ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big fan of Quickley's "wrap it up" move after icing games at the stripe.

DGyi4a.gif
Giving air slap-fives after the first FT >>> "wrap it up" after the second FT

It appears that college basketball journalist is genuinely upset that De’Andre Hunter was left off the Naismith Finalists list.

Shorts:

- Just to start Lent off right, a reminder that Moby Dick sucks and the fish fry scene in NKY is far superior to that of Louisville. :pray:

- And don’t buy me a jagerbomb if you see me- I gave them up until Easter.

- How did none of the Fifes suit up for Duke?

- For some reason, I think Hagans gets it together.

- Duke’s my favorite (of course). Wondering if the Zags are as good as the numbers suggest. Don’t trust Carolina but I don’t want to see them again. Is Tennessee 2004 Kentucky? I think Michigan will make a big run.

- Hopin:

* Herro/Johnson are both on and consistent all tournament. Tough to beat a team with elite wings. And I think both of these dudes love the spotlight.

* Travis seemlessly returns

* Washington shows up every game

* Calm the turnovers down

* Regain our elite FT shooting

It appears that college basketball journalist is genuinely upset that De’Andre Hunter was left off the Naismith Finalists list.

In all fairness, it is a bit of a joke given he's one of the 5 best players in College Basketball, on one of the best teams.

-I don't think it's a matter of PJ showing up as much as it is him staying on the damn court. Especially with Travis out, he's got to avoid those quick early fouls, even if it means giving up a bucket or two.

-Herro better make 1st team ALL SEC.

Last edited:
Yup, no problem with Washington's poor rebounding effort b/c I assume it was him trying to avoid fouls. I'm ok with that but Johnson and Herro have to pick up that slack.

UK hasn't lost a SEC tournament game since losing to Florida in the championship game in 2014. Cal has only lost 3 total in one 3 year stretch between 12-14. Cal sure hates it tho.

Free throw shooting last night was ok but the timing of misses was big:

Washington 1-2 :rolleyes:
Herro 2-2 :clap:
Hagans 4-5 [smoke] (but the one miss was the front end late)
Richards 2-2 [banana]
Quickley 2-2 icing the game :pimp:
Johnson 3-7 (including missing multiple front ends) [sick]

Florida was playing really well with wins @LSU and @Bama and then they drop a home game to friggen Georgia o_O

PJ's woofing is good for causing him two fouls a game - Gets pushed going down court after scoring on somebody and gets caught pushing back. Boom, double foul. A few minutes later he is posting up and the guy guarding him is getting overly aggressive and gets a foul. Boom, makeup call on the other end. Add in a couple of silly reach ins and our star is on the bench until the under 4 TO.

* Man, been working like a madman for the last month or so. Every time I catch up, more gets piled on. I need some R&R.

* Heading down to Rupp on Saturday for a little Senior Day action.

* Just crushed some homemade veggie chili. A+
Will go with some more traditional seafood lenten fare tonight.

* Looking forward to the SECT. Heading south around noon on Thursday. Holla at me.

I know Nashville gets old to a lot of you sophisticated types, but I always have a blast honky tonkin' with my friends.

* GoT. Eek.

* Jimmy Dykes needs to cut his words per game in half.

* The Redlegs should at least be fun to watch this season. Hope to make it to quite a few more games. Expect them to hover around .500, but who knows? Could go either way.

* Our PGs do not enjoy ball pressure, do they? Getting our offense started was a chore at times. 7 TOs felt like 20 last night.

* Ol' PJ needs to figure out how to stay on the floor. We need him.

* Battling a bit of a cold. Seems to be getting better. I look like Rudolph, though.

* Saw the latest installment of How to Train Your Dragon with the girls. Loved it.

* Disney's Frozen on Ice tomorrow night. I hope the chick playing Elsa is as hot as the cartoon character.

* I want to believe that this trick posting shit about Kash is making it all up, but I don't.

* Ready for some spring weather. This shit sucks.

* Even when he is getting blocked at the rim, I love aggressive Keldon. WTF happened to his FT stroke, though?

* New neighbors moving in across the street. Moving truck lawn jobbed me. :mad: Furious.

* Cinco de Mayo, Kentucky Derby and my kid's First Communion party all on the same weekend? We're gonna need more brisket.

* I'm smarter than this (maybe), but I am getting my hopes up that we will have Herro, Hagans, Quickley, Baker, Richards and maybe Montgomery back next year. Fresh off of #9, of course.

* Lace 'em up, GYERO! It's our time of the year. Let's do what we do.

-i like Louisville and my Louisville friends. That said louisville folk are too often what i like to call "shit sandwich" types when it comes to their town.

Person: "I just ate a shit sandwich."

Louisvillian: "I had two shit sandwiches once." More apprapo: " You haven't lived till you've eaten a shit sandwich in Louisville."

-lulz.

Insecure little rivertown. Do some research on their city university and its sports programs for an example.

-i like Louisville and my Louisville friends. That said louisville folk are too often what i like to call "shit sandwich" types when it comes to their town.

Person: "I just ate a shit sandwich."

Louisvillian: "I had two shit sandwiches once." More apprapo: " You haven't lived till you've eaten a shit sandwich in Louisville."

-lulz.

WAIT - YOU CAN'T PRINT THAT!

Reactions: rudd1
Yep. They're either losing in Round 2 or going to the Final Four.

Would be a pretty interesting matchup with Duke TBH IMO. Ghosts of 2006 ATKOT.

I was thinking the same thing, if they’re the 2 or 3 or whatever in Dukes bracket that would be really interesting if they made it that far, don’t think it would be a good matchup for Duke at all with their length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT