ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
mk4cPHa.jpg
4 against 1. No respect.

Also note how NOBODY in blue is moving, just cocking standing there with their hands up they butt.
It’s a Peach Jam early week offense.

Reactions: august-west
The sailors say, Brandy, you're a fine girl
What a good wife you would be. But my life, my lover, my lady is the sea.

For you lex friends. Bayne Froney. Mercy. That's a fun reminder of my youth date parties. Meck is the perfect weatherman but they need to let her take some prime time.

You're giving him WAY too much credit. He's not going to have any better players than he has had. Is he going to dribble drive even harder? If if someone else wants him, all that will do is vindicate him in his mind. He won't do shit anywhere he goes.

Reactions: UKMKG
Well, I mostly care bc it’ll frustrate me beyond belief watching him stroll into rupp with his top 5 team and making every single change we’ve been asking for for 5+ years on the way to taking f’ing Texas to a final four. All of you acting like Cal doesn’t *remember* how to coach are dead wrong. He knows what to do, he just doesn’t have the drive to do it.

Texas will never spend that much on basketball, why should they?

UK -- if they want to fix this problem -- needs to fire Mitch ASAP. We wouldn't be in a position without any leverage but for the lifetime contract. MB negotiated and signed the lifetime contract -- where is the accountability? He should be fired ASAP for cause for putting UK in this position.

I'm happy to hate on Mitch any time, but I can't really say much about the lifetime contract because I didn't have a problem with it when it happened. Just didn't think it through. I figured Cal was a self-motivated narcissist and didn't need the threat of getting fired to keep a competitive edge.

I knew there were ways that Cal's relationship with Kentucky and BBN could go sour, but I never once imagined he was going to go out like a little bitch.

Texas is coming to the SEC, that could motivate them to get a program selling egomaniac more than an X’s and O’s guru.

That said, Texas is coming to the SEC and Cal isn’t leaving UK just to come back to Rupp every year or every other year.

Ain’t happening.

I don’t know who said it, but Bruce Pearl would flat out kill at Texas! That was a great call.

Well, I mostly care bc it’ll frustrate me beyond belief watching him stroll into rupp with his top 5 team and making every single change we’ve been asking for for 5+ years on the way to taking f’ing Texas to a final four. All of you acting like Cal doesn’t *remember* how to coach are dead wrong. He knows what to do, he just doesn’t have the drive to do it.
He 100% remembers shit that worked in 2008. The problem is that it’s 2023.

Best thing that could happen for this program right now would be if the cops got called to the Calipari estate at 2am and he got arrested for domestic assault, then subsequently tried to cover it up by having his old lady say she originally lied to 911 and the police.

Reactions: UKMKG and Stoneule
Who cares?
Exactly. He can go win a title at Texas for all I give a f***. It just means that we finally flushed that turd.

And, nobody has given Mitch a pass. It's just that we have a more urgent problem. Cal is a severed artery that needs immediate attention. Mitch is colon cancer. You have to deal with both of course, but it's a matter of prioritization.

Last edited:
I don't think Texas would hire John Calipari, and I actually don't think Cal would want to go to Texas, now that it's headed to the SEC.

None of the bluebloods will be looking for a coach soon. And even if they were, I don't know that any of them would want Cal.

I can't really see any of the current hot seat possibilities being potential landing spots. Georgetown likely can't afford him, and neither can St. John's. Georgia Tech would be firing his former assistant, so it's unlikely they'd be interested. At one time Pitt might have had an outside shot (hometown school and all), but Capel has seemingly turned things around there

That doesn't leave many possibilities for a place that can...

-Afford him
-Be enough of a stroke to his ego
-Allow him to recruit elite players
-Give him the NIL/facilities support he'd be looking for
-Put him in a position to win without awkard fallout (in other words, not the SEC, and not the AAC)

I think his next move is either one that comes out of left field, or one that is the residual effect of a first domino to fall. I could see it being a place like USC, for example. Andy Enfield is winning out there, but just a few years ago was on the hot seat. Does he head back east for a landing spot of his own before his seat warms up again? If so, I could see USC being the type of place that could give Cal a fresh start. They have the $$$, the name, the location, etc. And they'd be looking for some juice to counter the success that Cronin has had up the road.

A longer shot, but what if Mike Brey hangs it up at Notre Dame? There's been talk that he has considered stepping away for the past few years. He and Cal are the same age, but maybe a place like Notre Dame would appeal to Cal. Prestige, former basketball success, a place where people care, fertile recruiting territory (though he would have to navigate tougher academic waters), etc. And the place has money. I could see it piquing his interest.

Unfortunately, it's just not as simple as Cal-to-Texas. I wish it were. But I do think (hope) some other dominoes may fall this offseason that might open up some possibilities that nobody is talking about yet.

Last edited:
I don't think Texas would hire John Calipari, and I actually don't think Cal would want to go to Texas, now that it's headed to the SEC.

None of the bluebloods will be looking for a coach soon. And even if they were, I don't know that any of them would want Cal.

I can't really see any of the current hot seat possibilities being potential landing spots. Georgetown likely can't afford him, and neither can St. John's. Georgia Tech would be firing his former assistant, so it's unlikely they'd be interested. At one time Pitt might have had an outside shot (hometown school and all), but Capel has seemingly turned things around there

That doesn't leave many possibilities for a place that can...

-Afford him
-Be enough of a stroke to his ego
-Allow him to recruit elite players
-Give him the NIL/facilities support he'd be looking for
-Put him in a position to win without awkard fallout (in other words, not the SEC, and not the AAC)

I think his next move is either one that comes out of left field, or one that is the residual effect of a first domino to fall. I could see it being a place like USC, for example. Andy Enfield is winning out there, but just a few years ago was on the hot seat. Does he head back east for a landing spot of his own before his seat warms up again? If so, I could see USC being the type of place that could give Cal a fresh start. They have the $$$, the name, the location, etc. And they'd be looking for some juice to counter the success that Cronin has had up the road.

A longer shot, but what if Mike Brey hangs it up at Notre Dame? There's been talk that he has considered stepping away for the past few years. He and Cal are the same age, but maybe a place like Notre Dame would appeal to Cal. Prestige, former basketball success, a place where people care, fertile recruiting territory (though he would have to navigate tougher academic waters), etc. And the place has money. I could see it piquing his interest.

Unfortunately, it's just not as simple as Cal-to-Texas. I wish it were. But I do think (hope) some other dominoes may fall this offseason that might open up some possibilities that nobody is talking about yet.
How much longer does Georgetown keep Patrick Ewing around? That could be an interesting move if it's not an ugly divorce between the school and the coach.

Hated the lifetime contract when it happened. Not been on the Cal train for several years now. The WI loss hurt me but that UNC loss broke me. Got over it because ish happens but the KState loss was when I lost any love left for Cal. Mitch should be fired but in reality firing a guy who was AD of the year just a year ago is a bad look.

Reactions: justa
The auburn loss was what sent me over the edge. We had the better team by far, had blown them out earlier in the season, and they were missing their best big.

Started out on fire and then to watch cal choke the life out of that game against a team who loved to run and with a team who played great when playing fast was the last straw. Scored 60 in regulation after having like 14 in the first 4 min.

I knew then he wouldn’t change and he hasn’t.

Why would anyone want Billy Donovan at this point? He’s turned us down twice. He’s obviously loyal to Florida. He’s got more $$ than he will ever need. He’s already won so what would be his motivation?

To me, the prototype we should look for is someone who has had high success in college but hasn’t won it all.

Oats, musselman, Pearl, Few. Pick one and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT