Status
Not open for further replies.
1)2012
2)2011
3)2015
4)2010
5)2014
6)2013

the Wall/Demarcus/Bledsoe team is going to now and always be more popular/remembered team than last years. Wonderful 6 game run, loved ending UL's season and all the Aaron big sack 3's. Doesnt erase the anger and disappointment of Dec, Jan, Feb with that group.

First softball game tonight in over 6 years. Need to get to the park early for some infield.

Daddy's definitively mashing, though.
Actually started playing this year on a (big time, obvs) co-ed team for the first time in 6-7 years myself. Even went out and bought cleats. BTW Dick's offers professional glove steaming.

We should compare stats. Maybe even have a GYERO Fantasy Big Time Softball League.

Reactions: RibsAndWhiteBread
2011 was very sweet for apparent reasons with the drought and how they overcame all of the close loses on the road and got it right when it mattered.

Man, that team played pretty ball on offense. Beautiful spacing. Shooters.

2014 was the ultimate touch you to the detractors with agendas, fickle fans turning on our coach and UL in the middle of their glory run or whatever. Down and out for the count then beating who they beat was nothing short of amazing.

Swing hasn't been the same since my wrist surgery. Those rubber balls were also terrible.

Anybody in here ever done a warrior dash?
The idea is being thrown around the office for team building.:rolleyes: I'm curious if one of the fatties will hurt themselves.

If there's not a home run limit, it's not really big time softball.

Learn the cerebral machinations of the game, poser.

Just want to give a quick shout out to Anth. We had to replace the HVAC unit for the downstairs. He helped us get the best price and warranty. Actually, saved us several hundred dollars. He was a big help.

Just went to Dick's (lol) myself and picked up the most basic pair of black Nike cleats they had in stock. $29.99. Pretty dope, actually.

Time to dust off the old Dale Murphy and play ball.

GYEROLYMPICS was both awesome and absurd at the same time.

What about the lurker from Lex who showed up with his son during the inaugural in 2011?

Just want to give a quick shout out to Anth. We had to replace the HVAC unit for the downstairs. He helped us get the best price and warranty. Actually, saved us several hundred dollars. He was a big help.

You beat me to it, we had the same thing yesterday, but with our upstairs. I guess Bryant is already 2 for 2 this week on helping GYERO. I'm happy to say that calling Bryant is an absolute no-brainer. They have helped twice at my office and 3+ times at our house. At home, it's always my wife, not me, who always has to schedule and meet them and she's had 100% stellar experiences with them. Even with her, it's automatic - she texted me yesterday that the A/C was out and said that she had already called. I asked if she called Bryant, and she said "of course".

If you're not calling Bryant for your HVAC needs, you are doing it wrong. And you can quote me on that. ;)Thanks, anth.

Also, my wife said that the guys saw all the 4 framed UK national champs SIs on the wall of our bedroom closet and said "Oh, I guess your husband knows anthony because they're UK fans.":D Um, yep.

[these emoticons do suck].

GYEROLYMPICS was both awesome and absurd at the same time.

What about the lurker from Lex who showed up with his son during the inaugural in 2011?

Old friend of mine - from Louisville, actually, but still very funny and he would have probably driven over from Lex if he lived here. I was out of town and he gave me a good report. I remember he said his son was shagging balls in the kicking (punting?) contest. [where's the damn laughing emoticon?].

The Gyerolympics were awesome, shame that hasn't been rekindled. Really was a blast.

Meeting lurkers has always been fun for me. Ends up like some kind of coldwar spycraft. Random conversation and then they always seem to drop in a reference to the message boards. "Yeah we know who you are." Lol. Everybody has always been cool I've met.

Just went to Dick's (lol) myself and picked up the most basic pair of black Nike cleats they had in stock. $29.99. Pretty dope, actually.

Time to dust off the old Dale Murphy and play ball.
Only pair they had in stock for me was actually a pair of football cleats.

Makes me look more intimidating, IMO. Keep 'em in my trunk so people can get a glimpse at them, know I mean business 24/7/365.

Well to be fair, I just helped BJ with finding the right company in Mid-Tenn as we're not quite there yet. (hopefully not too far off actually).

Century though, made another donation to Baby George's college fund. Props.

Reactions: bradyjames
Deandre Liggins shit talking every single opposing player during the 2011 tournament is the highlight of the Cal era for me.

Agree.

DOTHEJOHNWALLNOW, DOTHEJOHNWALLNOW (my phone knows that phrase, btw ;))

Hey guys, I want to give a big shout out. My furnace went out on one of my Lexington rentals. I called anth, AND GUESS WHAT HE DID? He sent out a guy to fix it, for a reasonable fee. It was almost like he owned a heating and air business, and I paid him for that particular service.
Not sure I can thank him enough.

Fairly certain Liggins made Barnes shit in his shorts at the free throw line during the closing moments of that game.

Glorious.

What really made the moment was, the instant before, he's getting a hug from Cal/goes to the huddle with his face in his hands like he's crying, all sweet and emotional... camera pans away... camera comes back and he's clearly saying something that would (as I believe BKH put it) have to be closed captioned using dollar signs and exclamation points.

Cal (non-ifornia) just offered another 2017 kid.

Looks like he's doing his best not to get caught up in any more Spring scrambles.

Not sure it matters how early he gets on a kid anymore. Going forward I'm afraid few will commit and sign in November, instead waiting for the guy(s) at their position leave at the end of the season. Even then that stalling game blew up on us.

I don't think anybody will commit to UK while they're sophomores, but it does do away with the "we offered you way before Calipari did" card that a lot of schools are playing.

He hits no homeruns for a 1st baseman. He isnt getting any younger and he has trade value right now. Or you let him finish out his contract, keep having a decent OBP and Average and keep finishing behind St Louis and probably a couple more central teams

He hits no homeruns for a 1st baseman. He isnt getting any younger and he has trade value right now. Or you let him finish out his contract, keep having a decent OBP and Average and keep finishing behind St Louis and probably a couple more central teams

Umm, Votto is healthy again and hitting HRs at a pretty touching high rate. He has 7 HRs which is 2nd among NL 1st baseman (Gonzalez 9).

A healthy JV hits for average and power.

I would certainly entertain offers for anyone, including Votto, but I am not going to just dump him for prospects. That is not going to make the Reds better than the Cards. The Cards are simply better than anyone else in the NL right now.

Good response, wcc31. You finally have Votto healthy and performing at the highest level again and you want to trade him because he gets on base a lot?

Why is that a bad thing again, I forget?

Stick to not paying attention to the Reds, you are good at being ignorant and uninformed about them.

And your face is stupid.

-Good luck finding a team to do that.

-Woke up at 2 by a bug crawling on me. Freaked out, swatted, jumped out of bed, couldn't find anything so I figured I was just dreaming. 4a the little bastard is back just crawling on my shoulder. ::puke:: knocked him off, freaked out because I assumed it was a black widow morphed with a tarantula morphed with a werewolf(it wasn't), found a damn stink bug. Kept having weird dreams during this whole ordeal. Needless to say my attempt to crash early and get some rest didn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT