ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2 passes from Bird and Magic that I linked were on a completely different level from your Curry pass. But good point nonetheless.

OMG CURRY DID A BEHIND THE BACK :scream::eek: PASS LAST NIGHT!!!111!>>> INTO A BOUNCE PASS!!!!!!11111

WHAT???111? o_O

DAT ISH CRAY CRAY.

-1.gif

Sorry the pass you linked wasn't as hype as you want it to be...even though it happened last night.

F u twitter dot com, for surrendering "favorite" for pussyfied heart "like"

How hype do I want it to be? Just shared a cool play by the World Champion MVP who's averaging 40ppg and beating contenders by 50.

Again, what point are you trying to make? That Curry is overrated & overhyped? That Nate Archibald disagrees?

Still my favorite Bird moment. Knows he misses it, immediately takes off to rebound, rebounds in air and swishes it with the left.

Curry was apparently a scratch golfer at one time and is on this months cover of golf digest.
Golf-Digest-2015-12-Cover-Stephen-Curry.jpg

* Tyler Ulis has the court vision of a dude a foot taller than him. There's no way a 5'8 guy ought to be able to see the things he sees on the court and take the angles he takes. It's his team and they're all going to take on his persona by the end of the year, which is good. 241 assists is the record. That's 6 per game for 40 games plus one more. I think he'll shatter that record unless he gets struck by lightning.

* Obviously small sample size against a small opponent, but we can't make up reasons not to play Marcus Lee anymore. He's good, and he's ready. I can deal with one guy on the team not hitting FTs when he does everything else that Marcus Lee does.

* Still trying to come up with a decent player comp for Jamal Murray, and I'm struggling. Guy was all over the court, impacted the game as much as anybody, but did it in such an unassuming style with such a non-flashy game. And then we know he's going to take over the game during winning time because he did it in the Hoop Summit and again playing for Canada in the Pan-Am games... maybe Scotty Thurman? I'm sure Geese will like this because Thurman didn't play one second in the NBA.

I really do want to get out in front on this before Jon Rothstein beats me to it. He nailed Karl Towns last year with Channing Frye.

* This bunch is going to be awfully tough to defend. Bristol said it earlier, the first coach who plays a sagging 2-3 zone because that's what has historically been the most effective against Kentucky is a big ol' goof. But if you play man, there will be at least 2, sometimes 3 guys who can take their man off the dribble at will, and when Marcus Lee is in the game, all 5 guys will be able to fire off a NICE PASS OH WHAT A PASS. /Conley

Box & 1, obviously.

* Was it just me, or did Skal have the quietest 18 points ever last night? He's got such a weird effective offensive game. He gets so much lift on his jump hook and his turnaround jumper, like Ralph Sampson or something. Very unusual, but very effective, and probably ahead of schedule, at least on that end of it. The defense will come around. All of our shot blockers in this era bit on all kinds of fakes early on except Anthony Davis, who is a witch and doesn't count.

* Cranky old man basketball take: They changed the rule this year and you're now allowed to dunk in layup lines. This is fine. Call it the K-State rule. But if you miss, you should be thrown out of the game. I worked a Centre scrimmage last week where 5 dudes on the other team missed dunks in the layup line. In fact, you should be able to write in the score book "DNP - MISSED DUNK IN LAYUP LINE, LOL."

* One of my favorite plays last night was when we posted up Briscoe on the right block and he kicked it back out to Ulis for a three, which of course he made. That was an interesting look, and I know that might be tough to do against most other teams, but I love the idea of posting up a guard and letting him create, like Mark Jackson used to do.

* Timberwolves did get jobbed pretty bad last night. This double foul/no-call on a jump ball (Wolves down 2) was called on just Karl Towns. Referee who called the foul couldn't see Plumlee grabbing Towns. The other two referees on the play were standing behind Plumlee.

CS2-FufXAAAe7c9.png

I guess pay your dues, rookie.

* Now I want to see Duke play. See how good their freshmen are, see if they're really playing Matt Jones at point guard, see if they're in typical Duke November form, i.e. way better than everybody else at this point.

I enjoy watching Curry playing basketball. Great player. Probably Top 50 ever. He definitely is benefiting from playing in the new wide open NBA.

Just don't flip out over a routine behind the back pass by a NBA player on a fast break. It was a nice play. But the way that link was written...BEHIND THE BACK...INTO A BOUNCE PASS...WHAT??? [sick] That's not even a Top 50 Curry highlight.

Scotty Thurman was a slow catch & shoot player...was nothing crafty about him.

That's awful.
Thurman was craftier than you think. He was a maker of buckets. Not just catch & shoot, even though that was what he did best. Had a good catch at the elbow-2 dribbles to the FT line-flop shot move.

Still better than Darnell Dodson = Wesley Person, whoever said that (I know it wasn't you)

The first coach that scouts us with 2014-2015 game tape will be sorely mistaken, indeed.

I can't wait to see the look on that rascal's face right before tip when he scrambles for a roster of THIS year's team. [smoke]
Pretty common in the coaching fraternity to watch film of a completely different roster/team to develop a gameplan. I think BristolCat was on to something. I've heard a lot of coach's will be looking at tapes of Oklahoma State to prepare for UK.

- Murray's a true combo- as comfortable (actually more so) with the ball in his hands than off the ball. Thurman was essentially a SF. Didn't really have the elite ball skills to play the 2, which is why he never made it in the NBA. He's NOT Curry- not the shooter or passer, and certainly not the ballhandler quite yet- but he has that kind of game- creative, a shotmaker, good vision, smooth.

- I'll say it again, we're going to be in for a bit of a shock as fans as soon as we run into a physical team inside. No Randle, WCS or Johnson; and certainly no WCS, Towns, Johnson and Lyles. Skal isn't ready for the warriors yet. Poythress is but you never know with that guy. We'll see on Lee.

- This team certainly drives and kicks better than any team Calipari has had (besides March 2011). Fun basketball.

- Ulis is in constant control- gliding around, surveying, probing, weaving between defenders- a true basketball savant.

- Again, there's NO WAY Matthews isn't in the rotation. Kid is our best athlete (not named Poythress), provides physicality and D, gets at the rim...and most importantly, doesn't need the ball.

Joshie really is the worst college basketball. Not because he doesn't know what he's talking about but because he thinks he knows more than he does and tries to be cute with a heavy does of arrogance. Pretty terrible combination.

Joshie really is the worst college basketball. Not because he doesn't know what he's talking about but because he thinks he knows more than he does and tries to be cute with a heavy does of arrogance. Pretty terrible combination.

I LOVE Joshie's arrogance. The best part about GYERO is you have about 50 sportsies and college basketballs who think they know more than anyone else butting heads and condescending to each other. Cracks me up. Arrogance fuels the thread.

I just hope dude actually enjoys the season this year and isn't a negative prick all season long. That's his problem- not his arrogance.

I'll say it again, we're going to be in for a bit of a shock as fans as soon as we run into a physical team inside. No Randle, WCS or Johnson; and certainly no WCS, Towns, Johnson and Lyles. Skal isn't ready for the warriors yet. Poythress is but you never know with that guy. We'll see on Lee.

How many teams this season even have a guy like that? This is the perfect year to be that team. Who has a big, thick, physical big man who can consistently score? There's no Jahlil Okafor or Frank Kaminsky out there. It's a weakness, but I'm not convinced there's a team out there that can consistently exploit it.

Poythress seems extra grumpy with his body language & in various interviews. Holding out hope bc I really like the kid but I'm fearing that he will have the same old issues. Last night he caught it on the baseline way too far in. Instead deciding to go up straight & rip the rim off on two NAIA players he dribbled it more in closer to the baseline and bricked a shot with a very difficult angle. His lack of understanding positioning & angles drives me crazy. If he wasn't feeling the dunk... Fine. Pivot the other way towards the paint and you have a much clearer look at the basket.

Really concerned about how we will matchup with a team full of bruisers. We just don't have much beef at all inside unless Humprhies comes a long way in a short period of time.

Realize we were playing the equivalent of Poop St last night but Lee just looks so much more confident out there.

When we get established Cal will use the following 8 man rotation:

*Ulis
*Murray
*Briscoe
*Skal
*Lee
*Poythress
*Matthews
*Humphries

Willis or Mulder will earn some spot minutes here & there depending on the situation. Willis will always be a liability on defense and Cal will never look past that.

How many teams this season even have a guy like that? This is the perfect year to be that team. Who has a big, thick, physical big man who can consistently score? There's no Jahlil Okafor or Frank Kaminsky out there. It's a weakness, but I'm not convinced there's a team out there that can consistently exploit it.
Won't take one that can score and WCC didn't say anything about scoring but we'll run into tons of physical teams. Vandy will do this. Jones can score. TAMU. I'm just assuming UGA has two big hacking honks. UL obviously has big lugs that will bang.

They're not just going to sit back in man and allow us to beat them off the dribble.

Won't take one that can score and WCC didn't say anything about scoring but we'll run into tons of physical teams. Vandy will do this. Jones can score. TAMU. I'm just assuming UGA has two big hacking honks. UL obviously has big lugs that will bang.

They're not just going to sit back in man and allow us to beat them off the dribble.
You're forgetting that most teams will actually be preparing for last years UK team so we're all good.

*edited
I LOVE Joshie's arrogance. The best part about GYERO is you have about 50 sportsies and college basketballs who think they know more than anyone else butting heads and condescending to each other. Cracks me up. Arrogance fuels the thread.

I just hope dude actually enjoys the season this year and isn't a negative prick all season long. That's his problem- not his arrogance.

Anth calling me out for being arrogant, lulz. He has no decent sports takes other than the effing Tour DeFag and the treacherous climbs of K2 and Everest. He has no clue what is up or down when it comes to basketball or football other than being a K-Fund mouthpiece. "ITS FINE WE'RE FINE FINE" OK, Martin Newton - thanks. I gloss over your shit on the reg, buddy. Faldo thinks you suck, too.

As far as being a negative prick-- don't really see that transpiring. I love the makeup of this team and have said as much multiple times over the past few months. I love love love small ball and having guards who know how to play is the name of the game in CBB. I don't care to lose a few games. I'm a huge 'trending towards March' guy so they can lay some eggs here and there. The semblance of the DDM they ran last night was BONERSOUP for me. Granted the competition was jackshit but it looked really smooth in spots, think it comes most naturally to Briscoe & Murray. Beautiful stuff. They'll be damned near impossible to guard when they're ON from outside.

- Wasn't O Antigua the cat who made the comp to Wesley Person?

- I think Jamal Murray is going to be a very very good college basketball player and a good pro for many years = HE SUCKS. Good to see GYERO Hyperbole is in full swing. Can't tell you kids nothing. Scotty Thurman? lol. I like the po' man's Brandon Roy comp, myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT