ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiger winning is not why I have no idea who won the cycling thing.

If you can afford to lose $85,000, you're either a rich dude or someone who misunderstood what "afford to lose" means.

The color of someone's shorts is nowhere near as upsetting as the length. Keep the inseam at least 7" or you're trying to make a statement no one is interested in.

Catching up on KSR, haha damn wish I could have called in.

For the record, they are luxury items, not investments...but I love boats and Por-sche’s.

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
Notes from the Ace Hotel lobby....

* I'm not sure the Mormons fully appreciate what they have in Utah. That state is up there with Colorado in terms of natural resources and beauty, but I don't think outdoor recreation is a huge part of their culture. Zion, Antelope, Moab, Bryce, and the Grand Canyon within a few hours drive. Wow. Just an incredible area.
* Took a DNF at mile 54. My ass is not currently in shape for this level of endurance. Too many events and not enough training.
* Got up early Sunday at hiked up Angel's Landing, which is incredible. Watch the YouTube videos. Even at my level of badassery, NO WAY was I tempting fate by capturing the hike on video. That's some scary shit.
* Drinking rules in Utah are a hoot. Different ABV%s depending on where you buy booze, strict closing times, requirements to buy food alongside alcohol, separate bar and restaurant areas under one roof. Religious snobs. Ugh.

* Tiger went out and earned it with exceptional play on Sunday, particularly on the back 9. The Masters just never disappoints.
* I'm actually happy for BBdK. I've gotten to drag my sweaty, body glided, tightly manscaped, stinky balls all over his face 25 or 30 times now. Glad he got a chance to get me back once, for a change. Honestly, I expected even better. Doesn't happen too often, so you should really soak it up.

* Ryan Bingham tonight. Tyler Childers tomorrow. Eek.

* Game of Thrones is such a tease. We wait like 2 years for a 50-minute show that just sets the table. Let's pick up the pace, fellas.

seth-hamel-enlighten-photography-21-1.jpg

Nope.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
I’m still trying to picture PJ in a Porsche.

I mean, that has to a little bit cramped.

Per my French pals’ Twitter RT, the French have been regrowing oaks at Versailles, to replace Notre Dame’s structure, since the last time it was burned during the revolution, 160 years ago. Hat tip to the French for having a plan to maintain Western Civilization, IMO - especially since they are arguably the front line.

Cool thread.
I wouldn't trust people like Brax, Llama, Geese, Booker, and Huber to regrow anything.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
I stopped closely following recruiting a few years ago, but doesn’t next years draft at least right now look a lot weaker?

-I thought it was Cluess from the get go. I was surprised to hear Moser. Maybe he's waiting for the DePaul job to inevitably open up. Then he can join the Big East without moving. They have a new arena. The Blue Demons are ready to rise.

-ESPN ranked the top grad transfers pre-Blackshear and Sestina was #2. I also saw Admon Gilder on there. He would be a great pickup. Chris Mack should inquire.

-I saw where Florida picked up one of the top transfers from La Tech. They have a solid core returning along with 2 McD AAs. They may be next year's LSU, minus the Will Wade drama.

-It sucks to lose Herro but I'm still giddy over Hagans and even Quickley returning. I've always loved the idea of Hagans and Maxey together. I think they'll be dynamite. We still need to see how the roster shakes out but I'm feeling good.

Succeed (at limping into a Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight) and proceed (to buy a 100,000 dollar vehicle with fringe top 20 draft pick money.)

Not quite the Wall/Cousins/Davis era, but okay, I guess.

Not quite the Wall/Cousins/Davis era, but okay, I guess.
Not to toss shade at Wall/Cousins but Herro/KJ accomplished exactly as much.

I think Bbdk touched on this but bellyaching about guaranteed first round/borderline lotto picks leaving is just, bellyaching.

Now if Nick or EJ leaves, snark away. Hell, I’m thrilled we aren’t sweating out Quickley and Hagans...that’s two quality sophs.

I wonder if one of the factors in Herro deciding to leave was getting yelled at like a dog during his final game?

- Justice Bushrod's "take" re: UK football overtaking bball is an all time absolute sh*t of a post. Jesus.

-- what's GYERO's consensus on Nick Ryan's. I'm definitely not a foodie but enjoyed. I also woke up in Louisville at 5:50 am that morning, went to Keeneland and stayed at the spring game as long as I could stand it so I would've probably eaten two fish sandwiches from McDonald's and claimed it the best meal I've ever eaten (which I may or may not have done)

--- I'm always truly shocked at traffic in Lexington.

Herro intended to be a one-and-done the minute he decommitted from Wisconsin and signed with UK instead.

He felt he was under-ranked in his class and was good enough to be a one-and-done with the right showcasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT