ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is less about Travis and more about the trickledown effect it has on the rest of the team when you remove PJ as well.

Part of the reason you get a shit performance from Keldon and Tyler is because of the focus they get from a smart team like UT when there are no other offensive threats on the floor. They both rely on others to assist in getting their shots.

Whatever, Eric Bledsoe for Ole Miss.

We sucked ass today, and it wasn’t the fault of Travis being out.

If that’s your primary take from this game, and it seems to be for many, check yourselves.

We sucked ass today AND your Reid Travis take is your typical overly-dramatic, trying-way-too-hard-to-be-cool estrogen soaked nonsense.

You're the Merlene Davis of GYERO.

Once again, just like most games, we lost because we shot like shit. How many open 3s and FTs did we miss? We scored fifty two touching points. They only had 71 points it’s not they were on fire. Every game we’ve lost other than opening night we’ve shot like shit. Yes we had 100 turnovers and gave shit effort, but we also shot like 10% from 3, basketball isn’t that complicated.

You don’t get it Ron, stop trying to be cute.

With Reid, we make those free throws and open 3s, don’t turn it over out top like little bitches, stop Bone from dominating the game, and likely win by double digits.

Meh,

You beat a team who shoots percentages in the 30's from the field, 20's from 3 and mid 60's in foul shots by less than 20 points on your home court?

Unimpressed.

Herro was Duddits today.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Roughly an hour after the game is over, PJ just posted an article about his draft stock going up and Jamal Baker posted a clip of his three pointer.

Jackasses.

But that’s why you go to Kentucky. For the draft stock and the pub.

With or without Travis, we’re losing this game. He would’ve helped, but not 19 points worth. The whole team was ass.

The bottom line is that we’re 11 days from postseason play and we’ve put up two consecutive shit performances. It’s been 4 years since we’ve made a Final 4, and there’s no reason this team shouldn’t get there.

You’re the second highest paid coach in America, John. Earn your f’ing money.

This game is on Cal....Travis is out so mentioning him is redic!

Herro, Hagans and Johnson driving 1 on 3-4 isn’t on Travis.
EJ and Nick being barely decent at either end of the floor isn’t on Travis.
Not calling a TO to settle them down isn’t on Travis.
Baker and Quickley not being as good as advertised isn’t on Travis.
Not forcing the ball to PJ and playing through him isn’t on Travis.

Just keep yelling you fat Wop.....
This one is all on you!!!!

“wildcatchad doesn’t care about white people”

george-bush-talks-disgusting-kanye-outburst-compressed.jpg

Reactions: Col. Angus
There was 0 calming presence on the court tonight to start the game and when things were going horrible in the first half. Travis would have made a huge impact there as he did in several games early this year. I don't care if his stat line was something stupid like 8-3-1 or something like that, his presence on the court alone more than makes up for the fact that he could probably trip on a piece of paper going up for a dunk.

Reactions: BristolCat
We just got a sweetnight gel top foam mattress for 400 bucks. Jesus christ it is amazing. I can't imagine that any mattress that is 1000 dollars better than it.

Duke won in a rout.

UNC won after being down in the second half.

Kansas won after being down late.

Indiana won against a top 10 team after losing late.

LSU won after being down late.

Tennessee beat Kentucky by a million points.

What a complete shitsshow of a Saturday.

I had no confidence at all that we would win today. None. If we wouldn’t have gotten blown out, I’d be fine right now. We had 8 fouls on our only 3 bigs on the roster with 7 minutes left in the 1st half.

We’re not dropping off the two line and I’m still not too sure a 2 in the South isn’t better than a 1 in the Midwest.

Plus, we have a chance to get them back in Nashville in two weeks.

Is what it is. Move on.

Much love,

wildbitchchad

I think we're all Gaels tonight....

Edit: Watched the Zags' last two games. CBB pundits can spin all they want, but the WCC is garbage. Hachimura being guarded by slow, lumbering 6-6 white kids every night. I'd love to see what the Zags' record would be if they played a ACC or SEC schedule.

Last edited:
I hate saying that I didn’t think we would win yesterday just bc you knew UT would be foaming at the mouth and play with their best energy all year in front of a raucous crowd.

What chaps my ass is how we took their best punch and retreated like a bunch of pussies. Just like the Duke game. Good grief, we did nothing right and broke down into all systems failure mode. Really disappointing.

Travis or no Travis it just wasn’t going to happen yesterday. However, the little things he does or the way he can affect the game that don’t show up in the box score are sorely missed. When Johnson was driving against Arkansas and constantly met 3 dudes at the rim blocking his shot.. They don’t respect Montgomery or Richards where that doesn’t happen with Travis bc the defense has to at least honor ability to score on the block. Setting wide screens, defense, the dirty work off the ball you don’t really pick up on television, etc Teams going right at PJ knowing we’re touched if he gets 2 early fouls, Travis’ ability to apply pressure on their bigs drawing fouls. This team needs all of that.

Cal needs to light into the team about their selfish and bullshit performance, get Travis healthy and get their minds right. Ole Miss will be tough. I want to head into Nashville on a high note.

-Playing UT in the semis actually works to our advantage if we win out. Allows us to get them while the committee is still paying attention.

-Very worried about Tuesday. A loss would lock in a 2 and make the Duke region very likely.

-At Rupp we won the boards by 13 and had 11 less fouls.

-Still #5 in NET but dropped in kenpom, especially offensive efficient(lol).

What a weird season from Hagans. Begins the year looking completely incompetent, then Quade leaves and he goes on about a 6 game tear where he’s the best player on our team, now he’s reverted back...not as bad as he was at the beginning of the season but more just “meh”. We need some bounce back from him if this team is going anywhere.

Hagans' regression is especially frustrating because he seized the job and became unquestionably the only option as starting point guard and then his game dropped off a cliff.

In November, it was a legit question whether Quade, Quickley, or Hagans was the best option to start. Hagans took the job by force and now looks lost. It isn't like Quickley is competition, either, so it just is what it is.

The good thing about getting a “bad draw” is that the teams in question have to win to the point where they actually play each other, which many seem to forget. You don’t play all the other 15 teams in your region, folks.

#themoreyouknow

Hagans just looks like he’s hit the wall. He’s become ball dominant and the defense knows he’s driving just to kick (so they’re staying with shooters more). Not much can change if he doesn’t break through and start converting in the lane/at the rim.

Its kind of amazing to me how much the media suck off Williams and Admiral, but you rarely hear them even mention Bone, who IMO, is their best player and best future pro.

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
What chaps my ass is how we took their best punch and retreated like a bunch of pussies. Just like the Duke game. Good grief, we did nothing right and broke down into all systems failure mode. Really disappointing.
In a hostile road environment with a young team, the wheels can fall off quickly.

Pretty much the same thing happened last year @ Florida in the last game of the season. Down 48-33 at HT. That team had a lot more flaws than this team, but bounced back to win the SEC-T pretty impressively.

Cal lives to get his team on an neutral court. If Reid Travis returns at near 100%, this is a team that has the pieces and depth to make a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT