ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot take - the modern Kentucky job is just too big for a coach to stay longer than 10 years. If Cal had left after Year 10 he’d be a hero. The pressures of the job are just too much to succeed longer than that. Which makes what Saban is doing at Alabama even more impressive. He never lost the fire or let the pressure get to him.
Cal pretty much said the same thing when he started.

Grady is WAY better than CJ or Livingston.
Mintz is WAY tougher/savvy than Reeves.
Keion is definitely better than Toppin. Sophomore Hopkins better than both put together.

I thought the literal exact opposite before the year started. I guess Cal did too before he saw them practice. Then he immediately came out and begged for patience. Had to be from the poor player evals.

All that said there's still no excuse to lose the way we are losing. Double digits against UCLA, dog walked by Mizzou, and thirty pieced by Bama.

This sucks.

Found a box in the garage earlier with a butt load of old CD's. Hadn't seen them in a decade or more.
Pulled this one out and I'm playing it now. Probably not for everyone, but if you like late 80's/Brixton reggae then this might be for you.

I bought this CD at World of Music in Munchen, circa 1989 when I was stationed in Germany.
The nostalgia, listening to this, is a physiological experience...

Hot take - the modern Kentucky job is just too big for a coach to stay longer than 10 years. If Cal had left after Year 10 he’d be a hero. The pressures of the job are just too much to succeed longer than that. Which makes what Saban is doing at Alabama even more impressive. He never lost the fire or let the pressure get to him.
Saban learned how to delegate and be a CEO. How many experienced FBS and NFL HEAD COACHES came to Bama (even if it was to rehabilitate for a year)? What does Cal have in his bench? He’s an insecure micromanager. He’s Vince McMahon. He won’t let go.

I definitely didn't shed any tears when Keion Brooks left, but in Cal's system, he's a 4 all/air, and offensively he is light years ahead of the others (Ware/Collins/Toppin) when it comes to shooting, ballhandling, and passing. He was fantastic at times last year, and really took a lot of pressure off of Oscar with his versatility.

It's sad AF that we're struggling to replace him, but it's true.

It's becoming hard to not root for the Lions. Think I'll make them my NFC team moving forward.

- Sure seemed like that might have been Rodgers last game as he exited the field with RC.

Dan Campbell is a fun and tough coach and Detroit has a young and upcoming team.

But I followed them ever since I could remember because of Barry Sanders who retired early because Detroit sucked. I held on because they eventually got Calvin and Stafford but when Calvin quit on them early too, I jumped ship to the Titans.

I promise, no matter how fun they seem, they’ll blow this foundation they’ve built.

• Love
Reactions: WayneDougan
Total respect for Barry Sanders, on and off the field, but Billy Sims will always be my favorite Detroit Lion's RB

I idolized that guy when he played at Oklahoma, and then onto when he was drafted first overall by the Lions.

Had he not destroyed his knee, I honestly believe he would have ended up as one of the best 10 tailbacks in NFL history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT