ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is horrendous, but we're still beating Vandy and Charlotte, and Louisville is shit just like we are so that's a coinflip. Could still easily win 7. This is the low point of the Stoops Era though. This is some back-to-square-one shit.

Just a systematical beatdown from start to finish. Pretty much beat in all facets of the game other than our placekicking. 6 wins looks like the ceiling.

We're playing a really good team that matches up well with us. Louisville played a shit sandwich today and nearly lost. That game is 50-50 at worst, and really we should be favored. Still, thought we were much better than this.

Our defense has dropped off significantly in the past 3 games. Not sure what the deal is. Can't get lined up, can't tackle - and it's getting worse.

For all the hype about Korem and our conditioning we looked gassed on both sides of the ball.

Just like last year, once we get half way through the season the lack of depth really kicks in and becomes a much bigger issue. We had tons of young guys who haven't gotten much run in the secondary during the first half and MSU took advantage of them.

I wish someone would calculate how many individual / team school records have been set vs UK football over the years (is that possible to calculate?)

~60+ years. Hope springs anew every 5-10 years or so, and everyone swears it's going to be different this time.

[poop]

Yawn, rinse, repeat.

(Except next year. I'm pretty sure we're going to kick some serious ass next year).

Pretty much. It's like plugging holes in a dam during a torrential downpour. You'll never have enough fingers. Stoops can get us to 6-6 or 7-5 and if he stays here 10+ years maybe 8-4...once, but that's the absolute ceiling. If he coaches here another 10 years about 3-4 of those years we won't make a bowl. The guy is a good football coach, but he isn't the dynamo, lightning in a bottle, holy shit we've hired the next Nick Saban/Urban Meyer that some would have you believe. He's a stand up double. And if this were the old 11 game season, with one less bought win, like the first 100+ years of UK football, we'd struggle to get to a bowl in half of the next ten years.

[laughing]@this abh take down of PTI on text chain. This is UK v UCLA 1st Qtr bad. Like if someone found my phone, even as a bystander, I'd go to jail. Maybe even death penalty. Poor Ursch.

Pretty much. It's like plugging holes in a dam during a torrential downpour. You'll never have enough fingers. Stoops can get us to 6-6 or 7-5 and if he stays here 10+ years maybe 8-4...once, but that's the absolute ceiling. If he coaches here another 10 years about 3-4 of those years we won't make a bowl. The guy is a good football coach, but he isn't the dynamo, lightning in a bottle, holy shit we've hired the next Nick Saban/Urban Meyer that some would have you believe. He's a stand up double. And if this were the old 11 game season, with one less bought win, like the first 100+ years of UK football, we'd struggle to get to a bowl in half of the next ten years.

so he's not as good as saban or urban meyer?

#taking notes

Elam sucked tonight. But maybe first rounder!?!

Thought Towles was fine, catch the freaking ball. His passes have been much tighter.

Our lines were awful.

Prescott had an unreal amount of time to throw.

Glad Barker got some snaps. There is no QB controversy.

So what was Stoops saying under his hands???

Gonna get murked next weekend.

First attempt at wings on the Egg was massive success. Thanks Anth.

This Earth.

Meh, Elam should have been redshirted. Period. Counting on a true sophomore nose tackle with no real help at end makes him look awful. He's not a pass rusher. That's not what he's there for.

Said 6-6 was successful on the season and I still think we get there. Said before the season this game was a sure loss and said yesterday I think we get spanked. Terrible matchup for us.

Take our licks next week then grab 2 of the final 4 and maybe 3 for more than most expected. Bowl game and look to next year.

Young, dumb, thin and banged up against a guy like Presscot. Recipe for disaster.

Fell asleep at halftime. That game got ugly really quickly.

Over the 9 was great last night. Cool space. Great burger. Good drinks. Who goes past 9th Street in Louisville???? Hope this place makes it.

Reactions: buckethead1978
Fell asleep at halftime. That game got ugly really quickly.

Over the 9 was great last night. Cool space. Great burger. Good drinks. Who goes past 9th Street in Louisville???? Hope this place makes it.

What happened to you man? Sigh, to be honest I am envious you could do it. It makes no sense to care about something that gives you no pleasure.

What time is the Vikings game?

Somnolence is a sign of depression. Tough times right now for 73 and the Louisville men.

smart football fan had this pegged as maybe our toughest game of the season. freddie maggard even wrote an entire article about it. but this is a 7 win team. maybe 8, including a bowl. you can see the talent all over the place, and we've improved significantly every year under stoops.

im embarrassed about last night, too, but if that's not good enough for you, you can get touching pumped.

Stoops can get us to 6-6 or 7-5 and if he stays here 10+ years maybe 8-4...once, but that's the absolute ceiling.

The guy is a good football coach, but he isn't the dynamo, lightning in a bottle, holy shit we've hired the next Nick Saban/Urban Meyer that some would have you believe.

we haven't won 8 regular season games since 1984. you realize that, right?

im not sure what idiots you're talking to that compare him to saban and meyer, but if we go 8-4, then he IS the lightning in a bottle holy shit yada yada whatever.

it's comical how incapable some of you are at putting things in perspective with kentucky football.

I think I initially had us as a 7-win team this year, especially with the overflow of home games. But I'm not sure which overall performance supports that.

There have been some flashes of great plays, but there have been a lot more head scratchers. And we may be improved from last year, we've still only beat some hapless conference opponents to go along with the wins we bought (which weren't exactly confidence builders themselves).

With Vandy being more competitive and tough defensively, and never really knowing what will happen in the UL game, our 7 wins could easily end up being 5.

If we are going to have a predictable STB game(s), then at some point Stoops and Co are going to have to beat a team that's better than we are. The rest of the conference isn't going to gift us opportunities to win games late like we've had this year. We may be better next year too, but this was a season we needed to steal an upset or two.

Reactions: WayneDougan
UK is a perennial bottom tier SEC team. Always has been. We know this. Once every 5-7 years the stars align and programs like UK can experience a mildly successful run. The best thing to do is temper expectations, let what seems to be a competent staff establish their culture, and develop a unique system.

Stoops is still recruiting his ass off and trying like hell week to week. He seems to want it as bad as us. As long as he appears to have that competitive edge, I'm willing to give him lots forgiveness in other areas, and you should too. 7 win season is still on the table, but 6 is very likely. So what? Remember we are who we are and enjoy the run when it happens. IMO.

Reactions: BlueThruAndThru
Beat Vandy, Charlotte, and UL and you can chalk this season up as a pretty big step in the right direction, IMO. Lose to one of those and still go to a bowl, still a step but I think the fans get kinda "meh". To miss a bowl after starting out 4-2 would be a disappointment.

I'm no football but I feel like we are incredibly vanilla on both sides of the ball all too often. It doesn't seem like Dawson is a conservative guy but a lot of our choices on offense seem to be, maybe that's at Stoops' preference. Teams are going to score a lot on us going forward without Lewis to anchor a d that had little margin for error as it was. Might have to start playing more aggressive on the other side of the ball.

Pti, had to get to bed early for the big Manchester showdown today.

I watched the coaches completely screw up the end of the 1st Half. Same as they did last week. Their mistakes put their kids in a position to fail. Who ices their own kicker? Who has no concept about killing clock to get to the half? I realize its a young coaching staff but this is basic shit they keep screwing up. And they should know better for what they are getting paid. It's sickening to watch to be honest.

They didn't ice our own kicker. It was going to be a delay of game. You can see the flag laying in the endzone as the kick was in the air.

Watching the game, I had the same reaction last night that I had last week: it's Amateur Hour out there with our staff.

They'll improve with more experience (I assume), but right now, it's brutal.

It isn't about "icing" the kicker. Why was the FG unit not ready to get out and execute a 49 yd FG without having a play clock issue? Stoops called timeout to preserve the distance but spends the time chewing the shit out of the refs for UK's shitty preparedness. So either the play clock was effed up and Stoops was pissed about having to call a TO or the special teams unit is special.

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
actually, if kentucky is going to ice their own kicker....

...f*** it. im done for good.

gonna auction off my fanship on ebay, and sell my currently loyalty on craigs list.

#team73

It isn't about "icing" the kicker. Why was the FG unit not ready to get out and execute a 49 yd FG without having a play clock issue? Stoops called timeout to preserve the distance but spends the time chewing the shit out of the refs for UK's shitty preparedness. So either the play clock was effed up and Stoops was pissed about having to call a TO or the special teams unit is special.
That's a good point. As pointed out, our staff has to get better at the little things such as that. He could have been chewing on them because of play clock issues which I've seen floating around.

Honestly, I thought we'd go for it there. And we should have.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT