ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good win.

We need the big boy back.

Survived another season on the conference road. shew

Washington and Johnson need to get it together at the line. What the hell.

Washington with one rebound.

Quick and EJ with some winning plays down the stretch- props.

Big ups to Herro and Johnson. Great game.

Ole Miss dance team. my word.

-kj was *yuge* in the first half. Obvious player of the game. 9 boards.

-herro's line is silly. 20 on 8 of 12. 5 reb a couple of assists and 3 steals. No turnovers. *well rounded *

-glad pj decided to participate in the 2nd half. I love our wings...but this is his team, imo.

- 8 pts, 12 reb and 5 blocks from the "5" spot. That'll do.

-quickly was fine.

-baker was meh.

-ashton has to tighten up. Like the kid.

-go kates.

* If Herro and Johnson are hitting threes we are tough to beat, even without Reid Travis.

* I'm cool with Nick Richards fouling out of every game. Why not?

* How in the holy hell did PJ only grab one rebound? That is embarrassing. He played OK overall by mon Dieu man, you were built to get boards. I don't care if it is a circus game on the road in the SEC West. One is not acceptable.

* With Reid back, this team is going to have the rotation cut down to almost nothing, which is Calipari's baliwick. We have 5 good/great players and then Quickley and Montgomery/Richards. It would be nice if one of Quickley, Montgomery, or Richards could do a passable impression of Darius Miller in 2012. That won't happen but it would be nice.

* Ole Miss should have stuck with Andy Kennedy. Like his namesake at TAMU Billy Kennedy, Andy is a pretty good coach and Ole Miss is an OK program. Changing things just to change things seems silly.

(I realize that Andy Kennedy has off the court issues that complicate things, but still.)

Also, that is an under the radar great win on the road without a key player late in the year with a young team.

Calipari is incredible.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Kermit was a really good hire.
Agreed. Couldn’t disagree more with Hank’s keeping Kennedy take. Kennedy was what he was by the end of it. They weren’t getting better and weren’t really making tournaments. Kermit consistently whipped Ole Miss’ ass while he was at Middle. If that guy can recruit at all they’re going to be in the top 5 of the league consistently.

Kermit Davis can coach his balls off. That was your last place team in the SEC last year and they don't lose anybody of any significance, so if he's halfway decent at recruiting, they're not going anywhere.

Firing the Hitman was a win-win. Ole Miss got better and so did SEC Network.

Just beat Tennessee in the semifinals. That's the last day people are paying attention anyway.

Congrats to the Big 12 for being man enough to take it from Kansas. I was wrong.

- Who names their son Kermit?

- Per the IRS, I’m open for business! Although I didn’t feel so special on the phone call when the lady said “well your in the business of being open for business, I guess”. Thanks for the uplifting touch BIA......

- In the “your a dumbass” column pencil me in for buying a boat late in a season, and selling the boat just before the next season.

:cry:

- It was obvious we were going to be in a tight one last night, and I’ll credit the wife after the boat talk for popping open a Blantons and keeping my glass full. Made me just accept the win and move on without much worry at all.

- Demarcus Cousins, man! You can take the boy out of Alabama but you can’t take the Bama out of the boy.

- Scheduled our spring break in pigeon forge. Can not wait!

Reactions: Mashburned
It's great to see the triumvirate of KJ, Herro, and PJ step up when needed but we need UNC Hagans if we're going to win a title. Those late careless turnovers concern me. When he's in controlled attack mode, we are elite. He needs to lock in.

Last edited:
-When Kentucky scuffled to an 8-point win over Arkansas at Rupp last week, Joey Brackets said he was considering dropping them off the 1-line. Duke barely escapes Wake Forest at Cameron last night.....crickets. Arkansas is currently ranked #73 in the NET rankings. Wake? ONE HUNDRED AND FREAKING NINETY-EIGHTH.

I know, I know.....it's all hypotheticals. Mock brackets are just mock brackets. But it's not too much to ask for some consistency.

-Any win last night was gonna be a good win. I'm not complaining.

-The freshman wall is real. We used to hear about it far more often when freshmen weren't expected to carry the load. So for this bunch to fight through a sluggish night against a good opponent on the road and eke out a W....this win should carry a LOT of weight with the committee if we drop one in Nashville.

-My middle school Rec League team down two with 40 seconds left. Quick bucket to tie it. Other team calls their final TO. Starts play again with six on the court. Technical. We hit 1 of 2. Before we inbound it, they call TO. None left. Another technical. We hit 2 of 2 and dribble out the clock. Coach Llama's genius drags his team to victory once again.

-Richie's annual diatribe on SEC West basketball "fans" is my underrated GYERO hatboggan.

Big fan of Quickley's "wrap it up" move after icing games at the stripe.

DGyi4a.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT