ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say a LOT of powerlifters are on gear. Hell, anyone competing is most likely using gear and half the guys at my gym are and they don’t even compete, just want to be huge. Proud of my natty status, personally.

Just got awarded the Cheddars in Paducah, and immediately call our vendor to lock in the 3/4 plywood boards which the vendor has shut down because they don’t have enough supplies to produce said product.

Headed for fun times!

- Impressive numbers 🥨, with or without assistance #notthattheresanythingwrongwiththat

- Dumbbells > straight bar, if you can lift more than 135 and want to avoid rotator cuff surgery.

Going through PT on my right wing now for not learning that lesson sooner and seems like dry needling is not a form of witchcraft...would recommend.

- Looking at a new set of clubs...Mizuno or Titleist, golf balls?

- Lol at the Great Lakes state and the ish show there. Nice to see we've learned so much over the past 13 months.

- These are exclusively reserved for noodling on the drums or flossing a 3 piece suit.

After 2 bad AC joints and both elbows from heavy bench pressing in my younger days, I can confirm it's not the best idea. It's all lighter weight dumbbell presses for me these days.

Can confirm lumber prices are insanely expensive right now. If you thought about building a new home, you might want to re-think that idea.

JMO, Mizuno is just better at making Irons than about everyone else.

Reactions: Bonzo Cat
- Impressive numbers 🥨, with or without assistance #notthattheresanythingwrongwiththat

- Dumbbells > straight bar, if you can lift more than 135 and want to avoid rotator cuff surgery.

Going through PT on my right wing now for not learning that lesson sooner and seems like dry needling is not a form of witchcraft...would recommend.

- Lol at the Great Lakes state and the ish show there. Nice to see we've learned so much over the past 13 months.

- These are exclusively reserved for noodling on the drums or flossing a 3 piece suit.

I just replaced Mizuno blades with Titleist AP-3's and have hit more greens in the last month per round than I did all of last season. Really happy with them so far.

bodyweight exercises only, heavy on the cardio and trying to add yoga a couple times a week so I can walk when i'm old.

Hit a few different forgiving irons that arent equivalent to a mortgage payment... feel like there are way too many options out there to even list. You aren't going to be hitting buckets every week grinding away getting ready for your member/member, but if youre going to be frequenting your place in Naples then you can't show up with dusty old sticks down at those courses.

Reactions: HUBER and Bonzo Cat
Get fitted. If you purchase from the place that fits you, they waive the fitting fee (which isn't all that much anyway).

If you don't want to get fitted and are dead set on either Titleist or Mizuno, you can't really go wrong with either. Then it becomes narrowing down which set is best for your game. If you want a GYERO fitting, provide the following and we'll get you close.

• Do you like blades (doubt it), compact but gamer distance irons, or game-improvement irons (bulky and forgiving but not much feel)?
  • How far do you hit your 7 iron? Note, this does not mean how far CAN you hit it.
  • Is forgiveness or workability more important to you?
  • What's your handicap?

bodyweight exercises only, heavy on the cardio and trying to add yoga a couple times a week so I can walk when i'm old.

Hit a few different forgiving irons that arent equivalent to a mortgage payment... feel like there are way too many options out there to even list. You aren't going to be hitting buckets every week grinding away getting ready for your member/member, but if youre going to be frequenting your place in Naples then you can't show up with dusty old sticks down at those courses.

Naples area course rentals are equivalent to what they carry on the Korn Ferry tour...LOL

Hell no to blades. Have Callaway graphite irons but don't really care for them, tbh, because they are more bulky.

I'd say 120ish. If I get a hold of it, 150.

Since I'm not a regular, forgiveness > workability.

Never tried to figure out a handicap and truly only measure myself with other golfers by height. If I can find the little scorecard pencil, I'd be happy to break 100....

...and having typed that all I'll take your advice and hit up GHG and look into a few lessons.

Got to that place on Shebyville Rd. Swing once for them. Buy the clubs they give you.

Golf Galaxy in St Matt’s. Hard NO

Golf HQ in Middletown. Yes. Best golf store anywhere.

Get what feels good & performs for you with a professional & ignore anything else. There is no such thing as “best”.

-Kessler to Auburn. Damn. Nice pickups with he, Jasper & Green from EKU + 5+ Jabari Smith.

These schools are idiots for ignoring Pearl.

Last edited:
Bourbon Raffle! It's for a fund a few friends and I set up in memory of our buddy who passed away in September.

We actually have over 100 bottles now. There will be at least 30 winners.

Here is a link to get chances. $10 per.

https://forms.gle/xkv3485MrrduVhs37

And here is a link to the Chris Krentz Memorial Facebook page to learn more.

Chris Krentz Memorial Fund

Last edited:
Just got awarded the Cheddars in Paducah, and immediately call our vendor to lock in the 3/4 plywood boards which the vendor has shut down because they don’t have enough supplies to produce said product.

Headed for fun times!

grab a chainsaw and figure it out Krazy- Paducah needs this Cheddars.

Yes, because what Paducah needs is another chain style restaurant. Pretty sure we have the most chain style/fast food joints per capita in the state.

Trade you 5 modern southern cuisine restaurants for Patti's. All the steak frites, pork chops with chutney, and airline chicken your heart desires. Husk the best or worst thing ever for Southern Cuisine?

I’ll never forgive the Lyles for opening Nash’s Southern and killing their BBQ. I was excited for it to open and then the menu showed their “modern twist on classic favorites” 🤢

Last edited:
Reactions: funKYcat75
Trade you 5 modern southern cuisine restaurants for Patti's. All the steak frites, pork chops with chutney, and airline chicken your heart desires. Husk the best or worst thing ever for Southern Cuisine?

I’ll ask Chip and Michael Lee and get back with you. However, I refuse to give up the cheese sticks and the house salad with the hot bacon vinaigrette. You can have the pork chop.

Reactions: 80 Proof
So Jemarl Baker is transferring again, this time to Fresno State? Has to be a weird college experience playing with a brand new team 3 of 4 years, learn a whole new campus, friends, etc. Might be interesting to see multiple campuses that intimately, idk.

Bonzo, IMO, Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metals or Titleist T300.

But, again, get fitted if you’re going to drop the cash on new sticks.

I have no issues with college kids transferring, but I do think schools should be able to have some flexibility in terms of what they offer.

For example, suppose you are a 4-star WR. Alabama may say, sure you can come here but you have to stay 3 years. Whereas, a Kentucky could offer the same player a 1-year deal with a 4-year player option. Would make it more interesting and flexible for the players and schools alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT