ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
in an era where shock value, the whims of pre teen minorities, and the wishes of over indulged marketing executives drive college sports uniforms into embarrassingly terrible new lows, it's nice to see nike finally get something right for a change. how dare you support the bastardizing of our school colors, but admonish a fresh, clean, contemporary looking kick.

you're a fool, sae.

oh, and GET PUMPED.

#team bjw sneaker

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Maybe it's just me, but my expectations are at 0 for Poythress. Even when he gets 100% physically, I'll be shocked if mentally he can overcome the injury and become what we've all hoped.

I'm prepared to be pleasantly surprised. You certainly won't see me dog cussing him on here for poor performances, because I honestly expect it.

Chad's outfit Saturday night.

Untied shin-level Duck Boots
Tightrolled jeans tucked into them
UK Tee
Unbuttoned flannel shirt.

o_O

For someone who constantly rails on hipsters, I found that amusing.
Doesn't matter anymore anyway. With a 5 day trip planned over Christmas, the kid is DONE.

#freechad

Maybe it's just me, but my expectations are at 0 for Poythress. Even when he gets 100% physically, I'll be shocked if mentally he can overcome the injury and become what we've all hoped.

I'm prepared to be pleasantly surprised. You certainly won't see me dog cussing him on here for poor performances, because I honestly expect it.
Yeah. I'm in the same boat. I'll probably even get a little misty-eyed the first time he tries to drive baseline, has nowhere to go, and then has to make a difficult pass back out to the wing.

Chad's girl is awesome, btw. As is the new grown-up Chad. Didn't even get grumpy or bitch about anything a single time that I recall. Just kinda went with the flow, even enjoyed himself at a food market & spending the afternoon with little kids & families that we were with.

She's a bit of a foodie/wino too, which makes me happy.

Poythress is a unique guy. Usually when someone doesn't pan out, they didn't have the tools or they were a knucklehead. He has all the physical tools and is the opposite of a knucklehead. He's just too passive and has the self-confidence of Charlie Brown.

People railed on WCS for not "loving" basketball his entire time here...

...I feel that way about Poythress. Unlike Willie, he hasn't really improved on his weaknesses as a basketball player a single bit since his freshman year.

We need him to be bigtime this year.

Well, if we need him to be bigtime this year, we are in trouble. But i don't agree, we don't need him to be bigtime, we need him to do a few specialty things such as defend and rebound.

Reactions: Mashburned
^ if he does that, he'll be bigtime for THIS team. We need Bahamas Alex. Or clutch-time 2014 NCAAT Alex. Run the floor, be in position to finish, and rebound.

He's the only physical guy in the frontcourt, and he needs to play like it. When he does, he's a beast despite his limitations. The flipside is him playing 24 minutes and never even knowing he was out there, which happens more often than not.

Alex.

Last edited:
Apparently Chewie showed up to vote yesterday but couldnt because he didnt have ID and then he got arrested.
Chewbacca-gets-arrested-in-Odessa-Ukraine-after-campaigning-for-Darth-Vader-on-regional-elections.jpg

Don't forget the dickwheats in baseball hats.

Tennis shoes with a suit is pretty stupid, but ragging on people for wearing a hat is kinda silly.

I coach baseball and will occasionally wear our hat out and about. Mostly due to the BALD.

Tennis shoes with a suit is pretty stupid, but ragging on people for wearing a hat is kinda silly.

I coach baseball and will occasionally wear our hat out and about. Mostly due to the BALD.

So you occasionally wear your baseball hat out and about in a suit?

- Good points on Poythress, but he's also played out of position for 3 years. Disappointing that he hasn't become a reliable shooter and- at least- a better ballhandler, though.

- Every modern urban female is a bit of a foodie/wino. If she's cooking/buying the groceries, she can buy whatever she wants. I'm not in the least bit a wine guy- just not my thing.

- Been waiting 20 years for the openface flannel look to become socially acceptable again.

He reminds me of those silly animated basketball gifs we post when he's doing anything except catching & dunking.

Love the kid, he just isn't very good at basketball -- never will be, imo. But, he can be outstanding in his role this season if he so chooses.

- The old man bought himself and I some Nike "Kentucky Dunks" back in like 86. Blue & White Air Force Ones with the Wildcat logo on the tongue.

I was 8 at the time and worshiped.

http://www.ukwildcatsblog.com/2010/02/uniform-history-the-kentucky-dunk.html

- Very intrigued by this team. Think Skal is going to be better offensively right now than Anthony Towns was last year. Towns was very raw, IMO, and kind of herky/jerky.

Skal's finesse skills are so advanced for a 6'11" 18 year old. He loves that up/under and what a mid range face up.

College ball is a guards' game. Glad we are leaning towards more of a 4 out & 1 in style with an emphasis on DRIBBLE DRIVE GEESE MOTION.

Duke last year went small. Winslow was practically their "4".

Really curious to see how Cal will play Ulis, Briscoe and Murray together.

It really does seem that Mulder may the odd man out with buzz that Matthews is better than what the coaches originally thought.

No clue what to expect from Poythress. Realize he's better playing the 4 but I think he's very limited ball skill wise and that may never change.

Guess he can be the best junk man/athlete in the country.

- At this point with their reactions it's fair to assume that 90% of UL fans are aliens.

Patrick Patterson wasn't driving or handling the ball. He did a lot of grunt work, scored on the block, ran the floor, defended, rebounded and developed a respectable mid-range jumper. Turned that into a lottery pick and a successful NBA career. Poythress could have that same game, he just doesn't have the right mentality 75% of the time. The telling stat is when Poythress has about 28 minutes and only 2-3 rebounds.

Skal is more Davis than Towns. I think he's a tad more advanced offensively but doesn't have Davis's freakish length so we'll have to see how he deals with the physicality of the college game.

Reactions: natron20
Meh, you could say that about a number of players.

His record seems pretty safe forever in this day of college basketball. Would take someone like a Ulis to break it, but he didn't score enough last year.

Hell, Doron Lamb would have gotten it had he stayed 4. Would have been like our Juan Dixon, All American...just a great college player who would dominate record books.

Aaron too, most likely.

Last edited:
Basketball Randoms...

**I think more than anything I'm really excited to watch Tyler Ulis run point for 30-35 minutes a game. That's an absolute pleasure regardless of what happens this year.

**Jamal Murray has a little cocky asshole in him and I like it. He seems like the kind of guy who claps and smiles when a foul is called on him.

**Not worried about Poythress because we don't need him now, we need him in March. He's got four months to figure out his role, get over the mental blocks, and get 100%. Like others have said: rebounds and put backs, defend, be a leader. That's it. That's all. No threes please.

**Controversial take: Humphries will be good in time, but isn't ready. Won't be in the rotation by late February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT