folks.

Anth - holdbacks suck but unfortunately it’s completely rampant these days, particularly in Eastern Ky. EVERYBODY holds back there. Just part of it these days.

Why IS chipotle such a mess? That’s gotta be the biggest discrepancy between food quality and customer service/experience of any restaurant in the world. Always out of basic items, lines slow af, workers seem to hate their lives. But yet I go probably 4-5x a week.

I don’t BELIEVE in this Kentucky team, but I am loving every W and will continue to hope cal figures it all out. I’m cautiously back on his bandwagon There isn’t a home run hire out there and I still think the dude feels like Kentucky basketball, if that makes sense. Would like to see the ‘93 uniforms make another appearance at some point.

My friend had a senior in high school who was getting low level D1/high D2 scholarship offers as a pitcher. They held him back to get a higher level D1 offer with the primary goal to throw harder.

Blew his arm out his second senior year and now everything in flux.

So stupid

If Wheeler plans on transferring at the end of this season, the smartest thing for him to do is be a small minutes provider on a high achieving UK team in March.

The level of attention he will get and potential for catching some residual credit for team success with a small amount of blame for any team struggles, would be significantly helpful to him in attracting a new team.

Anth - holdbacks suck but unfortunately it’s completely rampant these days, particularly in Eastern Ky. EVERYBODY holds back there. Just part of it these days.

Why IS chipotle such a mess? That’s gotta be the biggest discrepancy between food quality and customer service/experience of any restaurant in the world. Always out of basic items, lines slow af, workers seem to hate their lives. But yet I go probably 4-5x a week.

I don’t BELIEVE in this Kentucky team, but I am loving every W and will continue to hope cal figures it all out. I’m cautiously back on his bandwagon There isn’t a home run hire out there and I still think the dude feels like Kentucky basketball, if that makes sense. Would like to see the ‘93 uniforms make another appearance at some point.
The hold back thing is rampant everywhere. My kid graduated in 2019, there were 3 kids in his class that were 20 when they graduated high school. I believe Ohio's rule is they cant start a new sport season after they turn 20, which is ridiculous because that means there are 20 year "men" playing football potentially against 14 year freshmen kids. My kid barely knew most of the kids in sports in his class because until 7th grade you play by age group in Ohio, then it starts by grade in 7th. There were 5 total boys in his class that played there entire youth sports careers with the class behind them because EVERYBODY up here starts there kids late. Its just dishonest all around. In kindergarten the teacher kept complaining how immature my son was, he was one of only 3 actual 5 year olds in his class the rest were 6 with two that were 7. As long as those parents could feel good about there kid dominating 3rd grade basketball is what really counts though.

The holdback talk ruined my relationship with my son’s 13u coach - who I very much respected. He simply wouldn’t let it go even after I told him not to bring it up anymore. My kid is young for his age (will be 17 when he graduates), but we - son included - had zero interest in doing that.

He always played ‘down’ in his age group and not with the majority of his graduating class (meaning he played 14u while most of his older classmates were playing 15u). However, he was asked by one of the states top organizations (KBC) to play up at 16u this year.

So while there may be some benefit in holding kids back, once you get to a certain age/level it’s all gonna shake out the same as it would’ve anyway, IMO.

If you don’t hold your child back for a competitive edge in youth sports, you’re failing as a parent imo. If they don’t have a mustache by the time they hit 7th grade, it’s hopeless - put them in the f***ing band.
Added benefit to holding back is you can reclassify, graduate "early", and make PTI think you're graduating as a 13 year old.

Truth. Entire grades/classes, like it’s nothing. As an elite youth football coach, it’s pretty stunning to witness. They don’t hesitate in the slightest to hold everyone back in Eastern Ky.

Reactions: jayroon
Kids sports are dumb as hell.

I mean- props to the folks who figured out there’s a shit load of money to make selling parents the dream of a college athletic scholarship, professional athlete “if they stick with my program!”, but it’s exhausting and totally absurd.

I’d guess 75% of the white kids that play sports in Texas graduate at 19.

- I haven’t been to the SECT in 6 years after going to 22 straight so I can’t say for certain but I bet you can pick up non UK session tix for a good price on the street. You can probably get really good Thursday seats for $10 or less.

After going to 20 or so in a row, I've skipped the last 5-6 for Vegas due to Nashville burnout...but, actually heading down again this year since I'll be able to actually enjoy knowing we're Dancing.

Looking forward to that + enjoying Selection Sunday & the week leading up to NCAAT. Pretty good feeling after being nearly certain none of that was going to happen, regardless of the overall disappointment w/ the Program, Season, etc.

Bring on March! [cheers]

I started kindergarten at 4. I was always tall for my age, but there was definitely a noticeable difference when I got to 7th grade as an 11 yo playing sports against 13 year olds that had been held back. I quit trying out for the school teams and was content to work around the farms while playing rec league ball.

My kid started K at a normal age and so far seems to be much more athletic than I ever was. No way I'd hold him back for the sake of sports.

After going to 20 or so in a row, I've skipped the last 5-6 for Vegas due to Nashville burnout...but, actually heading down again this year since I'll be able to actually enjoy knowing we're Dancing.

Looking forward to that + enjoying Selection Sunday & the week leading up to NCAAT. Pretty good feeling after being nearly certain none of that was going to happen, regardless of the overall disappointment w/ the Program, Season, etc.

Bring on March! [cheers]
I know none of us ever lost hope BUT IF WE HAD the turnaround from a couple of weeks ago to now would feel pretty great. I imagine.

Here in our household, grades are what matters. (Lol as @anthonys735 spent the weekend evaluating 6/7 year old kids for baseball draft.) Anyways, somehow my July birthday kid has managed to do well in school and better than average in MAP tests despite his “late” birthday.

If you need to hold your kid back for maturity, school, etc. that’s fine. Do what you need to do. But this rampant hold back stuff (especially in private schools) boggles my mind. Like if you’re spending $25k a year to send your kid to the Lexington School, doesn’t it seem kinda stupid they need to repeat a grade because they “aren’t ready” to move on? Wtf are y’all learning? Nothing? Oh wait, I get it, you want to celebrate 10 year old Whitaker Ingram Cargill the fourth’s 2nd grade basketball title?

/rant

-kids sports should be a way to: keep kids physically active, foster a love of "being active" as an adult, learn about teamwork, experience "harmless" adversity and have fun with other kids/friends.

^instead every slapdick dad thinks their kid is gonna earn a full ride/go pro. If your kid is good enough someone will find him/her. Aau/travel ball etc. Is a racket.

On Wednesday I have an entire suit I plan to give to customers or friends. How many do you have coming down?
Appreciate ya', BradyJ. There are 4 of us. Not for certain what day we could make it down, but it's only about a 40-45 minute trip for us. I'll have more of an idea when I know my son's training schedule for next week.

-In regards to preferring hanging out with your kid/kids, that would be pretty awesome. Told 80 the other day it was a super sweet post on his boys 7th bday when he said his son was his best buddy.

That’s got to be a cool feeling. As much as I’m love my dog, a mini me would be next level.

-I love my job and getting paid to lift is a dream come true but it’s definitely different being the Director of Training versus being a Trainer. Trainers just train and then do whatever they want. As the DT, I have MUCH more to do and much more pressure.

I miss not caring about the business side as a trainer but I’m much happier with the added pressure and of course money that goes along with the position.

-Chad you’ll still be the cool dad just not the one in the city with the DINKs and Gays. The added amenities and space will likely make your life much smoother.

At least you make me feel better about having kids later, if I do. I’d be almost 60 by the time they were out of high school if I had one this year… 😬.

-Meeting BG gal at her place then going to pregame at a restaurant for lunch. Should be a lot of fun.

-Going to gamble tonight and leave the dog at home with Dad. Dog door is open so hopefully the mud won’t be too bad and dad doesn’t let him out the front door.

He’s chipped and has my number and address on his collar. 🤞

-Speaking of dad, ol fellar asked if he could go to BG with me and meet the gal. 😆 sorry you’re going to have to skip this one pops, you’re not staying the night with us.

Sometimes it’s almost cute, it’s like literally talking to a child.
Does dog have AirTag though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT