ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Zuckerberg / Facebook

I looked at the numbers for Kentucky almost every single day for close to 6 months. Wish i still had some of the emails/texts i sent with the breakdown. They absolutely did NOT warrant a shutdown of the length it went on, if at all. Especially the schools. It was almost like kids were immune to it and that goes for kids up through 12th grade and beyond. It was basically the flu for anyone under 75 and/or those without 2+ co-morbidities.
The age inflection point was 40-45.

I'm glad you weren't in charge of public health here. Although your capacity to see the future would have been invaluable.

The age inflection point was 40-45.

I'm glad you weren't in charge of public health here. Although your capacity to see the future would have been invaluable.

Any data on countries that had little to no shutdown? By seeing the results would that change your opinion?

Selective memory.
Mirror

Our first big sample was the Skagit, Washington choir. 60 people practiced, none with obvious symptoms of COVID. 45 got the disease. 2 died. That's over a 3% mortality.

I know you're 75ish. You do realize that most choirs, community or church, skew to your age bracket. Why would they be a reflection on the entire society?

The youngest of those sickened was 31, but they averaged 67, according to the health department.

On March 18, Burdick received a message from Nancy “Nicki” Hamilton, an 83-year-old soprano, known for her political activism and tales of international travel. She was worried about a fellow member.

Three days later, he received another call. Hamilton had been rushed to the hospital soon after he had talked with her and now she was dead.

The other death was also a woman in her 80s. I can see where you would want to ere on the side of caution on the unlikely deaths of two women in their eighties passing from this earth. We upended the world because of people like you.

The Skagit County choir COVID-19 outbreak – have we got it wrong?​

Public Health

Volume 214, January 2023, Pages 85-90
We show it is vanishingly unlikely that this was a single point source outbreak as has been widely claimed and on which modelling has been based.

An unexamined assumption has led to erroneous policy conclusions about the risks of singing, and indoor spaces more generally, and the benefits of increased levels of ventilation. Although never publicly identified, one individual bears the moral burden of knowing what health outcomes have been attributed to their actions. We call for these claims to be re-examined and for greater ethical responsibility in the assumption of a point source in outbreak investigations.

Hard to believe anyone still argues the lockdown tyranny was a good idea. It was clear to me then but nowadays there are literally loads of data that says unequivocally it was the wrong decision.

Nearly everything censured was all speech later accepted as correct. Most of which they knew to be correct at the time which is the most scary part.

Hard to believe anyone still argues the lockdown tyranny was a good idea. It was clear to me then but nowadays there are literally loads of data that says unequivocally it was the wrong decision.

Nearly everything censured was all speech later accepted as correct. Most of which they knew to be correct at the time which is the most scary part.

Well the alternative would be to admit to yourself you supported the destruction of innocent lives for no reason, participated in the largest (unscientific) medical trial the world has ever seen for no reason, sacrificed a year+ of your life for no reason and sacrificed every single shred of independent thought for reliance on pharma shills for no reason.

For most that’s probably too much to bear. So they have to keep pretending.

I looked at the numbers for Kentucky almost every single day for close to 6 months. Wish i still had some of the emails/texts i sent with the breakdown. They absolutely did NOT warrant a shutdown of the length it went on, if at all. Especially the schools. It was almost like kids were immune to it and that goes for kids up through 12th grade and beyond. It was basically the flu for anyone under 75 and/or those without 2+ co-morbidities.
Yeah I remember talking to a high up administrator in FCPS one day on the phone imploring them to open schools. Her words to me were kids are dying all the time from covid, it’s just too dangerous. I said hey, have you checked out that handy fancy state government dashboard that has the “facts”. I looked at it while on phone and said I actually just pulled up the numbers. It had breakdown by ages. I think school age kids had 2 deaths over the two years (and not necessarily directly related to Covid, they had other conditions ). We all remember that fun explanation where maybe someone died from a botched heart surgery, fell off a cliff, etc, but they had Covid, so they called it a Covid death 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Yeah I remember talking to a high up administrator in FCPS one day on the phone imploring them to open schools. Her words to me were kids are dying all the time from covid, it’s just too dangerous. I said hey, have you checked out that handy fancy state government dashboard that has the “facts”. I looked at it while on phone and said I actually just pulled up the numbers. It had breakdown by ages. I think school age kids had 2 deaths per over the two years (and not necessarily directly related to Covid, they had other conditions ). We all remember that fun explanation where maybe someone died from a botched heart surgery, fell off a cliff, etc, but they had Covid, so they called it a Covid death 🤦🏻‍♂️.

The very first in the nation child covid death was a big deal. Then at the press conference someone pressed the governor or whomever it was. Turned out the caregiver, presumably mother, rolled over on the child in their sleep and smothered the child.

Still death by covid and msm ran with it despite the very obviously not caused by covid scenario.

An unexamined assumption has led to erroneous policy conclusions about the risks of singing, and indoor spaces more generally, and the benefits of increased levels of ventilation. Although never publicly identified, one individual bears the moral burden of knowing what health outcomes have been attributed to their actions. We call for these claims to be re-examined and for greater ethical responsibility in the assumption of a point source in outbreak investigations.
The article discards a "point source" cause for the infection, but it doesn't assert that the people there just coincidentally all happened to be sick**. It just says it was likely more. In fact, it doesn't assert much of anything except that it was unlikely that only one person was the cause. It also doesn't think much of increased ventilation. It also -- bizarrely to me -- hints that some one person "bears the moral burden of knowing what health outcomes have been attributed to their actions." While more than one singer in the chorale may have brought COVID to the practice, it's beggars belief that many did and there is a moral burden associated with trying to stop the spread of a disease. The bizarre judgmental phrasing that seems to demands perfect knowledge -- which doesn't exist -- before advising caution made me look up who the hell ScienceDirect was. I'm trying to remember the last scolding I've read in scientific literature and am drawing a blank. The authors of that particular study are from aerospace, a social scientist who had previously written a paper on "fear mongering", a music director, and one doctor. In the body of the text there are two sections: Funding and Competing Interests. For both, the paper notes: None Declared.

I read the precis and the study spends a great deal of space to the issue of the dangers of music rehearsals and singing in a pandemic. Also note (for the one reader who has not blown this off) that this paper doesn't object to the original study, but that seems CYA phrasing in light of the "one person" accusation in the opening. Which "one person" went on to blight it for the rest.

The organization is part of the Elsevier chain of publications. Elsevier is the biggest publisher of academic journals. But I'd like to know if this paper had a further life in epidemiology.

**But it wanted to. Read it carefully. It wanted all of these people to have been sick prior to the rehearsal.

IIRC, none of the Scandanavian locked down or closed schools.

Also, India put everyone on Ivermectin. Somehow, the country with the worst hygienic conditions on the planet, ranked much better than the US on the Coronometer.

Hmm...

Reactions: trueblujr2
Sweden didn't shut down a much and had ~23,000 deaths. A lower rate of mortality. They also had a 90% buy in over social distancing, masks, etc

No need for a silly caveat to try and add confusion like social distancing which Dr Fauci already admitted was based on absolutely no scientific data or thought whatsoever. No shut down - lower mortality. Those are the facts. The post before that a poster said he would’ve ended shutdown earlier and you told him you were glad he wasn’t in charge. Then a post later you admit to knowing that Sweden had lower mortality even with no shutdown. Like WTF are you talking about?

No need for a silly caveat to try and add confusion like social distancing which Dr Fauci already admitted was based on absolutely no scientific data or thought whatsoever. No shut down - lower mortality. Those are the facts. The post before that a poster said he would’ve ended shutdown earlier and you told him you were glad he wasn’t in charge. Then a post later you admit to knowing that Sweden had lower mortality even with no shutdown. Like WTF are you talking about?
In a related story... Liberals have been found to be really, really, stupid.

In a related story... Liberals have been found to be really, really, stupid.

I’ll be honest I’m not a Republican or democrat and frankly find both ridiculous. I just had to really get involved in the COVID stuff due to both my work and family situation and it was the most ridiculous shitshow I’ve ever seen in my life, and hope to ever see again. The messaging, the policies, the regulation - shit. Just pure shit. Anyone that was impartial would be appalled.

I’ll be honest I’m not a Republican or democrat and frankly find both ridiculous. I just had to really get involved in the COVID stuff due to both my work and family situation and it was the most ridiculous shitshow I’ve ever seen in my life, and hope to ever see again. The messaging, the policies, the regulation - shit. Just pure shit. Anyone that was impartial would be appalled.
Fauci is a big time Hillary supporter. The stupidity is pretty one sided.

Less shutdown. And, of course, distancing works. Communicable diseases don't teleport. What I read said that Sweden bought into the other methods more than most places. Something caused the discrepancy. and increasing contact didn't cause less infection.

Less shutdown. And, of course, distancing works.

If you have something that shows proof that the 6 foot social distancing regulations “of course worked” against COVID I’m more than happy to look at it, as of yet the only thing you’ve “of course worked” proved is that less shutdown caused a decreased mortality rate towards COVID. Why are you so hell bent on defending rules placed on you that in hindsight weren’t that effective anyway? Wouldnt you rather question them in case something like this ever happens again?

That not so old saying strikes again:

Whats the difference between a conspiracy and the truth? About 8 months.
How many times have we heard ''it's a private company, they can do what they want''? Sure, but they can do what they want with input from the Government. Which is still censorship. Legal censorship, but still censorship all the less.

If you have something that shows proof that the 6 foot social distancing regulations “of course worked” against COVID I’m more than happy to look at it, as of yet the only thing you’ve “of course worked” proved is that less shutdown caused a decreased mortality rate towards COVID. Why are you so hell bent on defending rules placed on you that in hindsight weren’t that effective anyway? Wouldnt you rather question them in case something like this ever happens again?
If you're in Spain you're not going to catch COVID from someone in Hawaii. Right? What's the smallest effective distance? I don't know.

You mean that it will harm children so we should shut down schools because of it? Or that distancing 6 feet will protect you? Or that you need to shut down mom n pop stores but keep big box stores open because we’re all in it together? Or that the vaccines stop the spread? Or that masks were effective against it? Ahhhh you know what f*ck this I got all riled up again lol. F*ck that time period. Jesus help me
Don't forget to snitch on your neighbors and church for having a BBQ!

Reactions: Ron Mehico
That whole Libertarian shtick is hysterical. I've seen it on the innertubes since back in USENET days. And this morning in the shower, I finally realized the perfect picture of the innertubes Libertarian:

EqGh5I0VoAEy6FL.jpg

Grover Dill from A Christmas Story. "Whooth next?"

Rugged internet individualist. Standing tall with Donnie Farkus. (Just look at that red stuff on his head!)
I've found the perfect picture of the innertubes bootlicker/authoritarian.

RTJN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT