ADVERTISEMENT

Here's a joke for ya

Girthang

All-American
Dec 12, 2019
A Power 5 team plays at home against an FCS opponent that barely made it to 7-4 last year. They struggle to put away the FCS opponent, and don't come anywhere close to covering the 32.5 pt spread that favors them, finishing the game with a 17 point lead (38-21).

This team is RANKED after week 1 when there are 10-15 teams that played equal or better opponents and shellaced them. Why should polls matter if this is the crap they produce?

A Power 5 team plays at home against an FCS opponent that barely made it to 7-4 last year. They struggle to put away the FCS opponent, and don't come anywhere close to covering the 32.5 pt spread that favors them, finishing the game with a 17 point lead (38-21).

This team is RANKED after week 1 when there are 10-15 teams that played equal or better opponents and shellaced them. Why should polls matter if this is the crap they produce?
Hopefully they beat Tennessee

Hopefully they beat Tennessee

It'll be weird seeing UT playing a game where they will have to beat 12 men for a change, instead of their opponent having to outplay the refs too. ON ABC @NCS... Should at least be SEC officials, but as corrupt as they are, it's no guarantee of help much less a level playing field.

UT won 69-3
Bama won 63-0
Ole Miss won 76-0
Oklahoma won 51-3
Texas won 52-0
Missouri won 51-0
Ohio State won 52-6
Louisville won 62-0

Lopsided scores and four of them by teams on our schedule. At what point will we decide this is big boy football and if you can't handle the beatdown, don't take the big paycheck to come play us. Time for Mr. Nice Guy is over. If we get the opportunity to lay 60-70 on somebody, do it. There are obviously a lot of teams and coaches out there who have no mercy and will not call off the dogs. Hoping we will someday get there.

I'm not convinced we would have pitched a shutout against USM if that game goes to full regulation. That shutout deserves and asterisk. And that's not by any means knocking our team or defense at all. It's just that Stoops would have likely called off the dogs if that game went much longer and the 2nd/3rd team defense would have given up a cheap score or two and made that final score something like 38-10

Reactions: blubo
UT won 69-3
Bama won 63-0
Ole Miss won 76-0
Oklahoma won 51-3
Texas won 52-0
Missouri won 51-0
Ohio State won 52-6
Louisville won 62-0

Lopsided scores and four of them by teams on our schedule. At what point will we decide this is big boy football and if you can't handle the beatdown, don't take the big paycheck to come play us. Time for Mr. Nice Guy is over. If we get the opportunity to lay 60-70 on somebody, do it. There are obviously a lot of teams and coaches out there who have no mercy and will not call off the dogs. Hoping we will someday get there.

I'm not convinced we would have pitched a shutout against USM if that game goes to full regulation. That shutout deserves and asterisk. And that's not by any means knocking our team or defense at all. It's just that Stoops would have likely called off the dogs if that game went much longer and the 2nd/3rd team defense would have given up a cheap score or two and made that final score something like 38-10
First, all those games went the full regulation time.

"If we get the opportunity to lay 60-70 on somebody, do it" - we literally did not get that opportunity by having nearly half the game called off. And let's say we do play the full game and Stoops takes out the first team... Getting reps for 2nd/3rd team is more valuable than keeping the first team out there, risking injuries, to beat an already lost opponent by by an extra 30 points.

Reactions: Girthang
Power 5 team plays at home against an FCS opponent that barely made it to 7-4 last year. They struggle to put away the FCS opponent, and don't come anywhere close to covering the 32.5 pt spread that favors them, finishing the game with a 17 point lead (38-21).

Here’s a joke for ya!!

IMG-1515.png

• Haha
Reactions: KT34 and Girthang
UT won 69-3
Bama won 63-0
Ole Miss won 76-0
Oklahoma won 51-3
Texas won 52-0
Missouri won 51-0
Ohio State won 52-6
Louisville won 62-0

You're not convinced we shut them out?

Are they brining in a better entire OL and QB after the 3rd qtr delay?

Are we only going to play 10 on defense to finish the game?

Is our offense going 3 and out for the rest of the game?

By the way, most of those lopsided scores were against FCS SCHOOLS.

Reactions: bbncal02
First, all those games went the full regulation time.

"If we get the opportunity to lay 60-70 on somebody, do it" - we literally did not get that opportunity by having nearly half the game called off. And let's say we do play the full game and Stoops takes out the first team... Getting reps for 2nd/3rd team is more valuable than keeping the first team out there, risking injuries, to beat an already lost opponent by by an extra 30 points.
Yup.

UT played the mighty Chattanooga Mocs, an FCS team in the Southern Conference (Cupcake's Cupcake)

Bama played Western, a FBS team, but as an alum, I have no problem saying, this was expected. It was at Bama and WKU doesn't have near the talent as a PRIME SEC historical powerhouse. It'd be like Lipscomb playing UK in basketball.

Ole Miss played Furman, another FCS juggernaut in the Southern Conference

OK played Temple, while an FBS team, they are predicted to finish dead stinking last in their conference. And again, at OK a football blue blood.

Texas probably played the most noteworthy FBS team in Colorado State, picked to finish 5th in the MW. Comparing UK to Texas is just stupid however, it's night and day. Again, game at Austin against a college program that thinks football is God.

Mizzou played played Murrah. Now, just like WKU, I like Murray. Let's not pretend that's a football program. They got beat like 52-14.....by Austin phreaking Peay. That's how bad Murray State's football program is. They got punked by AUSTIN PEAY. So, a cupcake's cupcake.

Ohio State played the might Zips of Akron, and FBS team that's picked to finish 11th.....in the MAC..... Also, again, comparing UK to Ohio State is a joke. I love UK but Ohio St is a football blue blood. They have 8 national titles. Come on.

And UofSmell played Austin Peay, need I say more?

So of those blowouts, four were against FBS teams......the rest against FCS. And of the four FBS blowouts, there's 37 national titles between those schools. (Texas has 4, OK has 7, Ohio St has 8, and Bama has 18).

So while Texas probably played the best FBS team, they all had complete games. We did not.

Let's stop acting like we played bad Sat night. We had a freaking 3-4 hour delay and then couldn't finish the damn game.

We did what we were supposed to do. We dominated them. We gave them 5 yards of rushing all night. Did we beat a title team? No, not even close. We did beat a team that has talented transfers.

We just need to keep working and go out and thump the Gamecocks.

Last edited:
I guess college is different, but as a HS coach I didn't like running up the score. Those kids worked hard all week. A short story, we had already pulled starter and backups and score was 56-0 with less than a minute left in the first half and ball on 2 yard line. Not wanting to score, I tell my QB to fumble the snap, hoping other team re covered and if not we wouldn't score again. He does this, takes the snap turns and pitches the ball like a sweep or quick pitch only no one was expecting it, it goes 20 yards backward. I won't mention his name but everyone here knows him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT