ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Designer jeans and an untucked closer with the sleeves rolled up?
Standard Joe's Jeans, Gamo loafs, navy sports coat, Behar button up tucked in.

Bonz went white henley, cream sports coat, designer jeans, a dress sneakers.

Pope was only wearing one of those large Lobster Style plastic bibs, IIRC.

- So Vern hates kids, The Masters and wants to die before 70? Sounds like a real hoot to be around.

- Put me in the camp that isn't big on basketball free agency. I get it for this year coming off covid, but really don't want to see a reshuffling of the deck every season. Regardless of how it plays out for every other school, I could see this new wrinkle as being Cal's new fetish and thinking grabbing players out of the lost & found bin > retaining players and developing them within the system.

- Gotta have crowds at the Masters or else it just falls flat on tv. No monster crowd roars when Piston Honda and Schauffle both throw in eagles on 15 Saturday, instead you can barely hear a golf clap. Just didn't have the same feel.

Congrats to Booker. The next Zoom call with the 🇯🇵should be a hoot!

- Baseball interest already teetering after a scorching 1-5 start for the Nats....

...maybe keep a few of your bats each offseason instead of letting them all go to Philly/St. Louis/ Anaheim, Lerners.

- *gasp* sport coats, what a bunch of rubes! 🙄 🙄

I love kids. That's why I'm a teacher. I just don't want any of my own. I hate golf but actually enjoy The Masters. I want to live well past 70. I just don't want to live past 90.

Hopefully Bonz was sporting Chuck's....otherwise, that was a faux pas.

d5f1274aa86dc64d01462f6cd47fb4f1.jpg

Speaking of Vern(e), anyone else think ol' boy was about to croak calling the 16th all weekend?

He sounded absolutely awful. I know the Augusta folks love a good pause to crescendo the drama, but I really thought he was having trouble breathing -- asking him to talk was even worse.

- Keeneland was absolutely amazing on Friday. More Turf Catering staff and it would have been perfect. Reduced headcount creates a bottleneck for the people waiting in line for drinks -- thought they wanted more social distance? Makes no sense.

- McClung is dope but I'm not sure how I feel. Heard he carries a ton of baggage. He's a gamer but he doesn't shoot well and his A/TO ratio sucks. I just don't know. Especially when Cal passed on Powell because the rumors of Powell's camp wanting just 1 year only..

- The Makers 2021 Wood Finishing 'Stave' bottle is fantastic. Much better than 19 and 20, IMO. Saw a bunch online for sale at Sam's in Nicholasville.

- The phlox are amazing right now. Easy to maintain. Should be a staple for anyone, esp with staggered heighted flower feds and rocks. Great ground cover.

- So I Married An Axe Murderer on Prime last night. Still holds up. Mike Meyer's dad is absolutely fantastic. Sadface at the Phil Hartman cameo, though. #gonetoosoon

Last edited:
Speaking of pools, at the gym right now on my “off” day just to get that pool pump. Meeting up with the new blondie and some friends at the pool at 11. Masters will be on the flats, cold ones being brought poolside on trays of 10, gals wearing less than bikinis, I’ll be sporting the short shorts, live music, shewee might be good we have rain coming in at 4 so we can’t get too loose there.

So how was the getting pumped at the pool by blondie ? "Blondie gonna give it to ya" had to be running thru your mind while he was putting in work.

I kid, I kid, but it was worded very bad, and was placed perfectly on a tee.

Gardening szn:

-lost(removed) two 50yo blue spruce that were dead/dying. Replacing with a cloud 9 dogwood and a river birch.

^changes the "sunlight" sitch drastically in my back yard.

-moving a bunch of hosta/lily of the valley/wild ginger is easy. Worried about the giant laurel(3) that resided under one of the spruce trees...July/aug/Sept is gonna be tough.

-have about 20 small shrubs/perennials to get in the ground this week. Labor of love, gang.

-ordered a nice bare root wollerton old hall climbing rose from england...nice "pale apricot" repeat bloomer.

-annuals are bullshit.

Speaking of pools, at the gym right now on my “off” day just to get that pool pump. Meeting up with the new blondie and some friends at the pool at 11. Masters will be on the flats, cold ones being brought poolside on trays of 10, gals wearing less than bikinis, I’ll be sporting the short shorts, live music, shewee might be good we have rain coming in at 4 so we can’t get too loose there.

So how was the getting pumped at the pool by blondie ? "Blondie gonna give it to ya" had to be running thru your mind while he was putting in work.

I kid, I kid, but it was worded very bad, and was placed perfectly on a tee.
If you insist on posting nonsensical jibberish that no one cares about, can you at least be concise? Adding empty spacing between your post's last sentence only increases the time it takes everyone to scroll past it and, regarding your idiotic rambling, every millisecond counts.

- Spent most of the weekend at the all women's pro powerlifting meet in Cincy and saw one of my good friends and training partners hit the all time world record squat in the 148 weight class. Just 570 lbs, no big deal. And then another friend took the heaviest women's squat of all time: 880 lbs. Both had more in the tank. Unreal and so proud of both. Amazing weekend, and the soothing "hello friends" narration of the Masters made for an excellent nap afterwards. (Snoozer of a Masters, though.)

Oh, and another woman squatted 615, benched 415 and deadlifted 630 (all time world record). She might be the T1000. Unreal.

If anyone needs me I'll be working my ass off for my next meet this fall. RIP.

- Any other kids transfers out this weekend while I wasn't paying attention? I won't miss guys like Askew, but man, I really hate the transfer portal free agency trend.

- If anyone needs a giggle, Crime in Sports episode #235 is about Charles Barkley. My favorite story was his DUI in Scottsdale where he had a pack of wine coolers and bear claws in his front seat at 1:30 am and told the cop he ran the stop sign because he was headed to get a BJ. What a legend.

Am I correct in assuming someone who puts that much pressure on their joints with those weights will basically be crippled and unable to move and walk normally when older?

Not necessarily. There were several 50+ year old competitors this weekend. Actually not uncommon to see "masters" lifters (aka over 40, but usually 50-60 years old) at most meets. One of the owners of a company called Kabuki Strength just deadlifted 520 lbs on his 72nd birthday. So some will definitely be rekt in their old age, but it's not a given. Nutrition, genetics, injury history, the lifter's other habits (mobility work, regular blood work, cardio, whether or not they use recreational drugs/drink/smoke) and of course steroid use all factor in. ETA and also the athlete's sports background. Some of us got into this because we have zero hand-eye coordination, others have many many miles on their bodies from wrestling, football, track, etc.

Last edited:
I just heard on the radio that Michael Eaves gets to play Augusta today. I don't like golf but that's cool.
Glad to hear Michael is playing the course. Eaves is my personal friend and fraternity brother. He deserves it.

The guy can effin smash the ball. Good player when he controls his long game.

My nephew writes for Golf Digest and one writer each year is drawn from a hat to play as well. Unfortunately for him, he has yet to draw the short straw.

- bourbon, oysters, Freddie, vino, Collingsworth Filet, creme brulee then home to toke and watch some Chappelle Show. Pretty sweet Saturday evening.

- I wore khakis, canvas shoes/belt, and an untucked polo button up. If that bothers you GGP

- tball game was great, kids had a blast. Coaches had them tuned out in the first inning. I'm thinking some ritalin for the kids and we can win out.

- heading to the lake for some crappie later this week. Packing my henley's and PFG.

- the weather 😎

"bench 415"

I'm a 210lb guy who lifts regularly, can push some decent weight, and I'm no where near that. Probably 120-150lbs under that. I've never tried. That's gotta be roids, right?

Is that a serious question? hahaha. She's a genetic freak and works her ass off but um yes, there are some PEDS involved.*

and beagle yes, such video can be found on my Only Fans. I mean, Instagram.

*for legal reasons, this should say "allegedly."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT