ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vern the main point is that cal had no idea how to utilize the kids talent like a guy from Cleveland State just did. It's sad and I feel our collective pain but it's the man in the head seat and he's not changing.

Reactions: jayroon
KY has 2 options. Suck it up and forget this season existed (well, actually the last 3 seasons) and pray this next recruiting class drags Cal to the finish line or start coming up with the buyout money because he isn’t leaving on his own. On top of that Mitch should either retire or be fired for ever agreeing to this incredibly lopsided lifetime contract that has UK by the balls now.

I think Toppin is a really big issue. Just a hunch but I think our team would be better if he was kicked off/quit. He’s a cancer.

It’s not one player. It’s the lineups Cal continues to put out there. It hamstrings everyone and everything.

Obviously Toppin is garbage but he shouldn’t be playing with both Tshiebwe and Wheeler, or God forbid another non-shooter.

The basketball dream today is 5 out. The college basketball must is 4 out, bare minimum 3 shooters. Our lineups generally feature 2 shooters, occasionally 1, and we wonder why EVERYONE seems to suck this year.

I continue to be absolutely dumfounded that anyone could have watched POPPIN Toppin play the last two seasons and somehow think he would magically turn out to be a star player this year. He literally couldn't start because he was a significantly worse player than Keion Brooks.

Brooks is averaging 16.6 and 6.5 for Washington, btw. Maybe that's the one you forgot, anth.

This post game show should be a real doozy. I hope I can at least stay awake to hear Matt’s opening monologue. It should be, and I assume will be, rather scathing.

Cal has obviously burned so many bridges that not only does he not have anyone in his corner anymore but people are coming out of the shadows and aren’t afraid to rip him a new one. Kind of like when Mumme/Billy Clyde hit the skids. They didn’t have anyone in their corner when the shit hit the fan and we know how that turned out. Cal is in the same boat.

I hope so. We're talking Johnny Depp level divorce coming but it's here. Pull the bandaid off.

You're not going to get past Drew, Muss, Oats or Pearl. I'd take any tomorrow.
Our total salaries in the entire athletic budget is like 60m anually.... I just don't think it's even a conversation anyone would entertain.

Mags with a really good opening. Appreciate it.

Regarding the players that have left - not sure if there is anybody to add but I'd almost guarantee that Reed Shepherd won't be back for his 2nd year if Cal is still here.

It’s looking more likely that Oscar leaves college without ever winning an NCAA tournament game.

Of course he could also come back next year and be in the starting front court with Bradshaw and Ugonna.

KY has 2 options. Suck it up and forget this season existed (well, actually the last 3 seasons) and pray this next recruiting class drags Cal to the finish line or start coming up with the buyout money because he isn’t leaving on his own. On top of that Mitch should either retire or be fired for ever agreeing to this incredibly lopsided lifetime contract that has UK by the balls now.

Putting faith in recruiting classes at this point feels like a waste of time. It won't matter with the same approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT