ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barstool's Pat McAfee is very enjoyable on color imo. (So far, reserve the right to change)

He's a total bro, almost Gronk like, which could get old in time, we'll see - but he's on point w/ the calls & analysis.

Last edited:
Wife: Is something bothering you?
Me: No I’m fine.

5 minutes later

Wife: What’s bothering you?
Me: Seriously, there’s nothing wrong with me.

5 minutes later

Wife: Why won’t you tell me what’s wrong with you?
Me: I promise you nothing is wrong, please stop asking.

2 minutes later

Wife: I know something is bothering you, just tell me.
Me: DAMMIT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG STOP ASKING.
Wife: I knew it.

Can't make any this weekend...the first two weeks and last two weeks are too busy.

Soon though, eyeing E. Michigan.

Also, Louisville traffic sucks for a city of this size. The highways are great...but my office is off N. Hurstbourne and damn, as bad as I've seen for a random road in a city.

Last edited:
Hurstbourne is touching awful, but it's far from a random road; it's the main artery of the beloved East End. It's basically the Nicholasville Rd of Louisville.

Of course, you probably don't know what that means either.

If you are here for any amount of time then it would be worth it to learn some backroads to stay off of it as much as possible.

Also I’d suggest GYERO hours 10-2 daily.

Why TF do we need 3 in the booth for a Thursday night game- or really any football game? How do these F’ers making 6-figures producing this shit NOT get this?

Western ain’t beating UL, unfortunately. I’ll never understand that move they made to FBS. The town of BG, the university, and the recruiting base doesn’t lend itself to sustained success. It will be very bad this year with attendance plummeting. I can’t imagine they’ll average much more than 7-8 thousand people a game. Throw in trips to Ohio State, Alabama, and some other powerhouses I’m forgetting in the next few years, and they have the ability to be the worst FBS program in the country.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
Hurricane Quicks:

F**K Hurricanes.

catsfan, your stupid voodoo and “no way an Atlantic hurricane will hit the Keys” looks pretty stupid about now. Irma says hello.

Weird we all just go to work knowing there’s a decent chance of devastating destruction coming in a few days. Can you imagine people in San Francisco knowing there’s a 8.0 earthquake in 3 days just showing up to the office, “Hey Dale! Morning, how’re the kids? You see that game last night?”

-Put money on ND, why not, they should cover 18 against that first year coach and garbage squad if they’re half of a top ten team.

-strong chance im taking a *gaggle* of middle school girls to see our cats tomorrow. Im a good dad.

-dont usually spend much time thinking about the past...but this wku result is a reminder that joker phillips is turrible. What a stain.

-had some leftover "taco meat", threw it in some organic annies mac n cheese and roasted some brussels last night.

-good luck rogue.

Not sure I've ever pointed this out on here, but I'm 99% sure my oldest kid and one of the Ruddettes were in the same GAT class in elementary school.

Reactions: rudd1
Seems like the Keys should be spared or at least not take the brunt of it. I'm in Boca, so threat is more real here. In any event, not looking forward to a weekend of watching the weather on tv and everyone getting caught up in mass hysteria.

Reactions: roguemocha
Seems like the Keys should be spared or at least not take the brunt of it. I'm in Boca, so threat is more real here. In any event, not looking forward to a weekend of watching the weather on tv and everyone getting caught up in mass hysteria.

How’s it looking for Abaco and the rest of the Bahamas? We have close family friends down there. tia

The night of the UK loss to WKU we were watching the game in our basement and a bat flew in from our laundry room, dive bombed the TV and my wife ran to the garage and locked herself in the car. I wound up battling the monster in our kitchen with a broom and a pot.

I wanna say it was right after Morgan Newton sacked himself but I’m not positive.

-UL honks are already in deflection mode, going to be a long haul for the Dirty Birds. Yesterday was all about schedule shaming UK. :joy: First, that's just dumb and second that's a bad place to be. I remember those days and it's not fun. So thankful.

-Since they brought it up, not in the least interested in changing the schedule. UL will be good again as will UT, USC, UF, UGA, MSU and whatever West Team we draw. Pretty rare for us to catch scheduling breaks so I sure as hell ain't going to moan when we do.

-Chill out on the crowd, UK. It's Labor Day weekend against a MAC team. It'll be 75% full. Easily as full as any of the first 5-6 UK BBall home games. Also, don't be condescending towards the customers when you just told these very people they weren't responsible enough to enjoy a couple beers.

-That UCLA-UC game didn't do much to get me pumped for the season. What a terrible game.

-Good luck to the Florida peeps. Looks like a pretty solid storm rolling in. Hopefully it doesn't cross over into the gulf.

-Early forecast for the Eastern Michigan game -> 78/55 :eyes: Whoa.

Friday Shotes:

-Finished 3-3 on the gambol last night, poop. That UC/UCLA game was straight trash, not sure either team deserved to win that one.

Seems like the 1H unders in these season openers are hitting pretty good, may try a few more of those.

-Down Home Bourbon is really good. Nice pick, krazy [thumb2]

-Always brings conflicting emotions, but I worship Hurricane coverage. Can watch that stuff all day long. :cry:

-Had the best month of my 11 years here last month...and beat it again this month by 10%. Shit's just crazy around here right now. :pray:

-7 Stars buddy told me Sports Gambol goes live at Caesars Southern Indiana on the 12th. :fire:

-Jennifer Palumbo is awful, but I can't be mad at her being excited about BBN Vegas. I mean, any excuse to get out there I'm taking, and the Cats being out there is just a dream scenario any way you look at it for this guy. Rooms are Free if you have a Players Card and play even a little on those dates, and $30 or so per night rack rate if you don't at most places. Even the 5* Venetian/Aria/Cosmo are $120-150. Get out there.

-Cats back down to -11. I can't blame any coach for pleading w/ the fans for a little more support.

-Love when baseball fades into Bolivia after kickoff.

-90% of front page featured pizno is StepMom these days, lol.

-The 'Digital Alarm Hoarders' Twitter Trending Topic is pretty hilarious. Any of those in here? I have about 12 on mine, but those people have issues.

-This is God's weather. Hope you summer scorch balls get hypothermia.

Last edited:
Reactions: krazykats and wcc31
I have done Vegas 11 times, but this one may kill me. We pulled the trigger on Wed-Mon to take in a full NFL Sunday in the book. Christmas looking like a strong maybe this year if I am still standing.

We have a group of 10 rolling out. What's the play on tickets? Just find them off the street for Wednesdays game? Seems like every time I get them early, KSR hands them out for free or some ish. Saturday might be a bit different with 3 other teams rolling in.

Nice little 3-0 start to the GAMBOL season. Hit the Florida under live and Florida -1 live. Gambling on UC last night was the only way to make that game watchable. Fortunately, picked the right side.

8AM start for this guy tomorrow. Plan on being on campus and cracking a domestic by 9AM. Flask locked and loaded since I can't afford the drinking sections. Perks of working on campus is the buzz in the air on game weeks. Tent frames were up about 3 weeks ago. Florida week will be off the rails.

Cats by 10. Vegas has it right.

I'm actually kinda excited at the thought of not being reachable by a customer or my boss for 3-4 days while I sit in an uncomfortably hot living room in my gym shorts sipping domestos in the glow of candle light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT