ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- We’re remarkably a couple guards short and a couple bigs heavy every single year, including 2015 - the deepest team of our lives.

3 of the top 4 leading scorers in 2015 were guards. There were 4 guards who played 21mpg+, which was the travesty. You weren't short guards that year...you had a coach who played fav's and decided Booker/Ulis weren't up to playing but barely a half against Wisconsin. 64 points...asinine. That team was built to make Paul Westhead proud instead of grinding out a 15 rd decision....8 yrs later and what has changed? You lose the top 7 from this year so Cal had better hope that some major stars go portaling and want some Craft cash. #truthtalk #toughlovelesson

- Very weird place for the fandom right now. Even in the last few Tubby years and with Gillispie I watched all the games and thought we were trying to win them.

That’s wild to think about. Not even BCG or Tubby could make me quit Uk basketball, but HOFCJVC sure did.

And it’s 100% because John is a prick. He hates this state, makes fun our fans, and just generally believes he’s above answering to anybody for anything.

It’s extremely hard to support a man like that, and I assume why he no longer has Robic by his side.

Players, too. Why would they wanna play for him? There are probably a lot of reasons why Cal no longer sends out 3 first round picks a year, and one of them is because he’s an old prick.

#15 was the only Cat jersey I owned, and I refuse to believe Jeff will let his son come play for this clown. Would be a huge mistake for his development and dreams.

During the darkest days of the Tubby and BCG eras, it was still possible to watch and see some semblance of coaching or strategy. The talent level just wasnt there. What we're seeing with this team is just unorganized chaos. And it's indefensible.
Nope. Both of those guys sucked ass from 2006-2009. I don't recall any signs of anything beyond stubbornness and a failure to produce a team that looked as if they had a clue on how to run an offense.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Duke was in the national championship game against Kentucky a mere three years before Coach K started there, and also in the Top 10 for all-time wins.

I’m here to rectify any other college basketball history falsehoods if y’all need me.

By the way- take the under. You’re welcome.

What’s the prop bet on the o/u on punts for the MCB? We all chip in on the over then take the winnings and bet against the Kates until Vegas figures out we suck. Should have buyout money in just a few weeks. Problem solved and Gyero becomes legendary across the whole state for saving the basketball program.

Windy this morning but got in a few hours fishing. Helps with my anger management over this team. Only caught a couple of dinks but it’s the end of December and I’m happy with the silver lining since everything else sucks.

Speaking of football, if Vegas ships out Carr (a historical top 12ish QB in a QB driven league) to rent the walking corpse version of Tom Brady for two years, I'm in the market for a new team after 26 years supporting those assholes. It's bad enough that transparent walking bowl cut of an owner hired Trashcan McDaniels, I don't want Psycho Tom on my team.

Speaking of football, if Vegas ships out Carr (a historical top 12ish QB in a QB driven league) to rent the walking corpse version of Tom Brady for two years, I'm in the market for a new team after 26 years supporting those assholes. It's bad enough that transparent walking bowl cut of an owner hired Trashcan McDaniels, I don't want Psycho Tom on my team.

Who Dey, friend. Come enjoy a decade of Burrow to Chase.

Someone brought up the name "Anthony Davis" to me the other day, and I literally FROZE. Like, couldn't remember the guy at all. I ended up having to perform a Google search to jog my memory. Turns out, yep. Sure enough, the guy played one season here, and I found his statistics on collegebasketball-reference.com. WOW. That's all I can say. I'm just totally dazed at this point I can hardly even remember. I'll probably see if I can find some videos on the YouTube of this guy, because it looks like he was quite a player.

Someone brought up the name "Anthony Davis" to me the other day, and I literally FROZE. Like, couldn't remember the guy at all. I ended up having to perform a Google search to jog my memory. Turns out, yep. Sure enough, the guy played one season here, and I found his statistics on collegebasketball-reference.com. WOW. That's all I can say. I'm just totally dazed at this point I can hardly even remember. I'll probably see if I can find some videos on the YouTube of this guy, because it looks like he was quite a player.
I wouldn’t waste my time if I were you. After all, he only took the 5th most shots for that team so there really isn’t that much to see.

Reactions: Col. Angus
It's a shame that Cal has allowed his reputation and his legacy deteriorate right before all of our eyes. In hindsight, 2012 will be the outlier, the exception to his disappointing results. Other years we've had the best team or a team that was as good as anybody left standing, and he couldn't be the coach that won the in-game coaching battle to get the players to the finish line like others have done.

I was at that 2011 Final Four. Cal getting outcoached by Calhoun down the stretch, especially when the game was without any stoppage for 5+ minutes. Team was gassed by that time.

I think the exact opposite, I think he wants his legacy to be having coached the most NBA players and be in that inner circle. So he couldn’t care less about his coaching record.
JMO

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT