ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sky walker? Get out of here. That guy is as rare as bigfoot. He is never around.
You're right, it was lame for an average Kentucky fan to stand in the tunnel next to him and high five the last championship team as they took the court. I forget how common things like that are for a guy like you.

Apparently the end of Season 1 is the "real beginning" of the show...

Regardless, depressed it's over.

Need a new show to have on deck for Friday nights...nothing really interests me at the moment.

Interesting...it's definitely a rewatchable show. I'm sure there's all kinds of stuff that I didn't pick up on.

Also, I've always had a thing for Linda Cardellini. She looks pretty much exactly the same as she did on Freaks and Geeks.

Just go back and watch some great show from the last 10-15 years that you didn't watch during its original run.

Interesting...it's definitely a rewatchable show. I'm sure there's all kinds of stuff that I didn't pick up on.

Also, I've always had a thing for Linda Cardellini. She looks pretty much exactly the same as she did on Freaks and Geeks.

She's unreal -- didn't even pick up/notice she was the chick from Mad Men until I read about it. I'm terrible with shit like that....:(

Not having HBO access kinda limits my options. I do have Prime, so there are *some* options. Don't feel like my lass would truly "get" or appreciate The Wire.

How's Oz? Treme? Other recs (Netflix or Prime)....considered SOA as well.

Also notice many British shows pop up on just about every "best things on Netflix/etc" lists.

As far as look on the court, body type and all, Charles Matthews looks a lot like Derek Anderson.

Started watching Spartacus a couple weeks ago and holy shit it's phenomenal. Tons of gratuitous blood, gore and nudity.

How's Oz? Treme? Other recs (Netflix or Prime)....considered SOA as well.

Oz is ok. It went a season or so too long and really jumped the shark, IMO. I do like Treme. It has a lot about the city interwoven into it as well as just the overall storyline.

The entire series of The Shield is on Amazon Prime. Main character is a short bald guy with a bad attitude.

If we have a boy it will be a jr, as pretty much every guy in my lineage has the same first name, though every so oftern a middle name gets altered- which is what happened to me.

Pretty sure my wife has had girls names chosen long before I ever met her, and they are likely dual names that include her grandmother's maiden name or the name of some distant aunt i never met.

Last edited:
Words fall from your mouth like shit from ass.

Spartacus has changed the way I talk and quite frankly, my sales have never been better. This isn't a coincidence.

Deadwood is pretty awesome, BBdK...and it's on Amazon Prime. Never seen The Shield, but Six Feet Under is the best finale I've ever seen. Not sure it's BBdK's type of show however.

FIFA was getting pretty damn bold, obviously never expecting blow-back from giving Qatar a WC. [laughing] The hatred fans have for the NCAA pales in comparison to the international fan hatred of FIFA. They are making the arrests the eve of the vote for the FIFA president and just read they're now holding the current president for questions in Switzerland.

Last edited:
Six Feet Under is one of my favorite shows of all time...but it's really dark. It's weird, but not overly weird. Actually, *kind of* like Bloodline in that it revolves around a dysfunctional family and the acting is really, really good.

The more I think about it, the more I think you may dig it...especially if it's a show you and your wife watch together.

And I agree regarding the series finale. Shewee, bub... about as good as television gets.

Side note: they open every episode with some random person's death. Man... just dark.

The Finals = weak Western Conference team. East was a gauntlet. LeBron era is exact opposite.

If the Cavs beat the Warriors that talk will grow quiet. If they don't then.....

FALSE and FALSE. West is by far the toughest conference. The West 9 seed would have had home court in the Eastern Conf Playoffs.

Per JPScott, UNC kept Hairston just long enough to not suffer on APR and cut him lose almost immediately after the fall semester. And naturally, never pursued anything with the NCAA so they wouldn't have to answer for the gun, the drugs and why Fats wife was declaring kids learning disabled.

[laughing]

But the APR is complete bullshit, right? I mean, the freshmen aren't exactly crushing 400 level accounting courses. They just need to finish the spring semester in whatever pushover classes they have and we're golden.

I mean, I'm more than fine with it and all but just wanted to confirm.

But the APR is complete bullshit, right? I mean, the freshmen aren't exactly crushing 400 level accounting courses. They just need to finish the spring semester in whatever pushover classes they have and we're golden.

I mean, I'm more than fine with it and all but just wanted to confirm.

Yeah, but it just goes to show you how much academics matter to college athletes.. The big accomplishment here is that Cal convinces all of our NBA early entries to have enough respect for the program to actually finish out their semester instead of just quitting (well, besides Daniel Orton).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT