ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @GeeseFeeder I'm gonna stop by Successories tomorrow and get this for the office.

34b7qa.jpg

I hope everyone in Big Blue Nation got up this morning dedicated to becoming the best version of themself. If not, you can pick up a copy of Bounce Back on Amazon to get your mind right.

Reactions: -Mav-
Hump Day Randos:

-Johnny Juzang :eyes:. Tried to tell you fools. Summer reports meant squat under Tubby, but they've been pretty spot on under Cal with regards to guys who are killing it/surprising...most recently w/ Shai. Seems pretty consensus w/ Lil Johnny.

-Smooth 70 Saturday while taking out the best player in the club 5 & 4 in R2 of our match play. Playing in the Louisville Metro this weekend, first time for that...hoping to ride this hot streak.

-Wife spent last weekend in Milwaukee. Carrie Underwood at Fiserv arena, and then the Reds/Brewers tilt @ Miller Park. She leaves again tomorrow for Asheville for a little girls trip. Both of these planned a long time ago, glad she's kept them both as it's been a good distraction for her.

-After finishing The Wire from start-to-finish, I've started on The Sopranos (which I'd only seen the final season of, ages ago). I have zero doubts I'm going to love it, but the cheesiness of these classic shows in their early years is a bit of a distraction for me if I'm being honest.

-It actually feels weird when the sun is out.

-Didn't think the Rockets could be any more hateable, and now they may be adding Jimmy Butler? :joy: Yeah, that will end well. Have fun standing in the corner Jim.

-It's been reeling for years, but despite that I can still always find new stuff out there to enjoy. Is Summer 2019 when rap officially dies? I mean, there is NOTHING.

-Haven't had much luck with finding those extra special summer peaches yet. Where dey at?

-Eldorado Resorts buying Caesars for 8 Billion. :eyes:

-Eagle Rare a plenty a my local Krogerssss's for $27.99. People are always asking for the best budget bottles - that's it (at that price, at least) imho.

-Happy Summer weather, everyone. Even BBdK needed a little of it. [cheers]

Recent obsersavtion:

Not trying to be too condescending, but lately I’ve noticed an issue at most all fast food restaurants in small towns (summer basketball lends itself to fast food lunches and suppers) employing some rough looking individuals.

I understand this area of the workforce doesn’t necessarily lend itself to hotshot up and comers, but is it too much to ask for your fry cooks and day managers not to look like they just walked out of a methadone clinic? In the past, you could find respectable looking young adults and teens working the counter and bagging up food. Now these folks look like they just put The Scrambler together at the fairgrounds before they clocked in.

I suppose this is why Chik-Fil-A has climbed to 3rd in fast food rankings. (But their chicken filets are getting smaller! Don’t think I haven’t noticed Cathy family!)

* The fast casual trend probably hasn't help the true fast food joints at all. It's crazy to walk into a Jimmy John's/Chipotle/Panera/etc and see nice looking, reasonable young adults working behind the counter. Make no mistake, those are fast food joints, too.....but they somehow seem like a "cool" place for a youngster to work.

* Getting a new Shake Shack here in town. I actually went to the one on 8th/44th this weekend in NYC (stayed right across the road). Around 10:30pm at night, the place was absolutely miserable and packed and people bumping into each other. Marcus Welbyavebeen a dance club in Vegas. Great food, horrible 15 minutes of my life.

* I'm so freaking proud of my Cincinnati Reds. Last place in the NL Central, only have a better record than 3 NL teams. This after their longest winning streak of the season. Just an amazing, fun, exciting year.

* May just tune into this big debate tonight after all. Gonna make a list of all the free shit I'll get if this thing swings the other way. Free! Free! Free!

* Rap isn't dead, BBdK. Do better, brah. Local free paper has a nice update this week on the front cover about ya girl Mia X. Still doing big things, imo.

http://www.antigravitymagazine.com/

* I think I'm in the extreme minority, but why does everyone seem to hate the Nissan Xterra? Nice looking rig, if you ask me.

* I don't think NBA Guy realizes just how god awful the Lakers roster is. Lebron, Kuzma, and Davis.......and 4 guys you've never heard of. Only ~ $25 million to fill out the rest of the roster. I just don't see how this is an NBA Championship caliber squad, unless they make some really big moves.

PTI no offense but you a idiot everyone knows the model to win in the NBA is overload on 1/2 guys and surround them with garbage. Just like in baseball.

I'm on board with the Xterra. I had the old box style Montero, that bitch was a machine until I barrel rolled it. 4Runner just seems like a chick vehicle to me.

Reactions: GrandePdre
Obviously the West is a tougher situation, but have you not paid attention to the majority of Lebron's Finals rosters? None had an AD, and Kuzma is a burgeoning star, at least as a 3rd wheel.

While they need to fill it out with shooting for sure, having 2 of the Top 5 players on the planet is a pretty good recipe for success in the NBA. (and they aren't done, imo)

I disagree with their current odds, but I can't imagine they won't be a major player.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayroon
You just missed the best peaches doggy. The peach truck comes once a year from Georgia, it came to about 4 locations in Louisville last weekend.

Lebron's finals rosters (except his first and last in Cleveland, both sweeps) are pretty much exactly what they are looking at now. Wade and Irving weren't as good as AD, but Bosh and probably Love were better than Kuzma at the points in their career when they joined Lebron.

Lebron is also aging and injured. It might work, but I'd probably rather have a more even distribution of talent at this point in his career if I were the GM.

* Any team with Lebron and AD is going to be a force, but the odds on favorite to win the title? Not so fast, my friend. Just think fans are jumping the gun with installing them as the favorite, and drastically underappreciating just how shitty their roster may very likely be.

Speaking of fast food, I am constantly astounded at people's inability to handle the concept of a multiple lane drive thru. From the oft conundrum of merging after ordering to some people who absolutely refuse to use the outside lane even if it has 2 to 3 cars less in it, Marcus Welby a complex math equation.

Last edited:
Reactions: -Mav-
You just missed the best peaches doggy. The peach truck comes once a year from Georgia, it came to about 4 locations in Louisville last weekend.

Georgia peaches have been migrating to KY for years...pay attention to the trail cams on I-75.

Durant officially a free agent.

I love that the Knicks *finally* have the inside track on a free agent superstar, and it’s one coming off a career ending type injury who expects a 5 year max contract for 4 years of service. Not to mention they’ll probably have to trade for the right to sign him to his declining post prime years.

Rooting like hell for this to happen.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Durant officially a free agent.

I love that the Knicks *finally* have the inside track on a free agent superstar, and it’s one coming off a career ending type injury who expects a 5 year max contract for 4 years of service. Not to mention they’ll probably have to trade for the right to sign him to his declining post prime years.

Rooting like hell for this to happen.
Ha! That ought to knock the Knicks down a peg!

-Even though I called Toronto in 6, I’m not sure if Klay doesn’t go down that GSW wouldn’t have won.

They keep the real prize of FA in Cousins at a continued somewhat discount, resign Klay, and fill out that bench with better support(their draft was a great start). Durant did them a favor, really.

-Screw LA, that soap opera is pitiful in every way, and the complete opposite of the direction Magic wanted to take them. The backstabbing has to be over not wavering on offering up the whole team minus LeBron, and all the near future #1’s.

- I miss Sunday NBA come April/May from the Garden with Marv Albert on the call :fire:.

That said, I wish they would make a run at Julius Randle. As soft as RJ and Knox are, they will need a rough dude. Perfect fit, IMHO.

- The Reds, just :(. They still are only a few games back for “A” playoff spot, but it is taking so long to get Scooter back. Hopefully this time the rumors are true and he does actually join the team when they get back from Anaheim.

- Work, holy shit who hit the “GO” button. No rain in sight creates havoc in my world.

- Longest stretch in 3 years with no vacation. Our next one will be long over due.

- Setting up a business with the Sec of State, but not with the Dept of Revenue is considered an major no no, apparently. #rookie

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Looking forward to throwing my bandwagoning half-assed support at the Lakers. Never like them growing up, but obviously AD is cherished and I have no problems with Lebron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT