ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s gonna be warmer the next 10 days and I recommend everyone enjoy nature, fishing or whatever puts you in a better place. Otherwise January is going to make you homicidal with this dick for brains coach.

Reactions: wcc31
Turned the game on for a second, saw we were down and then flipped over to the Holiday Bowl. Drake Maye is a future #1 pick. Had no idea he was Luke Maye’s little brother.

Had family Christmas today. In years past, a 7:00 game would have been the perfect after early dinner thing for us to watch together. 4 of us have degrees from UK and are big sports fans, and the kids are all UK fans. Well, they were anyway.

As it is the game wasn’t even a thought. My dad turned it on out of duty and then turned it off. I’ve never in my life seen him turn off a UK game. That’s a sign. Another sign is my wife. Grew up in Lexington, two degrees from UK, grew up watching all of the games with her parents and then rewatching them on VHS and then DVR. Cant even get her to watch anymore. And recently I’ve caught her rewatching Bengals games. That’s another sign.

This is bad. The end of Tubby was bad but in some ways this is worse. Let’s face it- there’s no real connection (outside of Oscar I guess) between the program and the fanbase anymore. Guys come here to try out for a year, then leave. They’re mercenaries- and I don’t fault them for it, they shouldn’t have to go to college for a fake year- and as fans we don’t feel the connection to them. I can’t keep track of the roster year in and year out. And Cal warned us year ago- he’s set the program up to get kids to the NBA and if we happen to win some games along the way, cool. And that’s what’s happening now. And it sucks.

Lot of people have invested a lot of time and money as fans with the only expectation in return is to have an entertaining product to help us get through the winter, something to look forward to in the spring, and something to be proud of. We ain’t getting that. If I may paraphrase noted motivator and national security news source Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, it’s time for Calipari to get to stepping’. This is broke.

Anyway, merry Christmas, eat Arby’s, and this shit sucks farts.

I keep saying inexplicable because it is. Cal has run modern sets, lineups and teams before. Shit - look at 2011. Ahead of its time. All 5 starters could knock down a 3.

He’s never shown loyalty to seniority.

You can’t even say he’s protecting draft stock- Wallace is our only 1st rounder.

It’s sabotage.

-I mean Daniel Craig/Edward Norton couldn't save the writing. Fake Jamie Foxx was ok.

^sad...as I really liked the first one.

-cal told us what he was about from the jump...some chose to spin it as "recruiting talk". Is what it is.

Cal has been awful this year. I'm going to continue to hold out hope that we can somehow turn it around, but this team and Cal inspire zero confidence. I present a front of being overly optimistic because the negativity gets me down. But as of right now, there is zero to be positive about.

Everything everyone here has been saying about Cal and this team has been 100% true. If Cal cannot turn it around this year, then next year is his last shot. And I admit, it looks less likely with each game that things will turn around. If next year ends in disappointment as well, then Cal's time here will ultimately be a disappointment. Like I've said before, he'll be among the Tarkanians, Thompsons and Boeheims of the coaching tiers.

I know I like to say everything will be just fine, but we all know things will not be fine unless there are major changes. I would like to think Cal still has some magic left, but he's providing no evidence that would give anyone any reason to think that may be the case.

The ark is floating somewhere in the South Pacific. If the Bitch Boat sails by, your boy would appreciate a lift.

Rogue, people don’t get stranded at airports for 5-6 days every Christmas.
Answering this and then deciding if I want to read the in game redass or wait til the morning to listen to the post game show on the way to work.

No you’re right and that’s absurd. But there’s always news interviews with a bunch of mad people that are there for a day or two or lost their luggage or whatever, it’s just always a bad time to try and get through travel cleanly, but again I realize it’s Christmas and everyone wants to see family.

Laid over in Minneapolis one night due to snow and was super lucky to get one of the last hotel rooms. Hung at the bar for a bit before going there and this gal and I cozied up together.

Long story short, she didn’t have a room and I did so I invited her to take the bed and I’d take the couch. Well, that didn’t happen but you can guess what did.

Got home the next day and she had added me on FB, this is like 15 years ago, so I click on her profile. Military, married to a guy in the military and both active. Obviously declined that friend request and felt terrible but who knows maybe they have a deal and both do it all the time🤷🏼‍♂️.

As if tonights performance wasn’t bad enough, apparently that no good cock sucker has shut down my twitter machine too. F him right in the butt

The reality is it's over at the end of next year sans a national championship(s) lol. He's not walking for half and we aren't paying full. It's a no from stevens then Oats, Drew, Hurley tier. I'd still put Vogel at top of my list.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Cal has been awful this year. I'm going to continue to hold out hope that we can somehow turn it around, but this team and Cal inspire zero confidence. I present a front of being overly optimistic because the negativity gets me down. But as of right now, there is zero to be positive about.

Everything everyone here has been saying about Cal and this team has been 100% true. If Cal cannot turn it around this year, then next year is his last shot. And I admit, it looks less likely with each game that things will turn around. If next year ends in disappointment as well, then Cal's time here will ultimately be a disappointment. Like I've said before, he'll be among the Tarkanians, Thompsons and Boeheims of the coaching tiers.

I know I like to say everything will be just fine, but we all know things will not be fine unless there are major changes. I would like to think Cal still has some magic left, but he's providing no evidence that would give anyone any reason to think that may be the case.

The ark is floating somewhere in the South Pacific. If the Bitch Boat sails by, your boy would appreciate a lift.
This makes me sad.

He lost Vern. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT