ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if back entrance to Keeneland will be open for Breeders Cup? Also, anyone know best route to this entrance coming from I64?

No one without a parking pass is getting near keeneland even uber has been restricted. Best bet from 64 is bus from horse park.

I had heard uber is one of the only ways in. Drivers with some kind of emblem are able to get in to a special taxi lane or something. No?

Yes certain uber drivers have to have a pass as well is my understanding. Not sure on the back entrance we have a hill pass Friday and have a car arranged for sat. Anyway you do it going to be waiting for a while.

Someone else can probably take the 64 question. Should be a fun week.

You can buy a parking pass at Rupp, the Horse Park, or Whitaker Bank Ball Park to take the shuttle in. There are a few cab companies and uber that can drop off as well.

most of you dweebs will spend more time planning on how to get to the breeders cup than you will actually being at the breeders cup.

my lass has been glued to the sofa since 8am. it's amazing how frequently she can make it thru an entire day without leaving the house.

abh was the big winner last night. silly drunk. sent a slew of racially charged smack talking emails. banged his uber driver. only rated her 4 out of 5 stars. a slap in the face perhaps, but she also peed his bed. i love that guy. put him on the list of buddies who deserve a 24 hour go pro.

Reactions: buckethead1978
Except punting our ST play has been better than last year. And the punting is just Foster's ability issues, not coverage. We've had one (maybe two, as I'm still not sure what happened with the TO last night. Looked like a play clock malfunction or discrepancy) ST screw up all year. We clearly need a ST coordinator to correct a mistake that didn't actually cost us in any way :rolleyes:. Bring back backwards hat guy, dolts

[roll]@ idiots getting mad our ST coach wore his hat backwards. What a bing of douches. Had forgotten all about that. Poor dude got bashed.
Well he was replaced with nothing and there is no real difference since we just remain mediocre at best.

I can only hope that Backwards Hat Dude's salary isn't going to Matthew Mitchell's concerts. Beyond that, happy trails brah.

Backwards Hat Guy is going to get the last laugh. His boss will most likely land a gig at a football factory in the near future. I'm sure he will go along.

Well he was replaced with nothing and there is no real difference since we just remain mediocre at best.

I can only hope that Backwards Hat Dude's salary isn't going to Matthew Mitchell's concerts. Beyond that, happy trails brah.

Coach Naviar isn't doing too bad, Defensive coordinator and 500k at Houston, who are also ranked.

Matt May still addressing what channel the game is on.

Make sure and remember to ask him what channel the Breeder's Cup is on at least once this week. I'm sure he'd love that.

I mean...

Screenshot_2015-10-25-16-10-56-1_zps94r9xrsl.png

That doesn't exactly pass your smell test. Even though it's fake I could see them wearing something like that.

the opinions of middle aged white people are irrelevant, guys. do black children like it?? yep. that is ALL that matters.

the opinions of middle aged white people are irrelevant, guys. do black children like it?? yep. that is ALL that matters.
In recruiting? Sure.

In a message board discussion between a bunch of olds? No, it's appropriate to be mocked.

Looking kinda interesting for Da ville. Pick up wins against Wake and Syracuse, we are their ticket to a bowl.

Pick up wins against Wake and Syracuse and they still have a game against 2-5 Virginia to get them bowl eligible.

Deener doing his best to avoid the topic today and I don't really blame him. As someone who loves the scandal I'm pretty much over rehashing the situation. They do need to grill Pitino for being a giant pussy but other than that hopefully this thing drags out for months and maybe even next summer.

Saw "Bridge of Spies" yesterday, pretty solid flick.

Lass got a new phone yesterday. Verizon was offering $300 for trade in, I had an iphone 4 sitting in a drawer collecting dust, boom-dad now has a GoPro.

The Thriller parade and Mummies concert last night looked pretty dope.

Feeling pretty confident Tennessee will be a repeat of last year.

Monday Morning Takes:

- Helluva weekend that included getting to hang out with ABH and BBdK on Saturday. Hit up Findlay Market, Yardhouse, ABH's new crib and Tin Roof for the game. Needless to say, I feel like shit today.

- The lass thinks those two idiots are hilarious. Loved them. Guess they lived up to the hype. She was afraid dK's head was going to pop off during the game, "he's crazy during the game, he looked so mad." And said ABH offered her a shot/drink every 5 minutes. Learn partying with BBdK and ABH. Possibly my favorite two people to go out with. [laughing]

- I probably underrate Findlay Market a bit. I'm not a foodie, of course, but there is so much good stuff.

- First time at Tin Roof since basketball season. I don't know why but the place just feels like home to me- they all do, even the one in Indy had that feel.

- Kentucky football. What else can you say? We're recruiting better. Our facilities are getting better. But still- no matter how well we do, it's never going to be any better than 10ish in our own damn conference. Enjoy the build, I guess. Seems '16 and '17 will be the time for us if we have it.

- Finally tried Southern Tier's Pumking and it was delicious. It's #1 on all those beer lists and for good reason. Call me whatever you want, but I love pumpkin beer. I like Christmas ale better, but pumpkin right after and then Oktoberfest.

- I'm taking off work and headed to Keeneland on Friday. My buddy and his family and in-laws have three tailgating spots so I figured why not take the day off. Plus, he's Married Guy so I don't get to drink with him very often. I'm sure it will be a shit show but better than a Friday in the office.

- Started Narcos this weekend. Great show. As advertised. 5 eps in.

- How is Tom Brady so damn good at 38? Look at Manning and Brees whose arms have fallen off.

- Is there anyone in CFB more overrated than Kevin Sumlin?

- Prettiest week of the year- the trees are just ridiculous right now.

Just got on the Narcos train too. 3 in and can already tell I'll be bummed when I'm done. Pablo's life has always fascinated me.

I thought ABH was going to FORCE me to take a Fireball shot in Indy for the Kansas game last year. He is very generous with the drink buying. Little did he know, I was like 9 weeks pregnant.

wcc's Preseason Top 10:

1. UK- love the guards (who's going to stop UK off the bounce?) and the athleticism at the 4/5 (Skal, Poythress, Lee); may be a tad soft inside, we'll see; curious how Briscoe fits in with Ulis/Murray

2. Kansas- think the sophs will make The Leap (Svi, Graham) and love the freshmen bigs; not as high on their upperclassmen as many but Self has a lot of parts this year

3. UNC- not sold on them because of their problems on D, with that said, I don't like anyone else more here; keys will be the emergence of Pinson and Jackson as sophs; still like Paige better off the ball

4. Villanova- guards, guards, guards

5. Virginia- same ol', same ol', doubt they miss a beat this year

6. Michigan State- Valentine's an AA; like Davis a lot; I'm sure Nawls and Harris will be a solid backcourt, I'm sure they'll dick around the first semester as usual

7. Maryland- time to find out how good Turgeon really is, lots of talent, can he mold it together

8. Wichita State- most seasoned backcourt in the land, and they add a sharpshooter in Frankamp, will be a 1-seed contender with a gawdy record

9. Duke- if Ingram is as good as many think, too low here, but I think he's good not great this year; I see a lot of the same issues Duke's had before (besides '10 and '15 of course) but I could be wrong; love Kennard and Allen, hate their bigs

10. Notre Dame- I think Jackson is an AA, and Auguste isn't far behind, love their shooter Vasturia and think Beachem makes the The Leap

Psyched about being undersized, rly. Spread the effing floor and attack. No clogged paint. 4-out/1-in ATKOT.

GUARDS GUARDS GUARDS

CBB is all about the GD guards. Cannot wait.

Yep. We're a guard-led attack...that also happens to have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft at center. [laughing] Calipari is amazing.

And as for the football debacle, (think Chase may have mentioned this in his Saturday night redass) but until we start recruiting some studs up front who can rush the passer and collapse the pocket, we aren't going to do jack shit in the SEC, TS.

Doesn't matter how good your back 7 is if we let any reasonable QB sit back there and pick us apart. Hatcher/Ware are nice OLB pieces who can blitz occasionally but we're officially in HOLY SHIT mode now with big Mel going down... It's clear Elam isn't ready. He has zero technique and is too straight up. Until he can get a lower center of gravity and actually show some 'burst' he's going to be worthless against 95% of the teams we play.

Towles is the least of our problems. He's made some nice improvement. He'll still make some unbelievable WTF reads/throws from time to time but he's put our receivers in great positions to make plays a majority of the season. A bunch of drops and guys not fighting for jump balls have hurt, too.

Appears we'll be limping to the finish line again this year but no reason not to beeat UL and get to 6 wins. Get your 15 extra practices in, find some stud JUCO help along the D-line to help immediately and I like my team (next year).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT