ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurry up and get DLo to Minny.

Smart by Minny pursuing KAT's best friend besides Booker. Gotta keep him happy

So what are the Knicks doing so bad right now?

Are you all thinking that Brooklyn is guaranteed a title because they signed KD and Kyrie?

Setting expectations, this was the year they were going to land a big name or two and they traded away the best prospect they have had in years (who wanted out) to make more cap room. In reality there is promise among their young core, but that would be several years away from any type of playoff run. You could try the trust the process route, but its been a couple decades since they have been relevant so they dont have the trust of the fans.

Reactions: krazykats
So what are the Knicks doing so bad right now?

Are you all thinking that Brooklyn is guaranteed a title because they signed KD and Kyrie?
I’d say the Nets are more likely the Eastern favs... so, yeah. They are a good organization.

The Knicks are a shitshow.

The Nets swap out Russell for Irving this year, and add Jordan. Not sure how that makes them Eastern Conference favorites.

And seriously—the Nets are a terrible organization.

Last edited:
Golden State and Brooklyn have agreed on a sign-and-trade, sending D’Angelo Russell to the Warriors on a four-year, $117M maximum contract, league sources tell ESPN.

Welp. Was fun to dream.

Sending Iggy to Memphis after all he did for the GSW is just the ultimate business decision to make sure Russell does not end up in LA.

Does that even leave them room for Cousins?

Cousins to Boston would be a perfect fit.

Also, trading Porzingis was pretty much the best thing they could do. He was not going to play this year and then he was going to leave in free agency, regardless. Getting Dennis Smith Jr and draft picks for a guy you're going to lose for nothing seems pretty good.

And yes, the Knicks are still awful.

Murray got the max from Denver. 5/$170 mil. Shew
-Boozler still isn't buying his potential. God, I own that loud mouth these days. Living rent free.

-Those Reds uniforms yesterday, shewee.

-Decided I'm going to play golf at the end of this month. Mainly to harass Chase.

-Lil bro brought me a Weller 107 back from their Cape Cod trip, helluva guy.

- @SAECATFAN your Makers folks dropped a 101 proof, intrigued.

-Drake just passed the Beatles for 2nd most Top 10 hits in history, what a C-List star that guy is, wonder how he even makes it... on his private Boeing 767.

-This weather. Happy place.

Shew started at 5am. Still felt awesome outside. Summer is here. Me and some buddies caught our Striper limit in under 30minutes. Literally in about a 5 minute period we had 7/9 rods with fish on. The fish finder looked like a damn firework show. Chaos.

Just a truly awesome day to be alive. Now I’m gonna go for a cruise. #WWDT

The Reds, like most teams, have plenty of great uniforms to draw from, but insist on blandness.

Just pick the 3 best throwback unis they are wearing this year (yesterday's included) and role with that. Also, bring back collared jerseys :100points::100points::100points:

Last edited:
Jamal Murray remains the only NBA player ever whose draft highlight reel exclusively featured bad plays.

On national Bobby Bonilla day, it’s astonishing the Knicks are considered losers for not overspending.

--Drake just passed the Beatles for 2nd most Top 10 hits in history

Kinda tells you more about the current state of pop music than his "success". If his songs are still being played in 30 years (like the Beatles will be) then he might have a case.

Of my top 10 Sirius presets, his "music" will never appear.

As long as Kawhi doesnt go to the Lakers this NBA free agency period has been pretty awesome, he should just sign the 1 and 1 with Toronto and when LeBron is broke down in a couple years then he can team up with AD. Should have 3-4 teams per conference with a legit feeling they can contend for a title over the next couple years.

Reactions: krazykats
Monday Randos:

-NBA offseason is off to a great start. :fire::eyes:

Knew Murray would get paid, but 170M Max. I mean, Good lord.

-Metro was a bit of a struggle. 78/79. 1 birdie all weekend....2 lost ball double bogeys on the front in R2, was doomed early. Got 4th in my flight, good for a $150 new Vokey Wedge. I'll take it.

-Pool all weekend was nice. First weekend that actually felt like summer.

-Drake is dope.

That Twista album has a few jams, btw. "Heaven' is :fire:, that's that classic Do or Die sound - takes me right back to High School. Wish there were a few more of those on there, but whatever.

-Golf buddy of mine had to WD from the Metro last minute. His father in Law is the man who went missing on a Fishing Trip in Alaska, been all over the news. Avid fisherman who's been on countless trips like these. Just awful. :cry: https://www.ktva.com/story/40722070...ssing-from-willow-creek-state-recreation-area

-That Omni Grove Park Golf Resort the wife stayed in over the weekend in Asheville is apparently amazing, if any of you have an upcoming trip there.

-It's kinda weird watching an old show w/ a teen girl, who you know now to be smoke as an adult. Meadow, for example.

-Dad popped in town Friday on his way to a Porsche rally (NoBoat) - brought a bottle of MB Roland Bourbon, distillery in Hopkinsville. Single Barrel, 115 proof, very nice, imo.

-Don't remember the last day I didn't walk through a spider web. :weary:

-Need a Chad hangover update.

/early

Last edited:
drxman certainly doesn’t spend much time at Lake Cumberland, so I could see why he’d enlist the help.

On national Bobby Bonilla day

Bonilla's contract gets the most headlines- but there are a ton of deferred money contracts out there that are just as ridiculous. The Braves are still paying Bruce Suter $1.12M/yr until 2021. I believe he last pitched for them in 1989. The Reds are giving Griffey Jr $3.6M/yr until 2024- and that began in 2009.

@mikemayerMMO on Twitter has a lot more of the details on other players and their deferred money contracts... some of the names of seemingly mediocre players that are cashing in for decades is pretty unbelievable.

All those stories do is show the brilliance of compound interest, and a similar phenomenon is available to anyone who can find an 8% rate of return.

#nerd

$5.9 million, deferred 11 years, and paid out over 25 years at an 8% return.

I'll be disappointed if at least a few GYEROers aren't in a position to incorporate something similar into their retriement plan.

Hey, Matt. RE:Bengals in Bellevue/Dayton.

My cousin and his wife have a contracting business (and met in Construction Management program at NKU.)

One time, they were finishing out a new condo (in Bellevue) for a Bengal with custom stuff. The Bengals’ mom was heavily involved in negotiations and kept stonewalling my cousin and insinuating that he was trying to rip them off because they were black and he was white. The set up a budget reconciliation meeting to discuss the costs because my cousins’ wife (who worked behind the scenes) actually set the pricing.

When my cousin’s wife walked in, they found out that she was a black African from Zimbabwe and agreed to pay for the proposed work in full.

All-time great racial draft story, IMO

-Also, during their wedding planning (with the wedding planner), she kept whining about wanting ice cream or something weird and complaining that she always pictured ice cream at her wedding. My cousin said he always pictured a blonde with big tits, and they all had a good laugh.

Reactions: Hankshaker
$5.9 million, deferred 11 years, and paid out over 25 years at an 8% return.

I'll be disappointed if at least a few GYEROers aren't in a position to incorporate something similar into their retriement plan.
I mean I have a state pension so marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT