ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the Reds on the radio, sipping a collide on the deck, and pretending your family doesn't exist is better than watching it on TV imo. I'm just handing out the game for free here, folks

-We've gone full circle, from 80 recognizing me by my burrito order at Qdoba back in the day to Rax recognizing my dad by my FB posts. GYERO circle of life, I guess.

-Goodness gracious, SI put out a lot of college football content yesterday. Tons of lists, which always make for good reading/discussion. I've long been a sucker for CFB mags, but those come out so early that they don't really give an accurate gauge on the season. Between Yahoo(yes, I know Thamel/Forde are the worst, but they still produce solid CFB content), SI, and CBS Sports, there's more than enough to consume for the next 10 days before UF faces The U.

-So much Khalil Whitney buzz. Very little Keion Brooks buzz. Grain of salt, of course, just find it interesting.

-Agave and Rye is a nice addition to the Nicholasville Road corridor. Basically Local Taco on steroids. First trip was solid. Parking situation is definitely better than the one at LT.

-I've gone from finally giving in to us getting a dog to tolerating the dog to getting a kick out of the dog to absolutely adoring the dog. She's a beast, but she makes every single day better.

Just finished a workout and got a smoothie from one of these “all natural” places - mine has almond butter, coconut milk, plant based protein among other really healthy sounding and expensive ingredients. However the more I keep drinking it I’m thinking it’s all just sugar and fat and I’m a dumbass.

I’m really bad about forgetting to change the oil

Selling out is every business owners dream unless he is a “live to work” guy instead of “work to live” guy

Fall, especially now that I’m an adult and don’t have to worry about starting back up in school, is by far the best season, and that’s probably obvious at this point. Bring on the pumpkin beers.

The head of the “Food Babe Army” is known for a formulaic strategy:
  • Promote bad science to condemn innocuous food ingredients.
  • Demonize the ingredient with alternative industrial uses.
  • Peddle alternatives, most of which help line her pockets.
  • Declare victory if a company drops a certain additive or ingredient.
o_O

Reactions: Geese Feeder
--I've gone from finally giving in to us getting a dog to tolerating the dog to getting a kick out of the dog to absolutely adoring the dog. She's a beast, but she makes every single day better.

They always do. We are back to 2 now after going from 3 to 1 last year in a 2 month span.

Hard to trust anyone who doesn't love dogs...or have one, tbh.

Well here I was getting ready to go to a drive thru and get mac and cheese as part of my clean living lifestyle but ever since this blog on the internet told me *gasps* fast food macaroni and cheese isn’t good for me I don’t know what to believe in any more

Reactions: Joey Rupption
YoungHouseLoveHasAPodcastJohnSherryPetersik450.jpg

Half-gay husband

- Well I don’t divulge because I can’t guarantee the 3rd/4th release will be the same mix, distiller, or that the barreling will be the same. I am in talks with the distilleries I bought from but it isn’t going so well. The 12 year I can just about get all I can afford though.

I can’t really give too much info on everything involved but my back up plan is to bottle and warehouse at my own location, eventually, but sooner than later. The distilling part If it even happens will come later as it is a ridiculous amount of money to put up.

- MGP is the backbone of every good bourbon you like that isn’t a “Kentucky straight bourbon” or Jack Daniels/George Dickel.

Their stock is taking a dump because people involved know their short on product and revenue will plummet. New Riff knew it was going to happen 5 years ago which is why they created OKI with a plan to break away from MGP.

Their prices are actually really good, but I lose the designation of “Kentucky straight bourbon” and most, but not all, of their product is now too young to bring to shelves except for their exclusive big money buyers.

Which is why a SAOS Single Barrel is now Single Barrel Select and is actually sourced Dickel instead of MGP.

- Down Home is getting great reviews so far, thankfully, and working on its 2nd release as well as a portion of its 3rd release now.

- Jgumbos for lunch. Shew boy!!!! Drunken chicken is just something.:)

I wasn't asking for insider trading secrets or anything.

It sounds like one the first batch mix is gone it's gone forever but by that point you've hopefully built up enough of a reputation from people enjoying your mix that when you release more people will trust that it will be close to similar.

I wasn't asking for insider trading secrets or anything.

It sounds like one the first batch mix is gone it's gone forever but by that point you've hopefully built up enough of a reputation from people enjoying your mix that when you release more people will trust that it will be close to similar.

That’s the thing you can put the same mix(mash bill) into the same #4 char barrel, on the same day and I swear it won’t taste the same in 4 years.

So it’s going to be different regardless.

Which is why people hate 2014 and 2015 Elmer T Lee, or the love 2017 George T Stagg and are meh about the 2018 release.

That part is out of my control, but while I’m sourcing if I pick my barrels I will have a similar profile whether it’s exact or not.

I’ll probably do a GYERO barrel pick too, I’ve thought about but we’ll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: drxman1
Hey, Food Toots... This past Saturday night I consumed approximately 4 mini cheeseburgers with a side of Mac n Cheese & spicy fries. It was delicious and went down well with several ice cold Coors Light drafts.

You were doing so well w/ the mini's, mac, fries.....then you wash it down w/ sewer water.

$1000 suit w/ some old brown loafers you had in the back of the closet.

-Slid down a 10' bank into a creek while working today. That was pretty wodie. Valid excuse to head home a lil early, imo.

...speaking of home early, was letting my doggies out around 3pm yesterday, and I see SAE teeing it up on #4 in front of my house - the outing he referenced in GYERO was at my place, which of course he didn't even mention. Sneaky lil bastard, he is.

-Finally a little rain :pray:

-What's everyone's all time favorite Novel? Looking to find a good new one and also a Classic to dive into.

-Meadow Soprano has a lot of superlurker in her.

-Will have to get some Croatia & Montenegro food tips from Chad at some point.

-MGP is good product. I understand the Indiana thing, but I like several of their offerings through other brands. So much more goes into a finished product than the initial basic juice.

-Jones alluded to it on his show today, but I don't recall a more quiet offseason for UK Basketball discussion. Here, radio, twitter....everywhere, really. Especially considering we're #1 or #2 in pretty much every preseason poll out there. Props to the :football: squad for that.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT