ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I respect their work, I never enjoyed the sound of The Stones, Zepplin, Who, etc. Just not for me. Black Crowes and the “Southern Rock” junk can GGP. Loathe that sound.

Wild Horses was released first by the Flying Burrito Bros almost 2 yrs before the Stones recorded it. I can think of half a dozen covers that do it better than the Stones.

My god man, put some respect to their name.

- ‘Emotional Rescue’ was sadly missing from everyone’s top 5. That bass line is next level. Throw it on your best speakers and crank it to 11.

- Thing I always marveled at by all those bands of the late 60’s - 70’s is how they all follow a similar arc where they start out pretty basic, no complex songs / solos / drums. Then, as Hunter Thompson said, the drugs took hold.

Suddenly those basic 4 beat happy songs morphed into grandiose compositions with 2-4 layers of guitar arrangements, drums that’ll blow her skirt up and narratives about drugs, mythical creatures, sex and strung out sex mythical creatures.

My god man, put some respect to their name.

- ‘Emotional Rescue’ was sadly missing from everyone’s top 5. That bass line is next level. Throw it on your best speakers and crank it to 11.

- Thing I always marveled at by all those bands of the late 60’s - 70’s is how they all follow a similar arc where they start out pretty basic, no complex songs / solos / drums. Then, as Hunter Thompson said, the drugs took hold.

Suddenly those basic 4 beat happy songs morphed into grandiose compositions with 2-4 layers of guitar arrangements, drums that’ll blow her skirt up and narratives about drugs, mythical creatures, sex and strung out sex mythical creatures.
5 star post! Justa is now #4 on my ignore list.

Beatles are my fave but that four album streak of the Stones with Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street is pretty amazing. I'll listen to Aftermath, Some Girls, and Tattoo You but to me the Stones should have called it a career after that album and just stuck to touring. The Beatles just changed everything and so quickly you can't even really put them in perspective. Going from a lucky to get break, Love Me Do as a debut to seven years later releasing Abbey Road is the musical equivalent of Michael Jordan not making his high school team when he was a freshman to what he became.

There is something primal about the Stones when you hear Gimme Shelter, Can You Hear Me Knocking, Brown Sugar, Sympathy, Monkey Man, Paint It Black, and others that I can't explain it to you if you don't like it,

Reactions: HHKAT
If we’re talking about the best rock bands ever you gotta have Lenny Kravitz and Living Colour in your top five.

- Vern

Reactions: justa
Speaking of video games... the MsPacMan completing the vibe in the basement speakeasy has 412 games including Joust, Burgertime, Sinistar, Galaga, Frogger, Dig Dug and QBert...

those who know... know.

-Another wack take by Wayne. The Hendrix sound was so distinct and different.

-I’ve been into Fogerty and CCR lately. The man is a damn genius. Six records in 4 years. Tons of hits. The last album was terrible aside from the one song Fogerty did himself Someday Never Comes. That’s a great song if you haven’t listened to it.

There’s so many things going on here at once.

I’m with Bonz on the Zepplin love. Of the British Invasion they resonate the most with me. Prob go Stones>who> Beatles after that. I like and respect their music, but the Beatles are prob my least favorite of that group. Is what it is.

Cult of personality is a pretty sweet jam, but Hendrix is in his own stratosphere.

In terms of all time musical legends, where do the following fall in the rankings?

- ski mask the slump god
- a boogie wit da hoodie
- lil skies
- lil yachty
- lil peep
- lil wop
- lil baby
- lil dicky
- lil pump
- lil xan
- lil tracy
- lil mosey
- ynw melly
- youngboy never broke again
- smokepurpp
- ybn nahmir
- comethazine
- tee grizzley
- wifisfuneral
- ghostemane
- rico nasty
- blocboy jb
- jgrxxn

Just curious.

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
I’ll take Beatles over Stones, but none of the Beatles were ever as cool as this guy.

Reactions: blubo
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT