ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of Mel Gibson? Come on.

And the Patriot has been on tv all the time in the last 18 years.

I could pick another movie as a cultural touchstone if they said “aim small miss small” which was the point of the reference.

Anybody?
Shooter is that touchstone. Also "slow is smooth, and smooth is fast" would apply to spinal taps.

I think we will all look back in a few decades on giving people whatever drugs we are giving for depression and anxiety with the same sort of horror that we quite rightly regard slavery and the Holocaust.
You actually believe the prescribing of anti-depressants, which have helped countless people lead productive lives, will come to be viewed as equally horrific as a mass-murdering maniac killing six million+ Jews? Are you really that f**king stupid?

Doesn’t it kind of change your afterlife experience? I’m no religious ball, but isn’t suicide a one way ticket to hell?

I mean, autoerotic asphyxiation is more of an accident...oops went a little too far and now I’m dead.

Exactly. God has no sympathy for depressed people, but God is pretty forgiving of sexual deviancy.

It's in the Bible somewhere.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Never heard of Mel Gibson? Come on.

And the Patriot has been on tv all the time in the last 18 years.

I could pick another movie as a cultural touchstone if they said “aim small miss small” which was the point of the reference.

Anybody?

Millenials don't watch TV. Get with the times.

17-0 and a championship on the line tonight. I’m a freaking wreck. This is what Coach Cal felt like in 2015. Also ate zaxbys for lunch so I have sodium coursing through my body like a mighty river. Tonight is either going to be the best or worst day of my 6 year olds life. Please send puppies
Don’t sweat it, man. Rec league don’t mean shit. It’s all about the all star season and/or travel ball.

Save the angst for when your kid is pitching and mashing in the state finals and regional games.

I would say we would look at it the same way we view lobotomies now, you know, an outdated medical procedure. You lost me on the holocaust comp.

Yeah. Fair enough. My point was hyperbole. Which almost everything I say on here is.

Regardless, Anthony Bourdain, who was basically one of the coolest dudes ever who seemed like he had life figured out, hung himself in France while his poor daughter was 11 years old. Ain't no note going to undo that scar.

I would bet a lot of money that his toxicology report will indicate benzos and/or antidepressants.

If one were in college and would happened to have watched the Patriot after ingesting LSD, such person would never be able to watch the Patriot again.

caddyshack-gopher-gif-5.gif

Reactions: drxman1
Lol at the Patriot- and Gibson’s character, the oh so rare rich AF Southern landowner in the 1700s who rejected slavery, choosing to pay his men and women, and of course, treat them as equals.

No surprise at all an uneducated rube like Boat would like AND quote that shitstain of a film.

When talking Mel, stick with the Lethal Weapon franchise and Braveheart.

Chadwick, if you have some time read Hank Haney’s book The Big Miss on Tiger. Think you’d enjoy it as well.

It was a decent flick that told a heroic version of our war for independence and showed battle scenes that were fairly realistic for 18thcentury battle tactics. It’s no wonder a curmudgeon like you didn’t like it.

Reactions: drxman1
Lol at the Patriot- and Gibson’s character, the oh so rare rich AF Southern landowner in the 1700s who rejected slavery, choosing to pay his men and women, and of course, treat them as equals.

No surprise at all an uneducated rube like Boat would like AND quote that shitstain of a film.

I’m gonna assume you’re drunk in Mexico.

What is wrong with quoting something that makes sense? Aim small, miss small. When targeting an approach into the spinal canal, there is not a lot of room for error. Despite what you may think of Mel Gibson and the Patriot, this is a perfect analogy.

But I see you trying to pull some Good Will Hunting colonial agrarian society stunt. Get pumped.

How do you like them apples?

Speaking of PolyAnna, my boy Mitch bringing home some hardware this week.

What worthless award did Mitch win? I did see it announced that UK had more guys get drafted this year in baseball than any other college. Yet we didn't even make the damn tournament. Looks like Mitch strikes again.

Reactions: woodfordandwater

Actually, the movie was based on Francis Marion, aka The Swamp Fox, who was a key military figure in liberating The Carolina Colony from The British in The Revolutionary War. His battles tactics were totally unorthodox at the time and he’s a revered historical figure.

Actually, the movie was based on Francis Marion, aka The Swamp Fox, who was a key military figure in liberating The Carolina Colony from The British in The Revolutionary War. His battles tactics were totally unorthodox at the time and he’s a revered historical figure.

I know who the damn Swamp Fox was- just saying that portion of the move was pretty ham-handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT