ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd normally want Florida(might have helped us??) and Bama to win their games the last two nights since they are on the bubble. However, Murray State has a chance to maybe steal an at large if they don't win the OVC. Ja Morant needs to be in the NCAAT.

Not yet, I don't think. The Garland injury was devastating but they should be better. If they do, John Brannen should be high on the list.

Rondo sitting with the court siders instead of his teammates.

D1CLsRrVsAA1hIn.jpg

Reactions: Mashburned
Not yet, I don't think. The Garland injury was devastating but they should be better. If they do, John Brannen should be high on the list.

John’s little brother has Walton-Verona in the Kentucky E8 as well.

Fire him after the best recruit in school history went down in November?

Thought we were college basketballs in here. smh
Believe you're underselling how bad they've been.

0 conference wins. Zero. Got pasted by Arkansas last night. They haven't won a game this year. Set the record for most losses in a Vandy season(hell of an accomplishment) and only losing record in Memorial history(built in 1952).

They'll likely bring him back but you'd have to imagine next year would be a really hot seat.

Shorts:

-Cheese belongs on all fast food/fried white meat sandwiches. American, preferably.

-Is there any such thing as Stage 1/2/3 pancreatic cancer? Man, what a scary/shit disease. :cry:

-Really can't believe LSU hasn't slipped at ALL down the stretch. I know they're really good, and of course, they've had a little luck on the way, but SEC teams like that fall off a cliff at about a 95% rate late in the season. Props to them.

-Watching Escape at Dannemora currently. Haven't seen Benicio del Toro in a long time...still a badass.

-KAT is on quite a tear since his accident. :eyes:

-I'll never understand how important the Draft Combines are....sure, they give some decent info, but is .1 on a 40 time, height, weight, or whatever other measurement really worth setting aside someone's entire career of work? Foolish.

-Cam Reddish has been a dud in Zion's absence. I know some cute takes are out there that he'll be the best pro of the bunch b/c he can shoot...but I really question whether he has "it" or not. I know it's not uncommon with freshman, but he seems way too content w/ doing nothing far too often for a supposed Top 3 pick. Have the same issue with Romeo, btw.

^ Gimme Ja in the #3 slot.

-Herro climing, Keldon falling. Other than being black, is there a single reason you'd draft Keldon over Herro in today's NBA? Pretty sure I would not.

-Something I never thought I'd say = 2 Chainz new album is :fire::sunglasses:

-Ok, I'm officially ready for short sleeve, or at least windbreaker weather. :basketball::golf:

Last edited:
Good thing for Duke though is that none of their games count while Zion is out. Even if he misses the rest of the year, there will be an * in the record book by the champion because Zion couldn't play.

If he really doesn't play, there should be Vegas odds on Coach K passing out or falling to the ground with back spasms.

No Zion for Duke = no title. But as Chase stated, no RT for UK = no title.

That probably opens it up for UNC. [sick] Are you kidding?

No effing thank you to that. [roll]

Also as UCL stated, even with Big Z, Duke's shooting, whether it's 3s or, more likely, FTs, is going to bite them.

Reactions: roguemocha
We talk about Duke and K being untouchable - and at some extent it is jealousy, but it doesn't make it untrue.

You can't convince me that Bagley gets cleared anywhere but Duke or that the national media doesn't park itself in Cal's backyard if we get Zion following the stories that have come out about his recruitment. The Semi Ojeleye stuff blew away like dust in the wind. No one every called him out for playing Giles when he wasn't close to being ready. On and on and on.

But as long as Lebron, his agency, the NC2A, and Nike are cool with it...guess he'll keep picking and choosing his guys until he is 95 years old.

That's really what burns my ass up about K compared to Cal is how no one is willing to apply the same criticism to them equally. Even one of my buddies the other day, a casual CBB fan, says he like K because they just recruit the right way. I'm like, wtf are you talking about? He pivoted to target OADs, has not done any better and probably has done worse than Cal and oh yeah, K will discard a player in a nanosecond where Cal will double-down on them and tell everyone he's ending generational poverty so deal with it.

Reactions: Century Cat
Even if Zion comes back and is 100%...

No team as young as Duke has ever won a title.

No team that shoots as poorly as Duke from three has ever won a title.

No team who gets 50% if its scoring from two guys has won a title in over 50 years. (Barrett & Williamson score 53% of Duke's points.)

So yeah, they're great, and yeah, Zion's a generational talent, and yeah, K is K, but still.

They're going to have to overcome a shitload of history to win it all.

Reactions: Century Cat
Duke has two top-5 picks currently playing ... and they flat out SUCK without Zion. Poor K. Guy can't catch a break.
I mean, let's not forget Tre Jones is likely a 1st rounder too.

I about fell off my chair after the Wake Forest game when K was *complaining* about not having a complete enough squad (edit: without Zion) to play at a high level. [eyeroll]

F*ck that guy.

Last edited:
You can't convince me that Bagley gets cleared anywhere but Duke or that the national media doesn't park itself in Cal's backyard if we get Zion following the stories that have come out about his recruitment. The Semi Ojeleye stuff blew away like dust in the wind. No one every called him out for playing Giles when he wasn't close to being ready. On and on and on.

But as long as Lebron, his agency, the NC2A, and Nike are cool with it...guess he'll keep picking and choosing his guys until he is 95 years old.

Eric Bledsoe getting cleared pretty much disqualifies UK from ever having a say regarding the recruitment of anyone, ever.

What Cal did behind the scenes to get Bledsoe, Cousins, and Wall to UK was about as unjust as it can get.

So...TFP.

And, enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT