ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the sun shines on a dogs ass, sometimes!

This seemingly is the most “everything makes sense” draft I’ve ever witnessed.

Other than Boston’s miscalculation of thinking they could move back and still get Brandon Clark, but then settling for Grant Williams.

Last June I'm not sure that anyone would believe that Herro would be drafted 16 spots above Keldon. This June I'm not sure it makes a lick of sense.

Great landing spots for both guys, though.

I think Barrett will be damn good in NY. Unfortunately, I also believe in Zion and like the Reddish pick, too.

Reddish just screams flop. A guy with perfect measurables and great workouts with suspect motor and lackluster production? Seen that too many times to count.

Played with a ballhog and for a geezer who’s shitting his pants on the sideline.

Reactions: krazykats
Meh, he seemed all too willing to let said ballhog do his thing. His defensive intensity is suspect as well.

I think he looks like a good prospect and probably worth taking where he was just because of potential and size, but I don't think he'll be a star.

Reactions: wcc31
The best thing that will help Reddish is playing alongside Hunter who will draw the tougher matchup every game.

Trae Young will find the shooter which will also benefit him.

-If PJ is the poster boy for returning to college, Jontay Porter is the reason you always go. Would've been a 1st round pick last year. Now 2 torn ACLs in the last year and undrafted with no contract. Brutal.

-Reds :eyes:

-That video of Manute and Bol Bol is fantastic. Easy to forget the human side and these guys are just youngsters.

-Toy Story 4 was really good. They did a hell of a job reinventing it and making the movie more than a cash grab. I'd put it right there with "How to Train your Dragon" and "Spiderverse"(probably the best) for best animated movies this year.

-Take a seat fat ankle Wisconsinites, summer is here. Some 90s now showing in the exclusive VIP WeatherUnderground portal.

-Finally got the interior of the garage painted and my weekend looks to include pressure washing, hanging shelves, and mounting storage systems. Get that lil ride out of the way first so I can turn on the tunes and board the domesto train. ChooChoo.

-Hunter had some decent odds for ROY.

-Justin Rogers is going to break my heart, I just know it.

- I feel that Matisse Thybulle story. My Heavens!

- :popcorn: at Nasir Little basically throwing UNC under the bus last night in his interview. He essentially said that Roy played him out of position and tried to make him something he wasn’t. Basically blamed his freefall on playing for UNC who mis-communicated and misused him all year.

^Not verbatim, but that’s how I interpreted it!

- Many of these guys came off as likeable fellas last night. . . except Romeo and dare I say, Tyler?

Reactions: krazykats
- As long as I can remember the NBA Draft being televised, I’ve stayed tuned in until our last guy is drafted before hitting the hay. Owe them that.

- Any shot Johnson surprises people? Good shooter. Great teammate. Lot of heart.

- Said it before, but following football recruiting has to be bizarre until signing day, when it’s admittedly awesome.

- Ax throwing tomorrow. Hmm.

- Could Herro be that star in the teens we see every year or two?

- Friday 5:

All Vampire Weekend this week.

This Life
Walcott
Diane Young
Harmony Hall
Bambina

- Top 5 Awesome Soft Drink Tap Finds as a Kid:

1. Welch’s Grape
2. Barqs Red Creme
3. A&W Cream Soda
4. Orange Crush
5. Cherry Coke

Draft Shorts:

-Hating Zion & wishing him a terrible career b/c he spent 6 months at Duke is so childish. Dude is incredible to watch, and obviously a great kid. Duke provides an endless stream of hateble guys, but he just isn't one of them imo. That interview, man. :cry:

-David Griffin is killing it. :eyes: That will be a fun team to watch grow over the coming years, they've got Boston Style picks coming. Congrats to the biggest Pelicans fan I know, PTI(pti)

-Busts: Brandon Clarke, Coby White, Jaxon Hayes

Coby's shock and joy when Cam Johnson got drafted 11 was really cool though, I'll admit.

-It's a shame we didn't really get to see much of Garland. Man, that stroke is a thing of beauty - kid seems perfect for today's NBA.

-Steals: Grant Williams (even though his stock climbed all the way through draft night) Kevin Porter Jr, Carsen Edwards

-Sleepers: Mariel Shayok, Talen Horton-Tucker, Kyle Guy

-Perfect Fit: Eric Paschall, Warriors.

-ROY: RJ Barrett

-Best Cat Career: PJ Washington

-I've been vocal about thinking Keldon is doomed in the NBA, but he could not have asked for a more perfect place to be drafted to for a player of his type.

-Tyler Herro, lottery pick. You cannot tell me the Kentucky Effect isn't a thing. Incredible.

I love the NBA Draft, but this offseason is just getting started...gonna be crazy.

Last edited:
With the Warriors losing in the NBA finals, and two of the 3 main pieces of their dynasty down for the year, this is really everything you could ask for as a basketball fan. For a league that’s by far the most top heavy, anyone’s got a chance to win in 2020. I expect GMs across the league to act accordingly.

The fact that the Vegas odds on the Lakers winning the title shot through the roof immediately after the Davis trade suggests that the sharps believe that the Lakers will be landing another star and be able to fill out the rotation with quality guys on the cheap.

On paper I don't see how they can both get a third star and a quality rotation but they managed to get Karl Malone and Gary Payton on the cheap back in the day so it will probably happen.

Right now the Lakers have no one other than Lebron, Davis, and Kuzma. The equivalent of 2004 Payton and Malone on veteran minimum deals would be a pretty effing excellent deal for them right now.

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah, as cool as that seemed on paper, those two were basically novelty guys at that point.

KG went God mode that year and if ONE of Sam Cassell/Troy Hudson stayed healthy in playoffs it would have been Minny-Detroit in Finals.

No, it wouldn’t.

Malone was forty years old. Payton was 35. That’s ancient. Those guys were available for veteran minimums because they were old and nobody wanted them.

It’s criminal how much fans underrate youth, athleticism, and depth.

For reference, the Lakers could pick up....

Tracy Mcgrady
Yao Ming
Lamar Odom
Dirk Nowitzki

All about the same age as Karl Malone was when he signed with the team in 2003.

Reactions: BernieSadori
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT