ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still say if we had Travis we win by 6-27. JMO

Nevermind that the entire team played like a bunch of pussies. He would have been a 30-55 point difference. JMO

Yeah - he likely would’ve shut Bone down. That’s his strength, after all.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
I just wish to god we could run one half court offensive set that wasn't the weave...

You know, a couple screens, some ball movement, an open shot every five or six possessions...

*salt and pepper and sugar packets on a table*

Hard to believe we've lost 4 in a row @ Tennessee....

Add Rick Barnes to the list of coaches, which includes Steve Alford and Scott Drew, that has Cal's number. Pretty remarkable, really.

Reactions: Col. Angus
You need to read into those offensive stats. They have no one on that team that can get their own bucket. That’s troubling.

This. These offensive weaknesses have been there even with Travis in the lineup. PJ has just been so brilliant recently that they were covered up.

It was no coincidence that the entire house of cards came tumbling down once Cal subbed PJ out for two fouls in the first half. During our run in conference, our play has been too dependent on PJ's performance and the two most recent games have brought that too light. Herro even had an all time shooting performance against Arkansas and we still could've lost that game.

Our shooting distribution suggests that the 3rd guy should be Keldon Johnson. He looked like he was the best player on the team at one point. Now he can't even get the rim on the drive, rendering him a non-threat once you run him off the 3 point line. He has looked so limited in his current role that I've started to question if he can be that tertiary or secondary offensive threat.

Maybe Reid Travis is that guy when PJ can't play or is having a bad game. I'm skeptical given his conference performance, but I have confidence we'll converge on some sort of solution. Cal has a good track record cramming before the final exam, if you will.

Roughly an hour after the game is over, PJ just posted an article about his draft stock going up and Jamal Baker posted a clip of his three pointer.

Jackasses.

Last edited:
We got rolled by a hell of a team, that we recently embarrased, with our AA sitting most of the 1st half and our other big injured. Equaled the beat down we put on them 2 weeks ago when they looked just as hapless. Haven't been beaten like that since November. Need to lick our wounds and win out until SECCG. Do that and these heavily flawed, mediocre, bitches are a 1 seed or at worst the first 2 seed. Get a grip.

We beat them by 17, they beat us by 19. Rubber match in the SEC championship/tourney will tell us the truth.

I will roll with these guys against what I think is a pretty weak year minus the top few.

Yeah, we'll bounce back, and getting Travis back will help. Season's not over, there's reasons for optimism, absolutely. But call me old-fashioned or whatever but the thought that these guys are posting their headlines online less than an hour after what we just watched makes me sick.

UT go boat raced at UK, they recovered, we got boat raced at UT without a key player, We will get over it. Damn some people in here are truly Jekyll and Hyde. It is one touching game, on the road, hostile environment, you guys are wayyyy better than this. For a lot of people in this thread claiming to be basketballs, you sure are stupid. If you really and truly expected to go into Knoxville, without a key player, and win, that is on you.

The rubber match in the SEC Tourney will determine who is the better team, we win out, beat UT a second time, this game does not mean jack shit. We will still grab the 1 seed.

My biggest concern ===> if PJ isn’t in rhythm offensively, everything else is difficult.

PJ goes out of the game, who are you hoping takes the shot or can bail us out? Tyler and Keldon I guess but without PJ or Reid getting attention in the post things are really difficult for those two. Both are built to attack closeouts or hit shots off of screens or post help. Nobody is helping on a post touch for EJ or Richards and Ashton’s man is always helping off him to shade those two.

And Dk can snark all he wants about Travis but at least you can toss it into the post and teams have to honor it...which trickles down to our other guys. Remove PJ and Reid both from the equation and everything is hard, it’s 2 on 5.

In conclusion, we need Travis back stat.

My biggest concern ===> if PJ isn’t in rhythm offensively, everything else is difficult.

PJ goes out of the game, who are you hoping takes the shot or can bail us out? Tyler and Keldon I guess but without PJ or Reid getting attention in the post things are really difficult for those two. Both are built to attack closeouts or hit shots off of screens or post help. Nobody is helping on a post touch for EJ or Richards and Ashton’s man is always helping off him to shade those two.

And Dk can snark all he wants about Travis but at least you can toss it into the post and teams have to honor it...which trickles down to our other guys. Remove PJ and Reid both from the equation and everything is hard, it’s 2 on 5.

In conclusion, we need Travis back stat.
Rack 'em.

Only a simpleton can't recognize all the *little* things Travis does for this team and what a difference it makes. Specifically, opening up space for PJ Washington on the block. He also probably leads the team in fouls taken.

Come out of the room I was watching the game in and my wife and mother in law are watching Abducted in Pain Sight. Nope

Reactions: MaxPowerrr
Travis does a lot of little things, which is why I want him back. He’s a nice piece to this team. And a great kid.

He wouldn’t have been the difference (winning vs losing) in this game given the bullshit performance the entire TEAM put forth.

If that’s controversial to you, GFY. We sucked ass today, and it wasn’t the fault of Travis being out.

If that’s your primary take from this game, and it seems to be for many, check yourselves.

You can’t really quantify what Nick Richards does to your team. He opens up the entire lane for layups, is reponsible for not getting numerous loose balls, you don’t ever have to guard him, he doesn’t ever guard anyone, etc etc. Travis could’ve easily been the difference in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT