ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie, Yovel Zoosman sounds made up. But I bet Fran Fraschilla loves him, and I can't wait for New York to draft him 25 spots too high.

The committee should go heavy on mid-majors for the bubble this year. The runner-up in the Southern Conference should get an at-large. Put them and whoever finishes second in Buffalo's conference in over Arizona State/Clemson/Texas. MY COLUMN: ...that was actually it.

-Luka's Mom :eyes:

-Still believe Hagans is gone regardless but a back court of Hagans/Maxey would be something to watch.

-Can't let whatever happens Saturday hangover until Tuesday. We have to scratch out a win in Oxford. Speaking of that...

-Southern Basketball fans are secretly awful. 2 games in conference play with stuff being thrown on the court during play. Hey floppy hair douche bags, cut that shit out.

-Worked out 24 of 28 days in Feb and only trimmed about 4lbs. :flushed:

-Need the big guy back and healthy.

Last edited:
Quentin Grimes:

Second Coach
“I liked him in high school, but I saw him get punked by Immanuel Quickley and it turned me off. I thought Quickley was tougher than he is. If you have a guard who can crawl up in him, and has length, he’ll struggle to play with toughness.

- Expecting a chippy game tomorrow.
Already :mad: about the werepecker rape whistle UK *will* get tomorrow.

100% lock that Tennessee will over-compensate for the absolute physical beating they took at Rupp by grabbing, hacking, slapping, pushing, holding, and tripping at every opportunity. Our big guys will be in foul trouble most of the game while Grant Williams probably shoots between 14-16 FTs. Even without Travis, I think Tennessee knows this is the only way they can beat UK.

What's the O/U on monitor reviews of Grant Williams flops? I'll go with 3....

Reactions: BradentonCatFan
I actually think Doug Shows is a sold official. Pat Adams is the one who makes me want to throw a full beer at the tv from time to time. I’d like to see Cal’s record with Adams calling games.

45-16 record with Shows.
Shows is consistently graded among the highest officials...he just has it out for Cal, which obviously affects his performance in our games.

Cal started out 19-1 with Shows. Then he got rung up 2 games in a row and lost 5 in a row. Shows even ejected Robic.

He reffed our losses to Duke and Bama this year.

The chairman of the Selection Committee this year is this guy... None other than Kevin White, Duke’s AD. Ha. I’m already getting redassed.

MilqueToast being on the committee is absolutely worthless to us.

Screenshot-2015-03-03-12.27.15.png

Not to diminish the point of Richie's post, but luckily(?) Kevin White is Vice Chair. Chair is Bernard Muir, which I only know because CBS had him as a guest on the "First Reveal" or whatever tf they called it, a few weeks ago.

Seemed like a good guy doing his best, but his performance was pretty pedestrian and stumbled his way through it.

That said, Kevin White will probably get whatever K wants while Mitch looks in the mirror to make sure his top button isn't undone.

Randos:

-Golf trip to Florida (Cape Coral/Ft. Myers) last week was a success. 48 dudes, went off without a hitch -- having a few club pros in attendance helped, but the Golf Genius makes it all a breeze regardless. If you aren't using that for your golf trips, talk to your pro or get the group to go in on it; it's expensive, but totally worth it.

-I swear Florida is more redneck than KY, overall...only with a much lesser quality of women. Can count on one hand how many (under 45) hotties that were seen in my 5 days down there.

-Abducted in Plain sight is without question the most touched up true story I've ever seen -- not sure how it could ever be topped, really. Just wow.

-Watched 'The Sinner' Season 1 this week. Enjoyed that it wasn't the same old murder story script/style. Plus, Jessica Biel.

-Nice Forbes feature today on the most successful Hip Hop Label of all time - Cash Money Records: https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackom...-drake-and-nicki-minaj-strike-platinum-again/

-Ok, Ok, if there was one game where we absolutely need Reid Travis, it's this one. Hope the fella is back for the SECT.

-Little brewery hop (Apocolypse, ATG, Akasha, Falls City, Gravely) w/ the Louisville crew last Saturday -- had never been to any of them except ATG - that's a fun little night out.

-My JRT Gillie is showing some signs of age out of nowhere of late. He's still got it in spurts, but overall is much more content to just casually patrol the yard, or lay next to me on the couch. Rarely even asks me to play anymore. :cry:

-Would rather win the SEC obviously, but man, the fact the #1 seed gets the noon Game Friday & Saturday is wack AF. Guess they figure it's an extra 2 hours or whatever of rest, but that's bullshit...nobody is used to playing at 11am CST, and it really sucks for the fans.

-:joy: at Phil putting out a casual pitching video, and proceeding to nail the Pin from 25yds twice in 3 shots (and not even acknowledging it) What a wizard.

-2 weeks til Sunny Vegas. [cheers]

/March

You are clearly a little off your SEC game, Wodie. The games are noon central and 1p eastern time. (and 10am Vegas time)

Lol, the draft pick comment you conveniently left out the context, and your part. At post time, RJ Barrett was indeed the consensus #1 pick...for 2 years running. Exactly zero people had Zion as #1 heading into the season, which I was happy to correct you on.

Gametime, shmametime. I'll be posted up at the Book at tipoff, please believe it. I will be on one of said spurts. :sunglasses: :fire:

I don’t think we will win tomorrow without Travis. :pray: That I’m wrong, but I’m almost always right about everything, with very few exceptions.
I'm optimistic that Richards' and Montgomery's length will bother Williams (and Alexander, I guess). Mostly just need them to play decent defense, grab rebounds, and set good screens. The biggest negative is that Travis is pretty good at drawing fouls, which neither of them do well.

To me, Hagans is the key for two reasons: (1) can he keep Bone in front of him; and (2) will the 7 assists and 2 turns Hagans from the first UT game show up, or the :eek: Hagans from the Arkansas game?

Pat Adams officiates exactly like a 5-3 man would conduct himself on a basketball court. Basically Scrappy Doo in human form. But he isn't corrupt, he's just inept. He makes terrible calls across the board.

The best referee in terms of being fair is probably Ted Valentine, and every suspension he has ever been handed is 100% warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT