ADVERTISEMENT

Shade Kroger field

Apr 30, 2024
S Carolina is a 3:30 game, other then the few areas of covered are where is the best place to sit where shade is available. Sat in west end zone for years and always scorching hot with sun in September. Maybe east end zone? Bringing son first game and don’t want him to lose experience by sun killing him

Bringing son first game and don’t want him to lose experience by sun killing him

If it is hot and Sunny, go upstairs (by elevator) meander over to the East end zone area where families with wheel chair access; still on the concourse, but closely overlooking the railing of the end zone seating. Find an usher, and explain your need, and he/they will likely fetch you two chairs. Failing this, buy tickets in the top-most south-east “corner” of the East end zone, immediately below (by a few feet) the area wheelchair access is provided, as described, above. (Sections 17-21.).

Last edited:
If it is hot and Sunny, go upstairs (by elevator) meander over to the East end zone area where families with wheel chair access; still on the concourse, but closely overlooking the railing of the end zone seating. Find an usher, and explain your need, and he/they will likely fetch you two chairs. Failing this, buy tickets in the top-most south-east “corner” of the East end zone, immediately below (by a few feet) the area wheelchair access is provided, as described, above. (Sections 17-21.).
Impressive effort to provide an answer ... hats off.

We had seats in 230 last year and those early season noon games were hot with relief from the sun not coming until late. If you aren't in one of the sections that are covered I would recommend 223, 224 or 225 as high up as possible. Those get shade pretty early compared to the rest of the sections.

Reactions: The-Hack
I'll be on section 222 and I expect a nice hot sun. Luckily I'm used to it hot so it don't me much. My 2 tag alongs can put they big boy pants on because it's a football game and elements are part of the game and fan experience.Go Cats!!

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
If you can manage to find and purchase tickets in the 100 seating level (sections 101-110), particularly seats in the rows towards the back of these sections, they are covered by the upper deck seating level. You’ll be in shade and/or sheltered from rain the whole game. These are the ideal seating options, IMO.

It's often funny how that works ain't it ?? It's everywhere, not just message boards.

Everyone has differing internet skills and general knowledge. When questions are asked, I don’t mind doing Google and/or posting links. As low-tech as I am, I’m like a f@&kin’ 12 year old for football discussions . . . meaning I can type 100 words a minute on a cell phone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT