ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it helps at all, a hot 22 year old definitely doesn't want to bang a middle-aged father without some kind of financial arrangement as the sole purpose.
We have an army of college babysitters and I'm 192% certain they see me as nothing more than "THE DAD." No matter how many times I walk in the house with my pants around my ankles.

It’s actually pretty funny you guys mention a hot college babysitter as we have a really hot 20 year old one (keep in mind that at this point in my life a hot 20 year old is a 20 year old that doesn’t have a major facial disfigurement or is not morbidly obese). Anyway me and the wife were having a night out the other weekend and she got there a little early. I had on my hipest loafers on so I could tell from the get go she was pretty impressed with my outfit. Anyway I was drinking a landshark while talking to her to kinda let her know my laid back vibe. She mentioned she liked our recent kitchen reno and I let her know about how she should get multiple quotes for the best price and the best way to go about getting recs from neighbors which she seemed to find interesting.

She was on her phone while I was talking so I started telling her about how when I was her age there was no smartphones and about how she should be careful using that stuff and she seemed to find that even more interesting and even grateful. Then before we left I asked her if her car was driving okay and she asked why and I said “because your muffler seems exhausted”. And she gave me a really good chuckle and said “Good one Mr M!”

Anyway I think I’ve laid the groundwork pretty well and she’s probably feeling me so it’s almost awkward for me, I’ll keep you guys posted.

Mention you own a Porsche and you are a Dr. and I guarandamntee you most hot 20 something baby sitters will perk up. Not talking about any poster (Doc), but hell it could be "Did you know I am a (insert high paying profession) and i drive a (insert expensive whip) and the young girls will definitely take interest. Well unless you are 300 pounds and have missing teeth and bad body odor.

Basketball or Nothing on Netflix is a good watch.

Their team mascot is the Wildcats, the fast break is their preferred style, and their logo is the dick tongue logo from the 90s.

:joy:

The over / under on odds of Ron Mehico giving his babysitter herpes v. Topbutton allowing alcohol sales to the plebians is essentially identical, imo.

Alex Wood sure could have made a difference throughout the season had he been able to pitch like this consistently.

Also, I may be eating crow from the looks of Bauer’s adjustment phase with the Reds. Every time they catch him in the pen, he is always discussing technique and strategy of pitches with the other guys.

That’s a damn good sign!

- Surprised there’s no chatter about Tyler Childers’ new album. It’s on point.

- I’ve been listening to what is now popularly called “Americana” religiously since I discovered Son Volt’s album Wide Swing Tremolo sometime in high school. In all those years, not sure we’ve had someone as dynamic and talented as Tyler Childers. And he’s a legitimate Son of the Commonwealth, as well.

- Anyone smoke on a Weber Smoky Mountain? My wife acquired me one recently from one of those online auction sites - got it for like fifty bucks and it’s still in its original packaging. I’ve been reluctant to set it up and use it thus far, probably out of a weird feeling of betrayal to my Weber kettle, which is all I’ve cooked on my entire life. Tell me I either I need to set it up, or forget it and sell it. I can already do anything on a kettle, and do it very well.

- Leaving Thursday for a 40 mile backpacking trek in the Virginia Blue Ridge with my two best college buddies. Need this trip badly. Three Nalgenes full of warm barrel strength bourbon and some spirits around a campfire set the mind right.

- Has anyone else been bothered by the black helicopter in northern Campbell County that always seems to be following me.

- Bourbon rundown: Old Granddad 114 is the best regularly available and affordable stuff you can find on a shelf right now.

- Go Cayts.

- Surprised there’s no chatter about Tyler Childers’ new album. It’s on point.

- Bourbon rundown: Old Granddad 114 is the best regularly available and affordable stuff you can find on a shelf right now.

- Go Cayts.

Rack.

OGD will put some hair on your chest and for only $27? Grief.

Last edited:
Reactions: WynnDuffy
Well, that’s “A” take, have you heard millionaire? Simple Song? Broken Halos? The way he carries a note in Fire Away is just as old school country as it gets.

Reactions: drxman1 and jayroon
Give Childers another try, Bucket. You might come around. Hell, Sturgill produced his past two albums and plays guitar on some tracks.

My WSM is an 18.5 inch. Is that what you have? I assume they also make a 22. Would have preferred a bit more space, but for fifty bucks, what the hell.

Reactions: wcc31
Stapleton is a very talented man, and has done a lot of great work. But it seems he’s kind of gotten sucked into the Nashville machine, which is unfortunate.

Go back and revisit his early stuff with the Steeldrivers. Fantastically hard and gritty mountain music.

Reactions: SWFLwildcat06
I have the 18.5 inch. I’ve looked at a 22” but it really big.

I’ve smoked 4 pork butts at once on mine. Two on top and two on bottom. I’ve also put a full packer brisket on top and two butts on the bottom. So the size is good enough. I don’t know when I would need to cook more meat than that.

The Weber Smokey mountain webpage is a pretty good resource. I’ve had mine sitting at 250 for 18 hours with a full bag of charcoal using the minion method.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Thanks for the info. I completely failed to realize it has a second cooking rack - that is a game changer. Shows how much I know about these things.

I love my kettle, but to be candid, I’m really looking forward to the type of temperature control you’re talking about. The ups and downs on the kettle can get tiresome.

I feel y’all’s opinion on Stapleton is based entirely on whoever else claims they like him. Oh, the 40 year old soccer mom was bragging about him to her MLM Facebook partner in the checkout line at Target? What a generic, sellout tool! Give me more of that marginally talented red headed guy who has a voacal range of one octave. Nobody has really heard of him.

Saratoga is outrageous. I feel like I’ve gone back in time. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if the damn ghost of Frank Sinatra came strutting through the paddock with the rest of the Rat Pack cocktail in hand.

They usually play NY, NY at the end of the races that day, that or NY State of Mind. It's not as nice as Keeneland but it is pretty cool track. Were you there for the Whitney?

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Born and raised Kentuckian(Lexington) but never been to a Track before moving up here and going to Saratoga, really like the tailgate feeling of it with people not even going into the grandstand to watch the races in person, just on the TVs near the booths.

Just played ball against a Wiggins brother and he was good at the basketball. We were just playing 21 and screwing around but that was fun.

I feel y’all’s opinion on Stapleton is based entirely on whoever else claims they like him. Oh, the 40 year old soccer mom was bragging about him to her MLM Facebook partner in the checkout line at Target? What a generic, sellout tool! Give me more of that marginally talented red headed guy who has a voacal range of one octave. Nobody has really heard of him.

My opinion is based solely on his music. Hell, I like Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney. Not a music snob here. Plus, I wish nothing but the best for Kentucky boys.

Saturday evening shorts...

- I love Childers, maybe a little more than Sturgill. Stapleton is good, but he's definitely more of a mainstream Nashville guy than the other two.

- canning some tomato sauce tonight, wild times

- seeing WC v2.0 decked out for fan day is pretty awesome

- OGD 114 has been in my regular rotation for a few years now, probably the best value buy out there

- I'm rather intrigued by Tulsi Gabbard so far

- just ordered some Mediterranean from uber eats, hope those assholes keep their hands off my falafel

- last weekend without football until February [banana]

Where is the best place these days to buy a shotgun? I am looking for a .410 pump for my oldest son, to go squirrel hunting, learn how to shoot, etc. What’s the play here? Dicks? Flea market? Antifa?

All the long guns I own have been passed down to me from prior generations of Duffy men, so I have no idea about the current retail landscape.

(BTW, no gun nut. Just a red blooded American man looking for a small gauge shotgun for his boy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT