ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the alcohol was never going to happen right away, but I think they should have probably loosened up the strings a bit across the department. Maybe look back at how popular the baseball deck was with students bc they could toss a cooler in their car out there. May even be worth considering an option if they reserved a couple of sections for season ticket holders in Commonwealth that were considered alcohol free zones or family friendly or whatever. Serving beer isnt going to cause big problems or anything, but its certainly not a savior for attendance issues or anything either. You've pretty much got to win games to keep people coming- and even then youre going to have cold november games against an awful opponent that people just wont show up for. Serving Cougar Bait wont change that.

I would imagine the sponsorship money is probably where the bulk of money comes from with alcohol moreso than the gameday sales. But in a state that celebrates fine spirits enough to consider it the primary tourism attraction- having a few more Woodford Reserve Logos around the stadium probably wont cause too much of a stir.

I get both sides of the argument I guess- but also think that the complete outrage was pretty over the top for people that are claiming it is going to ruin their gameday experience. Would argue some of the better days in my run of the mill existence have come at Commonwealth Stadium, and I was plenty drunk for all of them. If the football team keeps winning and we keep going to Elite 8's each year, booze aint the hill i'm going to die on.

The alcohol in suites model is pretty popular in college sports... its more of a perk to sell those suites rather than a dividing line between the rich and poor. People and companies paying big time prices are gonna have some additional perks man- maybe not fair or not the most rational thing- just kind of the way it is.

As someone who watched us stomp Miss State in the loge last year, I can say it was nice being able to drink beer without having to deal with the BRaxes of the world breathing my air. No offense, BRax. #suitelife

The entire South sideline isn't a suite. Suites have always had the alcohol option, its the Woodford Reserve "Club" that takes up 25% of the lower level that's the problem.

Absolutely hate Mitch's decision, as it again spits on the Average Joe fan who is already pissed about losing their former seats, parking passes, and sees the suite and club folks enjoying frosties throughout the game. For me personally, game time is sober up time. Plus we always have the kids with us at the games and don't need the unruly, don't know how to pace themselves with booze Average Joe commoners fightin and pukin all over us.

Oh wait, I forgot, I'm an Average Joe commoner too.

Damn You Mitch!

-

- May try some Noce’s tomorrow night while the lass is out with her friend. eek

You may know this but Noce's is not really an eat-in place. They have a couple of tables.

They will bring your pie right over to the Edgewood Tavern, great dive bar if you're trying to hid in plain sight. It is no smoking inside now if that bothers you.

- As someone who has been going to UK football games off and on for ~30 years, (25 of those in which I was able to drink) and as someone who isn’t employed by UK or UK Athletics, I can unequivocally say that not having alcohol sales inside the confines of Commonwealth is whatever.

- Not trying to post any of my workout accomplishments or anything like that, but “Rage Against the Machine” Radio on Pandora can get you to that next gear while you’re getting after it.

- AGS, my man. 4 kids in 10 years is a respectable rate. No wonder you disappeared. It’s a minor miracle you’re still alive.

- Back to school vibes. I remember when I used to have to saw down a sapling then chisel out lead from our lead pile out back by the shed to make my pencils. Now kids just get stuff handed to them at back to school bashes while flopping all around an inflatable. Times has changed, man. These kids is soft.

* I don't see anything wrong with almond or soy milk.

* Might get in a little pool time this weekend. Need some help here, should I go with....

- Guy Harvey t-shirt, shorts and flops?
- board shorts and Yeti logo apparel?
- head to toe Salt Life gear?

Tough call.

* Everything about how UK handles alcohol sales is bullbutter, and riddled with hypocrisy, but I also enjoy it a little. Makes for endless jokes about class warfare and such.

* <-- Would probably enjoy a huge political rally, just for the people watching. Don't even care the party, to be honest. 95% of the attendees are insufferable, indoctrinated losers. Marcus.

* Always thought's Nelly's Country Grammar was great, but EI was quite underrated. His best song, imo.

* Do Ron Zook and Larry Fedora still own horse farm property as well, or was that all a hoax?

* The above ^^ makes me think about Garth Brooks' Unanswered Prayers, actually.

* Got a cold call sales pitch from the Better Business Bureau yesterday. Those people are still around? But hey, how else are you gonna know to trust your local insurance agent? Look up the BBB in the Yellow Pages, call them on your landline, and ask their rating. Simple.

* If SAE were a school kid today, he'd probably write the same story, but with Chris Johnson's brother getting killed over a bottle of Down Home 12-year. It's that good.

Speaking of which -- when's that swill making it all the way down the Mississippi River? Bring it on, krazy.

* I don't know who Cam'Ron Fletcher is, but I want him.

- unnecessary apostrophe
- upper case letter in the middle of his first name

What more ya need to know? He's a star.

PTI buddy you’ll have to buy online. That should have already been posted but due to his shipping company being jackasses it might be Monday before it’s available.

https://seelbachs.com/

For any out of Ky sales that’s my guy!

- Not trying to post any of my workout accomplishments or anything like that, but “Rage Against the Machine” Radio on Pandora can get you to that next gear while you’re getting after it.

Gym playlist is about 25% Rage, 25% Widespread, and 50% old skool rap. Rage will get you going for certain, if listening while driving you can easily get too amped and find yourself rolling a tad too fast.

BBB is such a effing scam. The really sad thing part is that a good majority of the general public think its a Gov't agency.

Friday Randoms:

- Cage the Elephant and Beck tonight at Riverbend, stoked.

- Moving into my new place in Newport tomorrow, finally going to become one of the NKY elite after my holdover in Mainstrasse.

- Speaking of NKY, Mansion Hill Tavern is a cool little place which also serves lunch, you can't miss their sign saying they do.

- The Reds had a good trade deadline by their standards, but they are still missing a piece on offense if they really want to go for 2020 as the Bauer trade has set them up for.

- 8-5 for the football this year, Terry improves in his second year and is primed for next year.

- I don't understand the support of not selling beer at games, to me it seems as most of the posters in that line of thought are also probably the same ones who get mad about other restrictions on individual liberty when it suits them...whatever.

-Big Blue Mist > Big Blue Nation

-The alcohol decision is of no surprise. That's going to take a few years, IMO. More frustrating and more impactful to attendance and the crowd's enjoyment of the Kroger Field experience is to provide GD wifi already. That was part of the the scope of the renovation iirc, albeit a later one. Mitch keeps dropping the ball, though. Somehow COME WATCH THIS 1 FOOTBALL GAME FOR 4.5 HOURS AND WE'LL FLASH A HANDFUL OF DELAYED SCORES OF OTHER GAMES EVERY 45 MINUTES ON THE SCREEN FOR 20 SECONDS OH AND NO COMMUNICATION WITH ANYONE NOT SITTING NEXT TO YOU doesn't work in today's consumer world.

-We have a new babysitter around that just graduated from UK, originally from California, that may be worth risking everything for tbh. Not really, but it's a little uncomfortable.

-Plans this weekend including landscaping the walk out front and getting rid of 75% of the clothes in my closet. My strategic plan is to have so few items that I will need to purchase new clothes on as needed basis; slacks, jeans, sports coats, shirts, etc. I have some really old shit in there.

-Was always a big "Batter Up" fan. Great song.

-We don't spank, but GD if we did I'd be leaving some red marks on my 5.5 year old's little bottom right now. Unless I am missing something, I guess I am starting to realize that girls are uncontrollable in the manner my brothers and I were. Send puppies.

-Saw a theory on twitter about the world actually having ended in 2012 and we're living in some kind of simulation. I mean, makes sense to me tbh.

Hiring babysitters - that’s one of those things they don’t warn you about in soon-to-be dad classes. I could see how that could become an issue in a larger market.

Luckily all of our babysitters have been former students and/or unattractive. Removes all risk.

Thelonious Monk is good too if you like Widespread Panic, justa. Really gets you where you need to be.

Jimmy Smith is actually a jazz pianist that has some damn good uptempo stuff. Root Down, from which the B-Boys sampled their EP is tremendous, especially the 15 minute live version.

-Big Blue Mist > Big Blue Nation

-The alcohol decision is of no surprise. That's going to take a few years, IMO. More frustrating and more impactful to attendance and the crowd's enjoyment of the Kroger Field experience is to provide GD wifi already. That was part of the the scope of the renovation iirc, albeit a later one. Mitch keeps dropping the ball, though. Somehow COME WATCH THIS 1 FOOTBALL GAME FOR 4.5 HOURS AND WE'LL FLASH A HANDFUL OF DELAYED SCORES OF OTHER GAMES EVERY 45 MINUTES ON THE SCREEN FOR 20 SECONDS OH AND NO COMMUNICATION WITH ANYONE NOT SITTING NEXT TO YOU doesn't work in today's consumer world.

-We have a new babysitter around that just graduated from UK, originally from California, that may be worth risking everything for tbh. Not really, but it's a little uncomfortable.

-Plans this weekend including landscaping the walk out front and getting rid of 75% of the clothes in my closet. My strategic plan is to have so few items that I will need to purchase new clothes on as needed basis; slacks, jeans, sports coats, shirts, etc. I have some really old shit in there.

-Was always a big "Batter Up" fan. Great song.

-We don't spank, but GD if we did I'd be leaving some red marks on my 5.5 year old's little bottom right now. Unless I am missing something, I guess I am starting to realize that girls are uncontrollable in the manner my brothers and I were. Send puppies.

-Saw a theory on twitter about the world actually having ended in 2012 and we're living in some kind of simulation. I mean, makes sense to me tbh.
Explains basketball since 2012

getting rid of 75% of the clothes in my closet. My strategic plan is to have so few items that I will need to purchase new clothes on as needed basis; slacks, jeans, sports coats, shirts, etc. I have some really old shit in there.
Welcome to the lifestyle, brother.

Made nice lil’ trip to BB (Outlet) for a reset before this new job as I can’t afford to be viewed as the “Kentucky Cousin” during my periodic trips to the mothership in Chicago.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
My strategic plan is to have so few items that I will need to purchase new clothes on as needed basis; slacks, jeans, sports coats, shirts, etc. I have some really old shit in there.

-solid. Let me know if you need any guidance in supporting the American working man/woman in regards to future purchases. It's kinda my jam.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT