ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
More good stuff last night from TSN & @DLeagueDigest about this AmeriLeague story.

It's like an American Greed episode, just amazing & bizarre all the way around.

-I don't have much for IG. Hate the format, and most people duplicate post on There/FB/Twitter...guess I don't really see the point.

- Hadn't even heard of AmeriLeague until this week.

- I love IG. So easy.

How the Cubs fans in here doing? Hurt? Numb? Excited about the future?

People can say all they want that "Well they were a year or two ahead of schedule- we'll be right back next year" but lets be honest- its the Cubs and nobody really knows what may happen. They were arguably the hottest team in baseball going into the post season and just completely hit a wall. I'd say the feeling is more of deflated, rather than hurt. And excited about the future- but obviously reserving any extreme optimism because its the Cubs and they still play in the same division as StL and Pitt who will be good teams again, and the Reds should be better next year too.

But they have done much better drafting and developing players and using cash to fill holes (No UL pun, lol). As good as they were in spurts offensively, the young guys still need to become better and more consistent hitters... and defensively they were pretty awful. The Mets and Terry Collins have done everything right going back to the trade deadline and the end of the regular season. Resting guys, shutting down pitchers, etc...they will be a tough out in the WS.

My dad was like a small child in chicago. We've been to Wrigley for around 40 or so games that we could remember, and he's spent the last two spring trainings in Arizona watching them, so it was cool to cross a post season game off of our list. We hit Murphy's, Cubby Bear, and 2-3 other bars in the area pre-game. Spent some time on Waveland watching 100 or so people catching BP home run balls (ranging from little kids to grown ass men in full replica uniform with eye black)- and were in the stadium long before the first pitch just to take it in as much as we can. He was a lot more torn up about the series than I was... Kept trying to come up with scenarios that they could "get back in it"... knowing he was delusional.

Insult to injury was walking to the train in a downpour right after the game. Actually had to call 911 for the first time ever when we were on the train platform- saw a car skid on the interstate, go off the road and flip over 2-3 times before hitting an embankment. Everyone just stared in awe for a second waiting to see if anyone emerged from the car. Called 911, and as they showed up on scene in under a minute, saw someone kicking out the remains of a windshield and crawl out. Not sure if anyone else was in the car but it was scary.

Any educated guesses for the UGA kick time based on the schedule that day?

...or when it will be announced?
That will probably be a day that CBS does a doubleheader. Bama/LSU will be CBS at night. IF UK wins this week and next and UGA beats UF then good chance we could be the afternoon CBS game.

How come the sidebar ads are now showing office chairs?

Also, whores.
Mine was for Fingerhut. I didn't even know they still existed.

Cubbies, hehe. They're not vitriol level hate like UL or Cuse because I do know a few pretty die hard fans and man they've had it ROUGH. However, the fringe fans are so damn annoying. I SHOULD have more sympathy but it's really hard for Reds fans to talk smack to other teams. We're really limited in that regard.

Reactions: chitown87
I've decided I'm going to come back to the Reds in about 5 years when they're maybe relevant again.

I prefer Twitter, use it much more than fb or Instagram but for the average person IG is just much much better. Which is why Twitter has hit a wall and stopped growing at 300m users and IG has 400m now who are much more active than Twitter, growing about 50% a year.

She didn't come off great but all the same stuff.

It's just the fact that it was on The View as a round table discussion. Hard to grasp.

All I know, and I can say this without a doubt, if this was UK I'd want the entire Athletic Department axed today. Clean. Top to bottom. What a disgrace. While I hate UL, they're better than this mess and it's like the 3rd major sexual mess they've had.

Anth can GGP about the Cubbies, BTW.

Talk about fringe fan -- I'm sure HS Hoopdie Anth was a HUGE Redleg gaffot.

Loser.

So Brax, what you think of Portofinos?
Had a good time. Went with the cognac tenderloin. I'm no foodie but I enjoyed it. Anytime I can enjoy a nice meal out sans the kids and drink ice cold beer with family and friends is a good time. You should've popped in and said hello. We are a nice family. Adrian tricked me into thinking he was upstairs and going to beat me up in front of everyone.
Only negative of the night was I apparently botched my tie again. I'll never learn!!

Only negative of the night was I apparently botched my tie again.

11885299_711579163243_8925488817433386356_n.jpg

It's a good look, IMO.

She didn't come off great but all the same stuff.

It's just the fact that it was on The View as a round table discussion. Hard to grasp.

All I know, and I can say this without a doubt, if this was UK I'd want the entire Athletic Department axed today. Clean. Top to bottom. What a disgrace. While I hate UL, they're better than this mess and it's like the 3rd major sexual mess they've had.
I meant what did she say about the NCAA?

When I walked by looked like everyone was seated and something going on, didn't want to make a scene looking for my internet friend:) Knew Adrian would have some fun with that too.

Also had the cognac tenderloin, can't say my opinion of it was good. Was overcooked and about as tender as shoe leather. Honestly I had better food in Iraq. I get it was off a set menu, so that's on me for going with beef in a place like that. Granted every time I've been to Portofino has been for a group thing, but its about like an overpriced Applebee's IMO.

Reactions: B Rax
I meant what did she say about the NCAA?
That she called and they didn't want to hear her so she went to a publisher. But the women were like, "OMG they wouldn't listen to your call?"

Kel is right, I'm sure they get bombarded with idiots all day long. In that context, on National TV, about hookers at one of their schools, it sounded really bad. Especially to an audience they normally don't even register with.

Last edited:
Dude, you have people question your ability to perform your job based just on your personality alone. Frequently. I know grammar is all you have to try and feel included but stick with bragging about your Porsche and hot tub. At least that is endearing.

I just don't want to see somebody sue you for diminishing the value of their Bellarmine degree.

I just don't want to see somebody sue you for diminishing the value of their Bellarmine degree.
They should. Love to hear what your 18 institutions think about you.

Speaking of the alma mater sounds like they're finally looking at a football team. Told those idiots 15 years ago to do that when they came to us about increasing the male population. Plenty of talent in the area that goes to Georgetown, EKU, WKU, Berea, Campbelsville. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT